LITTLE BUMMED OUT...

Pages: first 12 next last
Well, forums.rpgmakerweb.com is down. I've been trying to get back in for most of an hour so I can send a message to my dev teammate, but no go.

I am definitely feeling the blues.

Anyone else frustrated by this?

Edit: Looks like the site is back up and running. Thanks to everyone who commented their nice thoughts.

Edit 2: Down again. When I was trying to communicate with my dev team, it f*cks off. I am very, very pissed off right now.

I am not okay with this, but thanks for asking.

It's also because of this, my avatar image also refuses to show properly. Thanks.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I have too many other things to do to be bummed that I can't access the rpgmakerweb forums, but I am sympathetic to your polite and offer a plethora of remote hugs.

Edit: Sympathetic to your polite? Really, Trihan? Really?

What I meant to say before my fingers decided to herp a bunch of derp was I am sympathetic to your plight.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
TBF I find myself generally sympathetic to polite people, too.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Sooz
TBF I find myself generally sympathetic to polite people, too.
That's the point of being polite, right?
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Maybe RPGMakerWeb should try being more polite.
Trihan
Then the forums might work.
author=Reapergurl
Well, forums.rpgmakerweb.com is down. I've been trying to get back in for most of an hour so I can send a message to my dev teammate, but no go.

Might wanna arrange using discord or some other chat app, since RMW forums are down pretty frequently.
author=SgtMettool
Might wanna arrange using discord or some other chat app, since RMW forums are down pretty frequently.

How often is pretty frequently?

This is only the second time I've noticed, the first being the February forum update (but that didn't result in a connect error).
author=Archeia_Nessiah
It's down due to server
https://status.linode.com/

So, is it because of some sort of weather related occurrence?

Glad to see a familiar face/username.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
It's back now btw.
Again, here we go again!

Server dumping, no one uses this anymore!
thankfully at RMN we haven't changed in 6 years
I believe it's because they updated the forums recently and there are still a few kinks to work out. God knows I've crashed this site when poking about doing stuff, I can't imagine throwing a whole new updated version into the mix.

So yeah, have a bit of patience. Give 'em time to iron out the issues.
Archeia_Nessiah mentioned this once before.

Linode Server

It appears to be the problem once again.

My PR firm has server dumping and two server locations just in case of this sort of thing happening.
I'm sure your firm isn't run by volunteers or have limited monetary supplies for upgrades outside of the engine they're creating/supporting. I'm also sure the set-up for your firm is very different - Nessy and crew have had to actively fight for support from KADOKAWA at times, and K is looking into future areas instead of past ones, also, they focus more on the Japanese market than the English.

You're very lucky to still have official forums at all.
It's run by a multitude of things. Volunteer work is common, but not on my floor.

We're a PR firm; we're not wealthy or get a ton of revenue; I'd not be behind on so many debts if the opposite were true because my salary would be much higher than $9.16/hr.

Though my job duties involve not the IT or infrastructure, I know a lot about what goes on through all the filing I do, and writing word for word by hand, reports submitted by every single last employee.

I guess, the main difference is that the servers we use are local (one up on the top floor, the other a couple miles away), and that we often use data dumping in case of a server failure, to a set of always online external HDDs.

It's a bit sloppy, and not perfect, but it is effective, and underrated.

If Kadokawa is looking to not be supportive, then it's best to break ties (I know that is a LOT harder said than done because I had to write over TWO HUNDRED reports on a similar problem my own firm had to deal with and it was redundant as HELL).

Listen, all of you. I'm sick, and fighting to actually be creative. I'm stressed out over my lesser productivity at work, and when the one thing I need that I have no control over goes wrong, you can bet I'll be upset because it does NOT feel GOOD; it makes me feel even worse, makes it harder for me to fight my illness, and overall just doesn't flow.

If it weren't for the amount of people on paid vacation, I'd be able to take sick leave. I just have to wear a hospital mask over my face, and hope that works.

That and 400+ mg of Ibuprofen every four to six hours.
Trihan
Although I have nothing but the utmost sympathy for your illness and the frustration of not being able to accomplish your goals, being hostile about it towards people for merely pointing out alternative viewpoints in a non-confrontational (albeit perhaps a little passive-aggressive) way isn't the most constructive way to remedy that. I hope you got some catharsis from your post, but the rant didn't get you any closer to fixing the problem, I imagine.

Sometimes infrastructure screws up, and it sucks but all the redundancy in the world isn't going to protect you 100% from server issues. Granted, RMW seems to have more than its fair share, but like Libby said they've just done a massive forum software upgrade so some teething issues are to be expected.

Considering (as far as I'm aware) that some of our more well-known community people (Nessy, Yanfly etc.) are sort of making their living now through the partnership with Kadokawa, I'm not sure it's a simple matter of just breaking ties just because the support isn't the best it could be.

Besides, would you rather we didn't get any kind of official RPG Maker localisation at all?
Keep in mind that -everyone- on the moderation and admin team over on RMW are volunteers. They don't get paid for their work on the forums. They do it in their off time, after working, even when they feel like shit or want the day off. They do a great job and again, new software means new problems. It's going to be an issue until it's sorted out, so being a little patient is a good idea. There are many other sites around that you can poke your nose into in the meantime.

There's tumblr and reddit areas for RPGMaker, there's twitter hashtags, there's the MV forums, there's this site... if you google I'm sure you can find some other forums around the place that you can tinker around in for a while.

It's not that I'm not sympathetic to your issues, but complaining about something that really can't be helped won't help you feel better bar the initial venting. And even then, it probably won't work that well since it's really not something you can fix. Just gotta find something to do in the meantime is all.
Makes me honestly wish I didn't know all this. I mean, it's all knowledge I won't ever use.

Eww...I just looked in the bucket next to me...why?

Mmm...what were we talking about again? Oh, the merger?

No, wait. The...server.

Ick. I miss the days when it would be my ISP or the router or my computer...then I could just write it off as a pseudo-user error and call it a day.
Pages: first 12 next last