[RMMV] CAN I MAKE A FORUM POST ABOUT A GAME THAT I AM WORKING ON? AND IF SO, WHERE?

Pages: 1
i am asking as i want to talk about games that i am working on without breaking the rules, especially since i forgot about them in my months offline.

so any help with answering this would be awesome, and much appreciated.
Well, usually the way it works you talk about either

1. general design. this won't be your game (tho some people reference it sometime), but it can be about general ideas in design. Like discussing the pros and cons of a certain battle system, or on how to make X work well in a game.

2. specific things you want feedback or help on (like having art in the art section, or posting a screenshot in the screenshot thread and asking for mapping help, or asking for help with an event or similar,).

3. create a gamepage and talk allllll you want about your progress there in blogs and ask people for their input if you like.
I'd recommend creating a gamepage either way! That's where discussion about your game goes.
thank you very much for the quick response, i'll definitely do #3 when i got something to show, as for right now it really is in R&D. (AKA the planning section)
Gotcha! : )

And you are very welcome~
If it's about the general idea (be it brainstorming) or searching for help you can find a lot.

Just talking too much about it is frowned upon as advertising itself is left for the gamepages and not allowed around the forums.

Good luck plotting your game and bringing it to fruition~
It's fine to make a thread asking about feedback for your game idea whilst still in the planning part. It's when you start throwing around screenshots or talking the game up to potential players that it's considered advertising.
author=Liberty
It's fine to make a thread asking about feedback for your game idea whilst still in the planning part. It's when you start throwing around screenshots or talking the game up to potential players that it's considered advertising.

ah ok, that makes sense, i mean i wouldnt INTEND on it being advertising, but i can see how it would look like that.
Pages: 1