!WRITER! LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCE

Pages: 1
I usually write short stories, I have no experience writing for games so any offers would be appreciated.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Heya! Welcome to RMN!

Perhaps it would make it easier to pique people's interest in working with you if you showed some examples of your previous writing? (Only if you feel comfortable sharing it, of course.)

In addition, we tend to have quite a lot of so-called game jam events around here, where people who don't know each other very well yet can team up to create a small game together. If you don't have a lot of experience in writing for games yet, you should keep an eye out for those events.

Best of luck, and see you around!
Appreciate the tip, the thing is i haven't typed up my stories, so i'll work on that.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
You might not get many takers without any examples. Writing is equal or second to the title of the "idea man"

It's just not in very high demand, I'm afraid :(
Nice ^^

I'll end up needing a writer to wrap a story around the game-frame I got up for Winterruption (the current game-jam) if the one I asked is unavailable.

For base-line of it, the game is a 2D platformer about a girl who gets accidentally trapped into a soul-gem and tries to find her way out of it, while meeting and possibly rescuing, the ones who 'live' there. Not looking for something revolutionary and ground-breaking, just a cool story to fit with the lone/melancholic atmosphere of the game and give some rewarding lore for those who will bother with the side-quests.

I'd like to read some of your stuff first though, mostly for standard procedure, I'm not really known for being a serious and demanding person x3
I need a writer for my visual novel/horror game I am designing I will inbox you.
While I can't offer you any work, as a) I'm one of those over the top auteur types who has to do everything himself and b) University is kicking my ass six ways to sunday so my two current projects have largely stalled for now...

I can offer some advice to a budding game writer.

1) Start simple. Complexity will come naturally.

2) Try to get into a character's head when writing them. Real people are complex beings and the more you can tap into that, the more interesting they become.

3) Read your dialogue out loud. If it sounds dumb when you say it out loud, it needs more work.

If you can follow those 3 bits of advice, you're already a bit ahead of the curve.
Thank you guys for your advice, i'm gonna type up samples and i'll get back to the ones that are interested.
Pages: 1