CURIOUS GAME SELECTION.

Pages: 1
Just wanting to state for those judging pushing games through the system seems flawed. I've seen some with less detail/info than mine on front page yet I get declined for the very reasons that I've seen theirs being up for. Not exactly a fair decision and makes me not want to consider publishing/attempting again here. This is not for those who DO get their stuff published but for those who judge based on these rules. This is generally for new people who wish to publish things while being new to using the maker core. Also, the tuts and etc. isn't exactly a "good" reason to decline. This is not an "attack" of any sort, this is not inciting any sort of argument for other creators. This does not apply to long term game creators. This is for new people. Again, I've seen "new" people get their content put up for the same reason mine got declined for.

This is just a concern, take this how you want and I quite frankly won't see anything change specifically because of this but this is the feedback and wanted to voice concern on my experience on trying to publish a game for others to try.

I got declined for not having 3 pictures when I did indeed upload 3 pictures, I got declined for "not enough detail" when I put more detail than some of the front page games have, and the map layout is kinda just a copout it seems to me. I've seen worse put up is basically what I'm saying.

Again, this is a concern and feedback for the site. Whatever is decided is not my decision but I would like to voice my concern is all.

Have you considered contacting the mod/admin in private first before making this a public issue? People usually respond better when they're contacted in PM politely as opposed to put on the spot in a thread like this one.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I mean it's not like anyone here can judge if you're not bothering to show your page info vs. whatever's already there. All we have is a claim with no evidence.
You wrote two lines about the plot of your 2-4 hour RPG. We ask for a paragraph of plot-based description. Talking about how and why you made your game does not count. What does count:
1-2 paragraphs (or more if you want) of plot-based description
IN ADDITION TO
Feature list
Credits list
Character bios
etc

The only games that have less than two sentences worth of plot-based description are either puzzle games that have no plot, games that were added to the site before the rules were changed (well over five years now). There might be one or two exceptions. Maybe.

https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/5673/

On top of that you didn't provide the required 3-5 in-game images, and your mapping is currently below site standards. Please fix these issues and your game will be happily accepted.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Any game that has more than two sentences worth of plot deserves to be deleted for having too much plot
If you want your gamepage to be accepted, all you have to do is make it so...

( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

...the plot thickens.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Dyhalto
If you want your gamepage to be accepted, all you have to do is make it so...

( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

...the plot thickens.

If this joke were a gamepage, I'd reject it.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Ghos7Soldier
Just wanting to state for those judging pushing games through the system seems flawed. I've seen some with less detail/info than mine on front page yet I get declined for the very reasons that I've seen theirs being up for. Not exactly a fair decision and makes me not want to consider publishing/attempting again here. This is not for those who DO get their stuff published but for those who judge based on these rules. This is generally for new people who wish to publish things while being new to using the maker core. Also, the tuts and etc. isn't exactly a "good" reason to decline. This is not an "attack" of any sort, this is not inciting any sort of argument for other creators. This does not apply to long term game creators. This is for new people. Again, I've seen "new" people get their content put up for the same reason mine got declined for.

This is just a concern, take this how you want and I quite frankly won't see anything change specifically because of this but this is the feedback and wanted to voice concern on my experience on trying to publish a game for others to try.

I got declined for not having 3 pictures when I did indeed upload 3 pictures, I got declined for "not enough detail" when I put more detail than some of the front page games have, and the map layout is kinda just a copout it seems to me. I've seen worse put up is basically what I'm saying.

Again, this is a concern and feedback for the site. Whatever is decided is not my decision but I would like to voice my concern is all.

Yes, RMN has a minimum amount of quality to the screenshots and summary that's required to get your game on the site. Yes, there are some games submitted before the current rules were in place that are of lesser quality. However, that doesn't change the fact that the level of quality being asked for is very low. If you want a place to post your game without having to pass any tests of basic, basic quality, you can put your game up on Gamejolt or itch.io. If you want your games here, please try to improve and meet the minimum requirements.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
i mean they're not even asking for quest 64 quality
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
You can do it; I believe in you. This got accepted back in 2011 and I literally only used four different tiles. It can't be that bad.

Why not post your summary here and what your game is about and maybe one of us can provide you with a summary that would meet site standards? While you're at it, why not post your screenshots so that we can tell you how to improve to meet site standards? What we in this thread want (or should want, I can't speak for everyone) is for your game to meet site standards.

People who abuse sample maps get accepted for Pete's sake.
Sooz
So here's a couple of threads that might help you out, OP:

NEW DEVELOPER MAPPING HELP THREAD

LET'S WORK ON YOUR GAME DESCRIPTIONS!

These should help you get an idea of what's considered cool and good in RMNland.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Corfaisus
You can do it; I believe in you. This got accepted back in 2011 and I literally only used four different tiles.
This should be retroactively rejected.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=LockeZ
author=Corfaisus
You can do it; I believe in you. This got accepted back in 2011 and I literally only used four different tiles.

And it was recently re-accepted. I'm sure anyone could meet the site standards.
Sooz
I bet Abraham Lincoln couldn't.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
"Four score and seven years ago, you bastards denied my game submission!"
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Old Abe Lincoln made the first tileset out of widdlin' wood
Corfaisus
"I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end."
Game page denied!

*runs to forum*
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
BRuCe BANNE'd!

Lesson: don't be Honest Abe.
author=Corfaisus
author=LockeZ
author=Corfaisus
And it was recently re-accepted. I'm sure anyone could meet the site standards.

To be fair, that was far from the only screenshot shown on the game page, so...
Sooz
It's all clearly evidence of rampant corruption. I am calling for an investigation into the "approval for alpacas" scheme, in which game page acceptance may be bought in exchange for shipping adorable alpacas to a certain PO Box!
Pages: 1