[RMVX ACE] BEST NORMAL ATTACK FORMULA

Pages: 1
Coonie
We do not allow ban evading.
My current formula is 1 + a.atk * 4/3 - b.def / 99 it works well but buffs don't works like attack up or Def up. could some one please tell me whats wrong?
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
What are your attack/defence curves like?
Coonie, with some formulas you may need to create custom buff states. (You'd def want Yanfly's scripts/plugins.) This way you can have a straight additive buff, +3 attack, or you could have one that increases attack by user.level/5%/etc, have it stack, or more.)

Also as Trihan said, hehe.

Depending on how high the stats are, a low % buff may not provide a consistantly noticeable change. For ease, I jack up a stat super high in a buff/stat, so if there is a change it is noticeable immediately. (Power hands state- atk * 1000%, etc.) So give that a try and see if there is a change.
I just keep everything at: a.atk * 4 - d.def * 2
It works for me haha. It is simple.
The "flat + base * (atk/dfn)" formula is pretty balanced, imo.

Buy as trihan said, it depends on how you want your damage formulae to curve.
Every three points of attack raises average damage by four, but you need 99 defense to lower damage by one? That means for every point of attack, it takes 132 points of defense to cancel it out. Def up would not do much seeing as defense is near useless unless you design it to have absurdly high values compared to attack. I don't know why attack up don't work though.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

1 is the best. no variance or critical. always just do 1 damage. at least it's a move you can count on to always work.

author=kory_toombs
1 is the best. no variance or critical. always just do 1 damage. at least it's a move you can count on to always work.

That...is actually genius. It would make balancing the game easier. Why didn't I think of that? >.<
Pages: 1