WHERE OR HOW TO LEARN GAME DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT?

Pages: 1
Or at the very least how do you manage your game development when scope of the team or the game itself or both is too big to trust scribbled notes and memory to make sure everyone understand everything as it was meant to be and everything is made or developed as it was meant to be.

Such as CSE (anything IT related I imagine) has Software Engineering, UML and what not to make large scale projects more manageable.
For small projects between a few people (or just you), Trello is my personal go-to. On a basic level, make some lists like "To-do, Doing, Done, Hold" and put all of your ideas down on "cards" and move them between the lists. From there, it's up to you since you can do quite a lot with trello. Each card is basically its own comments/notes section. Overall, it's a very clean & minimal interface that has stayed consistent for several years. A lot of web teams/startups use it.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
In the past, I've used JIRA for QA management. It's really handy for remote, diverse teams of testers and those who fix bugs.
At work, we write documents. Requirement specifications that just list what should be offered. Design specifications that define exactly how it should be implemented, listing hundreds of numbered and testable requirements. These need to read and signed by all responsible people. Then the development starts. The sourcecode will be checked into a repository (SVN) daily. At the same time the test department can also start to write a test plan based on the requirements in the design specification. When development is finished, the testers work through the created test plan and verify that all requirements are met. If not, the resulting report is sent back to the developers, who fix the bugs and then the test is repeated until all is clear. The test plan gets signed again. Then the final phase is that the ones that originally decided what has to be offered in the requirement specification take a look at the product and "check off" all the listed requirements.
For continued support (fixing bugs, adding features), we use a bug tracking software where we collect all the bugs and feature requests. SVN also really helps to track changes.

In private, all my larger game projects are open source projects and we use Github for both source code managing as well as issue tracking.

For me it was never so much about "learning" it. Sure, you have probably 20 "steps" you need to take care of and remember at all times, but once you got those down, you are good. At work, we also have all the relevant work steps documented in separate document too.
Pages: 1