[MAFIA] ANIME WAIFU BATTLE ROYALE! =+= FINISHED =+=

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Frogge
So you're saying we'll both be dead.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
We have 20 people, and only two can win. So probably.
...we only have 18?
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Oh, I didn't count, and the number 20 came up some time ago. Guess I should have checked.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Liberty, did you ignore my question on purpose because you already have everything covered and don't want to spoil anything by responding? If so, I'll make sure not to question the rules again before the game has started, of course.
author=NeverSilent
So... I've got a question. If there's only one serial killer and everyone else is technically town, then what incentive would we have to ever agree on a lynch candidate again once the serial killer is gone? At that point, it'd basically be a big free-for-all, where each team tries to get rid of all other teams, right? So unless one team somehow manages to keep both members alive until the very end, it would always end in a stalemate anyway.
And honestly, I would prefer it if ultimately, the winner isn't going to be decided purely through randomly determined extras such as powers or items, as that completely defeats the purpose of a Mafia game.

Everyone is town in that everyone has the same win condition. Survive. Only two can win, however the serial killer, well... if they win, ONLY they win.

But there's more to it than that, too.
Is it too late to sign up?

EDIT:

Also where is puddor and squall?
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
That's what I mean. If everyone's only objective is to survive, then how would we ever find a compromise on who to lynch once the serial killer is dead? As soon as there's no more scum to hunt, we have nothing to gain from working together any more. Even if a majority decides to gang up on one person or team for a while, the main gameplay element of Mafia is still lost, as there will be no need for trying to identify our common enemies any more.

Edit: I'm honestly not trying to be obnoxious, I'm just genuinely confused as to how this game is supposed to work.
Frogge
I vote we let zeuzio in

The more the merrier

The more the waifuer

Waifu is trash, where ma bois
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=NeverSilent
That's what I mean. If everyone's only objective is to survive, then how would we ever find a compromise on who to lynch once the serial killer is dead? As soon as there's no more scum to hunt, we have nothing to gain from working together any more. Even if a majority decides to gang up on one person or team for a while, the main gameplay element of Mafia is still lost, as there will be no need for trying to identify our common enemies any more.

Edit: I'm honestly not trying to be obnoxious, I'm just genuinely confused as to how this game is supposed to work.

im assuming there are details we are not yet privy to

author=TungerManU
How'd we do all pairs + 1 SK if we have an even number of players anyway

#vote in Zeuzio

the SK is in the pairs
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
liberty, if there are not details we aren't privy to and this setup makes no sense, please feel free to use the incredibl AMAZING RACE setup, which is for 20 players but could be downsized to 18.

The Race Rules Part I

This is a nightless game. There is 6 scum (2 godfathers), 1 serial killer, and 13 vanilla town.
The serial killer has a day kill that starts on day 2.
There will be 10 teams of 2 - masons that may talk to each other out of thread. Your mason is not confirmed. There may be 2 scum team, 2 town team, 1 scum, 1 town, 3rd party, etc. It is up to you to trust your teammate.
You may pick your mason if the person signs up. If you do not pick, you will be randomly assigned somebody.
This is a OOT heavy game - so being in contact with your mason buddy is vital. Whether it is to gain their trust or distrust, it can only help.

How Voting Works

A mason team may #race Team another team at any time during the day, and those 4 players are the only 4 that may be voted for that day. 1 player of the winning team (the team that doesn't get somebody voted off) will then get a card (which will be decided by a coin flip) - if the team wins another challenge, the other player on the team will get the next token, and so on. If there is one player, then he will be the only one to get the token, obviously. Cards will be randomly drawn as well.

The cards taken and the player who won it will not be made known public.

Here are the cards:

U-Turn: If your team is challenged, you may U-Turn any other team in the game to take your spot. This is the only reward that you may hold on to and not use the next day. (Total cards in game: 3)

Roadblock: The next game day you will be protected from a day kill. You will also get to protect somebody that is not on your team from the possibly serial killer day kill. If the serial killer is dead by the time you get this card, this card will erase 2 total votes from you by picking the two players you want it erased from (after they vote you). (Total cards in game: 3)

Fast Forward: You may investigate a player in the game during the next day, and it will tell you if they are scum or town. (Total cards in game: 3)

Detour: You get to day-kill somebody as a vigilante, it must be used the next game day. (Total cards in game: 1)

If anybody dies before submitting their choice with the card, the card will be reshuffled back into play.

Libby could add in trash-tier npc waifus if needed. They could serve as pawns in the great waifu wars. Waifu. (Rei from Evangeleon is trash-tier waifu, so cold and rigid.)
There is, of course, more to it than I've mentioned. I was asked about everyone being town. I answered how everyone was town. There's obviously other things that will be going on. You'll see~

I'll send stuff out soon.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Mafia is a game about creating conspiracy theories. Players not knowing the entire setup - or even being lied to about it - is completely fine.
There's no such thing as trash-tier waifus.

Well sure, there's Emilia, but that's a unique exception.
author=karins_soulkeeper
There's no such thing as trash-tier waifus.

Well sure, there's Emilia, but that's a unique exception.

they are all equally terrible
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=LockeZ
Mafia is a game about creating conspiracy theories. Players not knowing the entire setup - or even being lied to about it - is completely fine.

moderator lying is not fine!!!!!!!!