HI, WHAT RPG MAKER GAMES ARE YOUR FAVORITES?

Pages: first 12 next last
I played a little quantity of games in english. And a lot are only demos.
Kindred Saga, Chimera Report, Demons Legacy, Drunken Paladin, Final Fantasy Endless Nova.

What Games yours recomend to me?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Final Fantasy Endless Nova
Final Fantasy Blackmoon Prophecy
Notes on the Etgoesian Crisis
Epic Elf and Epic Elf 2
Star Stealing Prince
Remnants of Isolation
Weird and Unfortunate Things are Happening
Dreaming Mary
Chase for Divinity
Free Spirits
Shadowgate Reborn
Gotham Knight
Cognitive Dissonance (Earthbound)
C. O. A. T. S.
Starbot
Myriad Cypher
Celdran's Curse (LIBERTY!!! YOU MUST FINISH! I BEG YOU!)
Othello (by Kory_Toombs, since that game actually has a pretty common name.)
Stories of Sheidh: Avelions: The Ancestors

This is in no way my comprehensive list, but it's an excellent start.

Edit: Oh! Star Seer Dell!
Kindred Saga and the others are true abandoned?
What of this game i cited are completed?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I don't know. Of the games you've listed, I only know FF: Endless Nova, and that one's completed.
Some personal favorites:
Homework Salesman - a chill RPG all about crafting and exploring, in the vein of the Atelier Saga
OFF - experimental game much inspired by Earthbound
Space Funeral - even more experimental!
Undeniably Sexy: a thief's tale - humor may be a bit juvenile, but it's full of interesting gameplay options (pickpocketing, crafting etc) much inspired by Ultima Online

All the japanese rpgmaker games vgperson translated are also worth a look!
OFF,
Qui Domi (demo),
Weird and unfortunate things are happening (demo),
Artifact adventure,
Soma Spirits,
One shot,
Yume 2kki,
Lisa the painful RPG,
.flow,
Suits: A business RPG,
Three Ghostly Roses,
Space funeral,
Dreaming Mary
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I've my recomendations play-list? Which probably could use some updating.

As for your list, Tales of the Drunken Paladin appears done. As does Demon's Legacy. As for Final Fantasy: Endless Nova, piano more or less covered that.

*Edit: I don't know about the others on your list.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Piano has a solid list. My recommendation is to play games from certain creators such as unity, Craze, Kentona, Calunio...
Then there is this list.

Some of my favorites are:
Space Funeral
Paradise Blue
Hellion
Weird and Unfortunate Things Are Happening
Free Spirits
Soma Spirits
Three Ghastly Roses
Last Word
Myriad Cypher (without fights)
Virtual Grappi
Account Mu
Oneshot

Lies
Crystal of Dreams
Prom Dreams
Hero's Realm
Final Fantasy Blackmoon
Helen's Mysterious Castle, followed by Epic Elf, are my favourite "played straight" RPG Maker games.

Beautiful Escape: Dungeoneer, Suzy and Freedom and most stuff by Calunio is also very worthwhile.

Craze's library of games is huge and somewhat varying in quality (and greatly improving through the times!) and they're probably the gameplay I've enjoyed the most in indie RPGs. (or maybe not. Helen's Mysterious Castle is a tough condender, don't know which one to pick)

Ocean's games are fantastic as well, with settings that draw you in and a flavour all so unique to themselves. I never feel like I'm treading a "generic RPG Cave", the worlds in Ocean's games are so flavorful and immersive even if sometimes mostly due to visual narrative -- I recommend starting with the short ones such as perhaps Rubi, then working your way to the bigger ones as Paradise Blue.

unity's games are also quite flavorful, although in a different way I can't quite descibe, but you know its hers. The only one of hers I've beaten (yet) is Quest Questers but it is such an enjoyable and inspiring trip! I had a blast with Luxaren Allure as well though I haven't finished because I had to stop playing quite a few hours in and now i'd like to start from the beginning >_>;

Standstill Girl is another RPG I fell in love with, somewhat on the vein of Helen's Mysterious Castle (single character RPG with a central gameplay gimmick and a protagonist that goes through linear stages kinda), it is visually pretty great as well as its addictive gameplay and cute plot.

That's pretty much it. I haven't enjoyed many RPG Maker horror games at all so I can't recommend that (despite, or perhaps due to, being a huge horror fan) :P
Still, as flawed as is, The Longing Ribbon is still a pretty great game. sometimes I feel like opening it on the editor and reworking the gameplay lol
Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle (OHHHHHHHHHH YISSSS)
Yea RPG
Hero Maker

Three Ghostly Roses
Pom Gets Wifi
Ink Travellers
Erayu
Jurassic Heart
Space Funeral

There are many neat ones out there.
I could link em but eh .. uh .. if you need something, ask. (Embric isn't on this site, sadly)
I agree more with the 2014 list: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/14780/

There are a lot of underrated games on Google if you search patiently into page 100. :D
author=2014 list
Dooms 4

Why

Was it the penguins?
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=Gainsborough
I agree more with the 2014 list: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/14780/

There are a lot of underrated games on Google if you search patiently into page 100. :D

I should facilitate a new version of that again sometime. I feel like things might've changed.
@ Tuomo_L - No, I mainly liked it because it not only had multiple different endings and pathways that you could take, which increased the replay value for it, but it also had a ton of different gameplay variety and some of the deaths in it were pretty freaky and quite surreal to see for the time. Plus Mia was f**king boss.

I’m still a bit sore that you decided not to continue the Dooms series, but maybe one day you might consider bringing it back, or at least updating it with a new fresh coat of paint.

And, yeah, you should consider making another list sometime soon, CashmereCat. I think my own list might have a changed a bit since 2014.
author=Addit
I’m still a bit sore that you decided not to continue the Dooms series, but maybe one day you might consider bringing it back, or at least updating it with a new fresh coat of paint.

It was actually supposed to be a secret but I may as well tell it; I have actually plans of doing something that. The remake would combine Dooms 2-3 with the "select your story" style play in most likely Unity point and click gameplay that I think would better suit the psychological horror and the narrative. It'll also make the timeline a bit more clear which always was issue since the games were practically spread between two games and the events happened between 40+ years. I also will most likely add more stuff that I originally left out, such as this story about a cannibal guy and how he had murdered and consumed his wives. It also had a really roundabout revenge by one of the wives sisters but that's all I'll say. That scene was in the original demo of Dooms 2 but wasn't in the full game.

I did try and continue the story, I remember making a short demo of Dooms 5 but it wasn't that well received and I kinda pulled the plug on that project because people at GamingW hated it so much. I honestly lacked the tools and the budget to pull off what I really wanted with that one at the time and it really worsened the project. I don't think even the hardcore Dooms fans liked that game, I know I never was really happy about it and it was in development hell from day one. My biggest problem was that it was really hard to outdo Dooms 4. Then I just got into other projects that got their own new following and forgot about Dooms 5.

We'll see how it'll be received and if I continue the story or where I leave the ending point, if it will include something from 4th. No deadlines or anything though, I have other projects before that.
Angels of Exodus
The Way
Kinetic Cipher
Space Funeral
Three The Hard Way
A Blurred Line
A Butterfly’s Song
Dhux's Scar
Cyber Factor
Legion Saga 3

edit: Funny that space funeral is really the only post 2010 game on my list. Though I think Dhux Scar was translated around that time.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
This is a rough list for me atm. Changed a bit since last time.

1. Soul Sunder
2. Suzy and freedom
3. Remnants of Isolation
4. Wither
5. Corinne Cross's Dead & Breakfast
6. Three Ghostly Roses
7. Perspective: Extended Edition
8. Shine
9. Last Minute Gift
10. Age of Deliverance
@ Tuomo_L - Oh yeah, I remember a bit of Dooms 5 and played the original demo back then and actually thought it wasn’t all that bad from what I remember. I mean, the game was still very early in development from the build I played back then - but I thought it had some promise to it.

And, yeah, good idea about possibly just combining the first three games of the original series and just remaking it into one sweet little package, because the first three games, at least to me, were not very particularly that great or have aged very well, IMO. It was the 4th entry in the series that just really smashed the door open and made this series into what it is and what could have been if it had continued.

Well, whenever you do decide to bring the series back and plan on diving into it again after you finish up your current projects, I hope you plan on making announcements and showcasing your work for it on RMN as well, ‘cause that would be great.
Most of my favorites are classics which have already been mentioned, but Last Scenario and Exit Fate, neither of which is hosted on this site, are also among the best in my opinion. For a more recent work deserving of attention, Umbral Soul impressed me more than anything I've seen in a long time, and immediately earned a spot in my top rankings.
Pages: first 12 next last