[RMVX ACE] LOOKING FOR FONT SUGGESTIONS

Pages: 1
Howdy-do fellow bipedal primates. As much as I like the font I'm currently using for my game, Mozart NBP, it can be hard to read at times, for some people. At least, when being used in RPG maker.

I've messed around with a lot of fonts, but I can't seem to find one that works well with RPGmaker. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
I use Tahoma, size 21. Although it's not 100% perfect, it has the same issue as your screenshot with the letters being slightly cut off.

But I don't mind, because it's a minor issue imo. Actually, the font in your screenshot looks fine to me also, plus it seems to suit the style of the game.
Times New Roman is the best font ever easily readable and could be fitting to the aesthetic of your game, judging by the screenshot.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
TNR is fine for stuff like titlecase, but it's got serifs, which make it harder to read in smaller format (and in low-res format like RPGMaker games!). Sans serif is deffo the better choice.

Also be aware that most of the default "packaged in the computer" fonts are licensed, so if you're going commercial it might be a good idea to track down something that doesn't open you up to risk of a copyright lawsuit. :/ There's lots of creative commons or low-cost fonts out there.
author=zeello
I use Tahoma, size 21. Although it's not 100% perfect, it has the same issue as your screenshot with the letters being slightly cut off.
But I don't mind, because it's a minor issue imo. Actually, the font in your screenshot looks fine to me also, plus it seems to suit the style of the game.

I like it, but yeah, still the same problem. It is a minor issue, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so it still bugs me.

author=EDPVincent
Times New Roman is the best font ever easily readable and could be fitting to the aesthetic of your game, judging by the screenshot.

Not a fan, but thanks for the suggestion never the less.

author=Sooz
Also be aware that most of the default "packaged in the computer" fonts are licensed, so if you're going commercial it might be a good idea to track down something that doesn't open you up to risk of a copyright lawsuit. :/ There's lots of creative commons or low-cost fonts out there.

Yep. I'm not planning on going commercial, but I still try to keep track of that.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You might check out the Game Font Database if you're looking for fonts that were directly ripped from old games. When I don't care about copyright, I use the Chrono Trigger font, which looks really good at size 18.

Cava's Pixel Resources also has a bunch of video game fonts ripped into many different formats, including a different version of the Chrono Trigger font made by some other asshole who isn't me (spits on floor).

If you are planning to sell your game, or are otherwise concerned with copyright laws, here's a reddit post listing 18 different sites with free fonts for use in games.
author=LockeZ
You might check out the Game Font Database if you're looking for fonts that were directly ripped from old games. When I don't care about copyright, I use the Chrono Trigger font, which looks really good at size 18.

Cava's Pixel Resources also has a bunch of video game fonts ripped into many different formats, including a different version of the Chrono Trigger font made by some other asshole who isn't me (spits on floor).

If you are planning to sell your game, or are otherwise concerned with copyright laws, here's a reddit post listing 18 different sites with free fonts for use in games.

Ay, thanks mr. sir. I'll give the fonts a look through and see if I can find something.
Pages: 1