[RMMV] COLLABORATION WITH THE COMMUNITY

Pages: first 12 next last
Hey guys!

News #1: OSS CoreScript
So RPG Maker MV's Core Scripts are now under OSS.

This project is aimed at improving "RPG Maker MV CoreScript" to be better than it currently is, aided by the community and developers. Any fixes implemented from here is now official.

The reason I have brought this up is because...

News #2: Editor Suggestion and Improvements
The purpose of this board is to improve the Editor for RPG Maker MV. Before now, we have had extremely limited rights to modify the editor. Depending on how OSS goes, we will be able to implement major editor changes. This will also rely heavily on community votes.

So if you are using RMMV and can program, please consider helping us!
Or if you are just a normal user, please vote for features or post features you'd like!

Thanks guys <3
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I am using RMMV and can program, I am in your target demographic!

I'll have a look at this later. :)
author=Trihan
I am using RMMV and can program, I am in your target demographic!

I'll have a look at this later. :)

Trihan
I'm not sure what you're trying to say with that image. XD
I don't use MV much. I can kinda program.

I'll probably stick with the "normals" and cast my vote.

Pretty neat that they're allowing the community to dabble with the editor. Efficient, too.
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
Improve the pathing and the loading of the audio. That's the number one reason for lag.
author=KatanaHiroshi
Improve the pathing and the loading of the audio. That's the number one reason for lag.

Check the roadmap ;)

author=Trihan

It's excitement!
Trihan
author=Archeia_Nessiah
author=KatanaHiroshi
Check the roadmap ;)

author=Trihan

It's excitement!

Excitement that someone wants to help or that it's me specifically? :P
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Check the roadmap ;)

Oh, thanks for the info. Still, low-end specs kinda gets the receiving end a bit more. (low-spec user btw)

Also, I could code, but only a little bit in Java. I still have to test myself after I went on to compete for the NOI (a national qualifier round for the IOI).
author=Trihan
author=Archeia_Nessiah
author=KatanaHiroshi
Check the roadmap ;)

author=Trihan

It's excitement!
Excitement that someone wants to help or that it's me specifically? :P

Why not both? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trihan
Haha, good answer.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Multi layers.
Posting here doesn't help. Go post in the links provided! That's where people can vote on proposed ideas and whatnot.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Is this only for RMN? I didn't see this on Steam. Though asking the Steam message board for ideas will get you into a hot mess of posts.
Probably best to stick to the communities who actually have people who know the engine and make games with it. Also, RMN is sorta sister-site to RMW. The older, rebellious sister who is in college. They both pretend they aren't related because they're think they're both OMG SO UNCOOL, but they love each other really. xp

...we share a lot of peeps.
We're tsunderes for each other...we can't help it.
X3
That love/hate dynamic, yo. The dreams of every anime nerd. In site form!

I wonder what the sites would look like as people. My guess is RMW would be a sort-of-pure-ish young teen who is a bit nerdy but cute. She's smart and decisive and likes to get stuff done. Meanwhile, RMN would be a more laid-back, college student with her own style and more open to idealogies and radicalismo, but kinda stubborn about some traditions. One would be more sciences and philosphies, whilst the other is more artsy and imaginative. One reinvents herself often whilst the other tends to stay the same but will small changes here and there. One likes radio boy bands. The other is more into the underground indie scene.

Now we need images or something. A contest. Design RMN and RMW's anthropomorphic selves. XD
Trihan
Would that make GGZ the enormous behemoth of a cousin with buck teeth, a monobrow and more hair than Bigfoot who invites herself to all the parties, thinks she's god's gift to women, and threatens everyone she meets with a sexual harassment lawsuit?
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I think the roadmap is decent, but oh man is the versioning kinda... underwhelming. Project could definitely use some more solid organization and planning.

Also I just realized: MV's gameloop is tied to requestAnimationFrame?! Jesus balls that is not good. I'd consider that like, priority 1 to fix.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=Liberty
Probably best to stick to the communities who actually have people who know the engine and make games with it. Also, RMN is sorta sister-site to RMW. The older, rebellious sister who is in college. They both pretend they aren't related because they're think they're both OMG SO UNCOOL, but they love each other really. xp

...we share a lot of peeps.

I see you've made rather...clever modifications to my old explanation of the dynamic between RMN and RMW :D
Pages: first 12 next last