[MAFIA] ANIME WAIFU BATTLE ROYALE! =+= FINISHED =+=

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
LockeZ
Mafia is a game about creating conspiracy theories. Players not knowing the entire setup - or even being lied to about it - is completely fine.
moderator lying is not fine!!!!!!!!

He meant to say that moderator lying was fun!
I ain't gonna lie, but I ain't gonna tell all the things that exist. Just the stuff you need to know to play, ofc. I was asked about town, I explained about town. There are other things that will be explained via Role PMs. I'm not for leaving you all swinging completely blind.

As always I'm open to questions if people need some clarification about things.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
WHO ARE U GONNA MAKE THE SK
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=LockeZ
Mafia is a game about creating conspiracy theories. Players not knowing the entire setup - or even being lied to about it - is completely fine.
moderator lying is not fine!!!!!!!!

It's fine if you do it right. In the Spy VS Spy mafia for example, we were told we had a mason chat room for just our team, but one of the people in there was actually a double agent. That was brilliant. There were hints that the moderator was lying about it, too (everyone was given a code name).

Any way you look at it, the time I pretended to get people to sign up for a tabletop RPG with 12 players and then I TRICKED THEM ALL IT WAS ACTUALLY MAFIA THE WHOLE TIME was the best mafia gimmick of all time. Even though it made two thirds of them quit and the game got cancelled and I had to start over months later with a different gimmick.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I think we can all agree moderators omitting parts of the truth is fine. The whole point of the game is that players only have a small part of the information after all. There wouldn't be much of a game if the moderator gave all of the information.

Outright lying, however, I'm not very in favour of. The reason why the moderator shouldn't do much in thread except votecounts and end-of-day posts is exactly because you have to be able to take moderator posts as the truth. (Also because you need to have some level of non-interference and just let the players fuck themselves over, but y'know.)

An exception to this rule could be powers that change the outcome of a flip upon death. Then the moderator is technically lying, but even then they're sort of telling the truth, because they're stating the outcome of the flip as dictated by the rules.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Okay. I trust your judgement and experience in organising Mafia games, Liberty. If you say you might want to surprise us, but are not going to leave us completely in the dark, that's all I need to know.

One more question, though: Are we supposed to start choosing our teammates only once the game has started, or can we begin doing that now already?
I just updated the OP with the full rules (bar some other stuff that's hidden but will become a bit clearer). It should answer that question for you.

PMs got set back a bit due to family stuff (orz) so I'll send them out in the morning (it's past midnight here ;.;). Meanwhile, if you ask any questions on the information provided I'll answer what I can when I wake up. Just keep in mind that anything I don't answer is probably kept hidden for a reason.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Gotcha! Thanks a lot! Well, I'm ready to go.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
You could have just said it was Anime Waifu Hunger Games, you know.

Maye the Odds be Ever in your Waifu
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Battle Royal is a general name given to hunger games style things. It was the original ''fight each other to death, only 1 will survive'' thing.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I really expected OddRabbit to chime in on phrasing after that one
Frogge
In the spirit of the actual battle royale we should have 40 players.
author=Frogge
In the spirit of the actual battle royale we should have 40 players.

are there even 40 people on rmn
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
There are at least 40 XxXHellaZZes on RMN
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
author=Hexatona

I don't like the Hunger Games that much. Too little mystery.
Frogge
author=oddRABBIT
author=Hexatona

But killing!
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
author=Frogge
author=oddRABBIT
author=Hexatona
But killing!

Killing is pointless without mystery.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I agree, but try telling that to someone who likes FPS games.
Frogge
author=oddRABBIT
author=Frogge
author=oddRABBIT
author=Hexatona
But killing!
Killing is pointless without mystery.

I was trying to find a smartass comeback but failed. You win this one odd. You win this one

Well, Liberty gave me the ok so I'll be joining with none other than the leading man himself...