GAME FOLLOWING REAL TIME

Pages: 1
Hi there.

I am currently creating a game in RM2k3, and I have thought about implementing a system. I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I will ask anyhow. Basically, I would like to make a game that follows the real time of the player. The player would insert the real time and date at the beginning of the game, and it would be the same as real life whenever he played.
For instance:

-The player inputs "November 20th, 8:30 p.m." Consequently, it will be night in the game. Or if the time is in the morning, then it will be lighter outside, etc. I'm not too concerned about extreme realism here, such as changing sunrise/sunset depending on where the player lives, but you get the basic idea.

-If the player quits the game for one month, then the date will change accordingly - without him/her having to play the game.

My question is: Is there anyway to mod the engine, or otherwise patch RM2k3 so that it realizes the date on the player's computer and the date will change according to real life, as well as night/day(assuming the user has the correct time on their computer?)

Thank you for any help!
Not possible in 2k3... however, it may be possible in XP or VX.
Well a guy at GW told me something about "powermode cherry made", or something, that allows scripts. I wasn't really sure what that was about. Maybe it would be possible with that? If not then i'll just do my game Harvest Moon style.

There might be a patch that allows it, however, I don't know of any.
Pages: 1