[FORUM GAME] RISE OF THE HIGHLANDER

Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
"haha, toldja so! See, aaaaaalways listen to Sophie. Should we just leave him there, or like, use him to break the icey door? I mean, always fight fire with fire... or ice with ice in this case I guess! Worst case scenario he gets a bit of a bump on the head, let's do it!"
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
"Sophie! If you're not going to help me get him out of this, the least you can do is save the snide comments for later!"
Kloe
"Fine, but seriously, we're looking for a big heavy thing to hit the door with, and our friend has just become a great battering ram. And if it's not strong enough, maybe the ice will shatter and he's free. Either he'll be free or the door will open, most likely."

"I mean sure we could free him but we could lose out on the oportunity to get whatever loot and treasure is on the other side!"
pianotm
"If he's frozen solid enough to use as a battering ram, he's dead, and I know he's not because I can see him trying to speak! There's plenty of ways through ice. It's just frozen water. Push comes to shove, we can light a fire by it."

"That might work..."

"Someone help me light a fire by Reistpay!"
Kloe
"As our slightly smelly buddy over here said: 'This lamp is a source of light, not of incineration. It would take days to melt through a block of ice' so maybe not. I still think he'd make a good battering ram."
pianotm
"Sophie, are you trying to be a dip? A regular fire would probably get through that door in about an hour. Reistpay's already a warm body. A fire next to him would make short work of it. We've already got an ignition source. We just need something flammable. Rotten bedding sounds like it might work."

(I looked it up. Even that lamp would do better than LockeZ suggests. It kind of needs fire, you know. We've got this little thing called thermodynamics...melting ice involves things called heat transference and ambient temperatures. That might be something to look into.)

"Reistpay, when I've got you out of this, you'll remember that I was the only that tried to help, right?"
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=pianotm
"Feng'ar, when I've got you out of this, you'll remember that I was the only that tried to help, right?"

(pssst... Reistpay is the one trapped in the ice... I know it's confusing, cause it's the _Sol Brothers and they have very similar avatars )
Kloe
(yeah, dammit Sols!! Use your normal avatars now that DGRP Forum game is ded. I can't count how many times I had to rewrite part of a post cus I messed up which one each of you were. :P)
pianotm
(Thanks, I fixed it.)
As I'm about to turn around to tell the others what I just saw, I see Riestpay turn into an opsiclepay.

"Don't worry Riestpay, we'll get you out of there!"

"Hrmm... A fire might work if he was frozen in a block of regular ice, but we have to take into account the fact that Riestpay was iced by magic, so fire may not be as effective as we might hope. Not to forget that we should be very careful when lighting a fire, what with all these webs on the floor."
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Alright, confusion gone. I'm an Ace Attorney again.

I do nothing, because I already used my action this turn. Also because I'm a popsicle.
pianotm
Bart_Sol
"Hrmm... A fire might work if he was frozen in a block of regular ice, but we have to take into account the fact that Riestpay was iced by magic, so fire may not be as effective as we might hope. Not to forget that we should be very careful when lighting a fire, what with all these webs on the floor."

"It might not, but it's better than doing nothing. Spider web isn't flammable."

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YouHaveToBurnTheWeb
http://books.google.com.au/books?id=M-om7HI3rwcC&lpg=PA40&dq=silk%20flammable&pg=PA40#v=onepage&q=silk%20flammable&f=false
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'll gladly set as many party members on fire as Sophie likes, if we can find any wood to burn. As an added bonus, a fire will probably scare off some of the creatures that live here, and maybe even thaw that door enough that we can open it. It's also incredibly likely to use up all of the oxygen, and spread to every room that has webbing, killing us all in an inferno, since this place was clearly not designed with fire escape exits, but I guess being burned alive is fine too.

In the meantime, I think our choices are to leave him here, or tie a chain around him and drag him with us.

Well, I wouldn't want to split the party.

I disconnect my meathook from the chain, and tie the chain around Riestpay. I pull him behind me as I continue to the eastern room in my investigation.
Kloe
(I wasn't the one who wanted to use fire at all to thaw Reistpay, that was Fengahaha.)
Oh, whoops, forgot to do an action.

I follow Ratfest to the Eastern door. Seeing as there's a chance the big spider we heard earlier could be in there, I have my bow and arrow at the ready so I can back Ratfest up in case of an encounter.
Kloe
(Um, Bart reminded me I technically hadn't added an action, but I dunno what to do so...)
I wait patiently for anything to happen.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Me: "Alright, after about two weeks of hiatus, let's get this back up again!
Lazyness: "But why tho?"
Me: "BECAUSE I WANT TO DAMN IT"

here's relevant music for today's turn!

-----Turn 11-----
Adira reacts first, and retrieves the Three-pronged object from her bag and begins to move towards Reistpay. Directly right of her, the sound of a splash and sizzling erupts from the ground, spooking Adira as she moves quickly towards the cube while Ratfest moves towards Reistpay with the hook on his chain.
Adira adjusts the object to clasp the cube 13 and manages to do so successfully. The cube immediately reacts, and the glow of it's runes slowly fades and the icy coating recedes slightly. With that, Reistpay begins to thaw from the ice, and the ice door to the north starts to crack.
Afterwards, every quickly turns to where they entered, as a giant, pitch-black insectoid creature begins to crawl down in front of it. Its long, slender body seems to be coming from the hole Feng'gar saw. The creature's mandible drip with blood as it begins to move around the room, towards the west door. It's long body is still blocking the way you guys came, and it's bloody mandibles chatter together, making a chilling clicking sound. it's slick legs make no noise as it crawls along the webbed floor.
Sohpie is careful not to get into it's reach, and Feng'gar releases his prepares arrow 3 which bounces off the top of the creature's carapace.
Reistpay fully thaws.
-----Party Status-----
Ratfest: Torso: Moderate Injury(Bandaged)
Right Arm: Moderate Injury
1/2 Spells Per Day
Holding a Burning Torch
Pet Rat
Bag: 3*Bandages, 20 Meter Chain(Hook Attached), Mysterious Black Gem
Adira: No Injury
Ring of +1 Defense (+1 vs injury rolls)
Bag:Potion of Healing, 2*Speed Oil, Ranger's Journal
Sophie: Head: Minor Injury
Bag:2*Rationa, Mini-Potion of Healing, Weighted Coin
Feng'gar: No Injury
Bag:2*Rations, Potion of Healing, True-Shot Potion, Beginners Guide to Herbology, 5*Ceruleo-Byro Moss Sample.
Reistpay: No Injury
4/6 Spells Per Day
Bag:Potion of Healing, Potion of Defense, 2*Potion of Mind, Book of Scriptures
pianotm
Doubleshot Whatever-It-Is

"I have a question, Ratfest. Which of us had the sense to pick up the fancy cheese-grater? Oh, yeah! I forgot! That was me!"
Kloe
"There's no time for that, we gotta killy killy!"
I run at the insectoid and slash at it's legs.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
"Congratulations! Your tendency to pick everything up has mostly cancelled out the disaster that was also caused by your tendency to pick everything up! Perhaps if you manage to stuff the entire world into your pocket all at once, it will just go on with its business uninterrupted, unaware that you've claimed ownership of it?"

I swing my meathook around in a circle, preparing to launch it.

"SOPHIE! Stay away from it! You'll become ensnared in its web! We have ranged weapons, and it doesn't! ...I think!"

Waiting until Sophie has attacked first, I use Rank Yank on the spider, attempting to pull it away from her to myself. If the spider starts moving away from Sophie faster than she can move toward it, I'll use Rank Yank immediately.