[RMVXA] NEED HELP WITH TILESET

Pages: 1
I am learning how to pixel and need to know how to to set the canvas size in Clip studio paint, and what size the canvas has to be to make buildings, etc. I looked everywhere but couldn't find anything. All I know is that you have to have 32 x 32 pixels, but does that mean when I make a new canvas I set the size to that or what? Can someone make image examples?

What I want to try to start pixeling is the dwma from Soul Eater. But I don't know what the canvas size needs to be.

And what are autotiles? How do I use them?

Is this the right place to post this? I wasn't sure. I'm all new to this.
Okay, first you should check the RTP files that come with the engine. They will give you the required sizes for the different parts.

RMVXA has different types of tilesets with different sizes. There's a difference between the sizing of an A5 tileset and a B-E tileset.

As for autotiles, they're basically set up like so:

Red are the corner parts.
Yellow are the outside of the autotile and they loop at 16x16 intervals.
Green is the inside of the autotile and it also changes up 16x16 intervals.
Blue are the indents.

The set up is basically a bunch of 16x16 blocks that tile together to create a pattern of repeating lines.

These patterns alternate to create a line/block that doesn't seem to tile so much.

Compare with 2k/3 tiles:

Basically the same thing, but broken up even more.

These are the basic break-up of the 2k/3 tiles - blue is the edges, yellow is the corners and red is the centre parts.

They're quite alike when broken down enough.
Um, hope that helps a bit.
Pages: 1