[RMVX ACE] PRESSURE SWITCHES ACTIVATED BY PUSHABLE OBJECT.

Pages: 1
I had this idea for a puzzle: You push an event (such as a rock) and it keeps moving indefinitely in the direction you pushed it until it hits a wall or object. At that point you can push it again in a different direction. Repeat until you push the object into the "goal", which unlocks a door or something so the player can proceed to the next area.

I figured out the movable object part easily enough but I haven't figured out how to implement a win state for the puzzle. I assume a conditional branch is necessary but I don't know how to input an event's position into a condition. There's also "get location info" but I'm completely confused as to how to use it or what it's even for.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
You can do this with events, or you can do it via Ruby script. One is long but easy, the other is short but hard.

"get location info" allows you to retrieve the terrain tag, event ID, tile ID or region ID of a given coordinate, and isn't quite what you're looking for in this instance.

If you look at "Control Variables" you'll see an option for Operand called "Game Data". Then if you choose "Character" you'll see "Map X" and "Map Y" as options, and you can pick which event on the map to get the X/Y of. After assigning variables with these values, you can then use the variables in a conditional branch.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
That's what I like to hear. :)
kory_toombs
It’s your actions.. not your strength, that would lead you to victory.

This tutorial video will show you the basics of eventing that.

https://rpgmaker.net/tutorials/1035/
Pages: 1