[POLL] DO YOU PREFER IRC, SLACK OR DISCORD?

Poll

Do you prefer IRC, Slack or Discord? - Results

IRC
16%
Slack
26%
Discord
57%

Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
author=Sooz
author=kentona
Does anyone over the age of like thirty still care about anyone under the age of thirty?
Given the flood of "millennials are ruining the world" articles, I would say probably.

Fun fact: most people in their thirties are actually millenials.
author=rcholbert
author=Sooz
author=kentona
Does anyone over the age of like thirty still care about anyone under the age of thirty?
Given the flood of "millennials are ruining the world" articles, I would say probably.
Fun fact: most people in their thirties are actually millenials.
I am proudly part of the Oregon Trail Generation thankyouverymuch

*dies of dysentery*
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
With all due respect, most millennials I meet have never heard of Gameboy or the Beatles. Most 30 plus year-olds I meet have. We're Gen X.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
yeah I'm 29 but I don't identify with millennials - my brothers are in their 40s, and my parents are in their 60s
Weezer is classic rock now
ESBY
extreme disappointment
the youngest gen xers were born in '81, you're a madjdhdulasinal
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=kentona
Weezer is classic rock now

ugh that band lol
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Millennials don't use the word "millennials". Gen X people do. Also, I learned that there is a Generation Z, the least likely generation to believe in an "American Dream". So there's a tidbit for your nogginmeisters.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Generations are difficult to define until afterward, and there's a lot of overlap on the margins, especially given how many different measurements there are. It's a kind of useless term overall.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials#Date_and_age_range_definitions

There is no consensus definition here, but as it stands today many of us will be classified as fringe millenials whether we like it or not. Even if these labels are largely irrelevant to Sooz's point.

Regardless, the hate shown towards "millenials" is mostly unjustified (except for eating Tide Pods, knock that off). You can find historical evidence for pretty much every elder generation belittling the younger folks for being lazy and/or eccentric. It's what we do we when get older and grumpier.

pianotm
I wish I were a millennial. I'd be better with computers. Even with Esby's absurd age restriction on generation age points, I'm a Gen Xer (I was in high school in the 90s, and we were very specifically referred to by our teachers as Gen X, and it was not a denigration. This was actually discussed with us in class about the way modern culture classifies age and Generation Y didn't even get discussed by the point, so I have to flatly disagree that the last Gen Xers were born before 81). You say the hate towards millennials is unjustified. I'd go a step further and say that it's scapegoating. In previous generations, people have always derided the youth for not liking the styles the elder generation used to like. "You don't know what good music is." "You call that shit a movie?" "When I was your age, WE worked."

There's something markedly different, not just in feel, but in the language actually used against millennials. This isn't just deriding kids for liking new fashions, having different tastes, and different ethics. Particularly in the media, there is a very pronounced portion of the American public blaming millennials for the failures and incompetence of the older generations, partly among Gen Xers but markedly among Baby Boomers. And you could actually argue that the only reason Gen Xers are taking this stance is because of the constant bombardment of derision coming from the media, fueled by Baby Boomers.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
author=pianotm
Even with Esby's absurd age restriction on generation age points, I'm a Gen Xer
dude 1965 - 1981 is the most common age bracket for gen x. other defintions use 1976 as the cutoff some go as far as 1983, but generally speaking 65 - 81 is the consensus. i'm sorry you might be a milalksalnjlal.

also i do truly appreciate the irony of being called absurd by someone that said that kids born in the 80s & 90s don't know what a game boy is. amazing.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
ESBY, brah, I think you're taking more offense to that comment than is strictly necessary.
pianotm
Sooz
ESBY, brah, I think you're taking more offense to that comment than is strictly necessary.

So, I looked it up. He's right. Fine. Didn't you know that being right about something entitles you to treat people like shit?
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I remember Game Boy. He wasn't really that interesting of a character, though, which is saying a lot considering the rest of the cast of that show.
but does anybody remember the Virtual Boy?
author=Red_Nova
I remember Game Boy. He wasn't really that interesting of a character, though, which is saying a lot considering the rest of the cast of that show.

I AM COMPUTER characters are all awful, Simon was still the best on the show
Sooz
author=GreatRedSpirit
I AM COMPUTER characters are all awful

Counterpoint: