PROJECT LUFIA: SHIFTING GEARS

Pages: 1
Hello everyone, I have a request for something that has been bothering me for a while and I feel like Its something that has to be done sooner or later. First off, I would like to say that I used to have a Lufia game project that was going rather well for a time. However, a cataclysmic event happened where my flash drive corrupted and took all of my hard work with it.

Its been in the air lately, but how many of you would be interested in a Lufia 3 remake? Lately we've seen lots of Lufia fan games here and they all seem to be going well. My original project was Lufia VI:Echoes of the Legend, but since all my resources were lost, Its best to start over in another or a greater path.

The idea is to remake Lufia 3 from the ground up with edited Lufia 2 materials and even some original tiles and graphics. Over YouTube, I have found great and Godly remixes of some of the songs and as the first RPG I've ever played, I believe it deserves some justice. Seriously, just listen to the normal battle theme...

Would anyone be interested in seeing a complete remake of this Game Boy Color classic?
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Personally, I would much rather you work on a spiritual successor than a remake. I'm sure the amount of time and energy that goes into creating a faithful recreation of a classic game is massive, and I think it'd be better to channel it into something original.

With a spiritual successor, you can be as evocative of Lufia 3 as you want, but still call the project your own.
That's actually well said and VERY true. I miss the project so much, but its a lot to think about starting all over again. Well, maybe my current self can outdo what my past self was capable of. However, this time I'll bring back up. In the past, I didn't believe in back ups. I always thought technology would function right. BOY was I wrong!!
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I'm against fan games on principle since you're using IPs that don't belong to you. Spiritual successors don't have the IP problem, and you still get to show your affection for the original game. Just look at Stardew Valley.

And yes. Back up your projects. Back them up every chance you get. At LEAST once a week.
I can see where you're coming from. As long as you don't claim the content as your own its fine. At least for SOME companies. Nintendo and Square will shut your game down if it is something they wouldn't fiddle with. For example, the 3D Crono Trigger Remake and Super Mario 64 HD.

I've always wanted to create my own series or a spiritual successor, but sometimes people start off with fan games to develop their skills all while showing their love for a franchise. I've never played Harvest Moon, but I will go ahead and try it so Stardew Valley will be more powerful for me.

Yeah, both my projects have either been corrupted or lost in the past, and now I back up like no tomorrow. Its the only way to feel safe after doing lots of work. You ever felt like you had a heavy burden on your back about your progress, then when you back up, you feel much lighter? That's how important it is to back up now.

But, I agree. Perhaps s successor of some sort will do. I'll think about it
Pages: 1