3%
Sideways
27%
Sidhe Quest
9%
Just Doing My Job
9%

Pages: first 12 next last

In this event the idea is to create a game that focuses on what would usually be an optional aspect of a game. The story of the game can be quite short, in and of itself, as the main aspect will be the quests themselves. In this event you can structure the game to follow only sidequests, or have a short story as an aside to the quests, but the main component of the game, the main focus, must be the quests.

Participants were tasked to create a game with at least ten sidequests within it, if not more, and those required ten must make use of ten of the names listed in the event, either as direct reference to the quests themselves, or as inspiration for them.

Eye Sore (*Ouchie) by kory_toombs (and various artists)

Eye Sore is a game about Sore-On - a red eye monster looking for a new home since the place he lives is filled with evil and vile monsters. Help Sore-On and his friends beat these monsters by entering into battles, solving puzzles and suffering through gags aplenty.

The Sunset Sheriff by Delsin7

Ride along with Sheriff Libby as she takes down bandits and ne'er-do-wells. Navigate social encounters to ease situations before they escalate into shootouts. Explore the far reaches of the Eladige Dodalv Territory of the Great Desert and find wondrous and mysterious things. Acquire allies in your pursuit of justice by appealing to their better nature...or by knockin down their ego a point or two. Accumulate expertise as you practice your sharpshootin on varmints and use it to acquire valuable skills.

An Unwanted Engagement by Karsuman and Craze

An Unwanted Engagement is a comedy RPG designed for the sidequest-oriented Winterruption game-making event. It mixes Craze's love of customization and battling with Karsuman's writing abilities and art. You can expect amusing dialogue, fierce bosses, and a lot of cats.

My Family, My Suffering by NoBody13

Jack, who's nickname is Jackie, is 17 years old, he was born and grew up in a criminal sicilian family. His life isn't one of the best, that's why sometimes he dreams to have a normal family where all is ordinary and boring. He lives with his father and his big brother Johnny.
One day something dreadful happens, something that maybe will create a new "better" life for Jack.

A Most Inconvenient Evening by pianotm, Arcmagik, Kylaila

A curse has been cast upon the local village. Unfortunately, it has affected poor Ky, who has nothing to do with the curse. So of course, she must find the source, but so many people need help, and just what can she do? Well, she simply must help! From person to person, she goes. Of course, it's all optional. If she so pleases, she could go straight to the source of her trouble, but it's so hard to say no to the people. The wood cutter, the apothecary, the kitten enthusiast; so many people needing so much help.

T.W.I.D.A.I.A.B.O.Y by Luiishu535, Gredge109, Kylaila

The World Is Destroyed And It's All Because of You is an Adventure game where you play as the hero who failed to save the world. As a broken man, you decide to pull yourself together in an attempt to bring some good to what's left of the world. However, no matter how hard you try, things always seem to work out against your favor.

Fancy Pants by Link_2112, suzy_cheesedreams

In the quiet archipelago of Prask life is easy going. Not much happens in these parts.

Until an earthquake rips open the town of Saint Saul and thrusts everything into chaos. Monsters are spilling out of a chasm, people are dying, and worst of all the Mayor has lost his pants!

Join Nancy, and her crotchety cat-man companion Orbo, on their quest to recover her father's pants that will take her all around the island of Wid. Sod island is lurking over the horizon and would surely be affected as well. If we ever get there.

Sideways by Superstroke, zDS

This is an attempt to make a peaceful, meditative game focusing on an ambience inspired by the Chinese/Mongolian/Tibetan countryside. In addition, as a personal challenge, the game does not contain any dialogs and everything is communicated in some other manner.

A dreamer just arrived in this peculiar world. The inhabitants of this strange world happen to need the help of an outsider. Venture if you wish to help them or find your favorite spot and stay there to take a break and enjoy the soundtrack; it's your choice.

Sidhe Quest by Trihan

Explore the land of Madeupname, fighting such monstrous creatures as Bothersome Bats and Scurrying Spiders, as you embark on an epic quest to ignore the main story for as long as humanly possible! SEE the VX Ace sample maps lovingly copied tile by tile in MV using equivalent tiles! HEAR the RTP music and sound scattered randomly where it kind of fits! TASTE the sweet, sweet tang of an event game made in a single day! SMELL...well, you get the idea.

Just Doing My Job by mjshi

After being discharged from the King's army and demoted to a Town Guard, what more is there for a Main Character to do?

Quite a lot, it turns out. In a small town surrounded by walls, sidequests from distraught villagers abound.

Please take some time to try out these games. Many of them aren't terribly long, and all are cool and quirky and worth playing in their own way. Then cast your vote!

The poll will close on March 10th, 2017
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
Which one to choose???

AAAAaahaahAHAHHAHHAHHHHH
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
You absolutely should not never under any no circumstances fail to not vote for the game that is not not Sidhe Quest.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Really torn between Sideways and End of the World. Both were great. For now I think I'll go for sideways since I didn't play end of the world myself and just watched libby stream it.
Unwanted Engagement is really Shittiest Game Ever (they couldn't make the deadline for the main game so they put up a substitute.) Also forgot Just Doing My Job: https://rpgmaker.net/games/9525/

^.^;

It didn't manage to make it on the list since time, (and I should add it to the playlist oops) but it still got a badge.
author=Liberty
Unwanted Engagement is really Shittiest Game Ever (they couldn't make the deadline for the main game so they put up a substitute.) Also forgot Just Doing My Job: https://rpgmaker.net/games/9525/

^.^;

It didn't manage to make it on the list since time, (and I should add it to the playlist oops) but it still got a badge.
I didn't see that in the list of downloads on Winterruption, and I explicitly asked if that was the full list precisely because of this poll.

And I quote:
author=Liberty
I was going to use this event to teach Starskip how to do achieves, since we kept missing each other with the last one. >.<;

But yeah, these are the only ones. Only question now is thread or page for the voting?
(emphasis mine)
Will need a few more days to decide. I am tempted to vote for an obvious choice, hahahaha, but nah, that wouldn't be right : )
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Reeeaaallly loooooong acronym for the win!
author=Liberty
Unwanted Engagement is really Shittiest Game Ever (they couldn't make the deadline for the main game so they put up a substitute.).

Woah, that's an...unusual decision. Still, unless it has a horribly broken and un skippable sled minigame, it probably can't be worse then what I'm playing right now.I really should stop picking so many shitty games just because they are short and unreviewed.
author=NTC3
author=Liberty
Unwanted Engagement is really Shittiest Game Ever (they couldn't make the deadline for the main game so they put up a substitute.).
Woah, that's an...unusual decision. Still, unless it has a horribly broken and un skippable sled minigame, it probably can't be worse then what I'm playing right now.I really should stop picking so many shitty games just because they are short and unreviewed.

It's actually a pretty decent game, bar the random crash bug and a few parts where you can't go forward. But hey, for a game made in 40 minutes (or so) it's pretty great.
:( I'm still really sad I had to miss out on this one.

I look forward to playing your games and deciding on which one I like best. :P
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Liberty
It's actually a pretty decent game, bar the random crash bug and a few parts where you can't go forward. But hey, for a game made in 40 minutes (or so) it's pretty great.

i actually think i fixed it (link is zipped up game from my locker) but i feel the crashes add to how shitty it is so i never updated it on the game profile that will eventually be for a much better game
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Luii, Luii, Luii!!!
author=Aegix_Drakan
:( I'm still really sad I had to miss out on this one.

I look forward to playing your games and deciding on which one I like best. :P
i am slowly coming to accept that I will never participate in anything ever again
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
you post really good polls kentona
T.W.I.D.A.I.A.B.O.Y vs. Sideways duel intensifies /o/

Both are awesome ideas, but gotta choose so... Sideways scores my vote x3
author=InfectionFiles
Luii, Luii, Luii!!!
Thanks for the support, bro! : D

I didn't enter the event with the goal of winning, but I must say, the extra locker space would definitely come in handy since pretty much all out. xD

Anyway, best of luck to all of you guys and gals! I developed a lot as an aspiring pixel artist during the event, so I'm more than happy with what I've accomplished so far.

I'm still practicing on pixel art everyday, so in due time, I may be able to achieve a level where I'm comfortable enough to create custom sprites for T.W.I.D.A.I.A.B.O.Y.

EDIT: I'd like to thank all of you who have voted for T.W.I.D.A.I.A.B.O.Y from the bottom of my heart! It's really heartwarming to see that some people managed to enjoy it despite its rough state.
author=Craze
you post really good polls kentona

Thank you.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
*cradles his single accidental vote*
Pages: first 12 next last