[POLL] GIRL GUIDE COOKIES, WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE: CHOCOLATE, VANILLA OR MINT?

Poll

Well? - Results

Chocolate
36%
Vanilla
21%
Mint
26%
Other
15%

Pages: first 12 next last

You know you want it.

So I was at my local Save-On-Foods earlier today and saw out of the corner of my eye one of greatest traditions around this time known to man: Girl Guide Cookies...where you get to give some small pocket change to some smiling, young pretty faces in the crowd in exchange for some delicious, delicious treats. Mmm…

But then it got me thinking – what’s your favorite favor of cookie? Is it vanilla and nothing but vanilla? Are you a chocoholic or a minty person? Do you even buy Girl Guide cookies at all, or when was the last time you bought some for yourself or for someone else?

As for me, I personally like the vanilla ones the best. The chocolate ones are still pretty tasty, but vanilla is the king of kings for me here. And as for mint? Meh.

Actually, it’s funny, ‘cause when my brother and I were really young and our parents would buy us both a couple of boxes the odd time, my brother would eat nothing but the vanilla ones and then just give me all of his chocolate ones whenever he was finished with the vanillas. The catch was that if I did get the rest of one of his boxes, he would then try to steal my vanilla cookies from one of my boxes when I wasn’t looking. (B*stard!)

- But, yeah, what's your favorite?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I always remembered biting into the chocolate and being horribly disappointed when the mint absolutely overpowered the chocolate. I like straight chocolate, thank you.
I've never had these cookies. They are foreign to me. From the image they don't look that great. The only cookie like that (two bits and some squishy in the middle) that I ever really liked was Domino cookies.
I really can't stand vanilla and mint at all.
Never seen or had them either, haha. Other side of the pond, eh.
They also don't look tasty at all to me (I also find oreo cookies very meh, just sweet and nothing else haha)
And then I prefer savory foods or snacks so ..

Uh. *shrug* chocolate is usually the answer?
Tho the vanilla do look better!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I mean, if I absolutely have to choose, mint. Though, maybe I'm thinking Thin Mints?

Then again, for Oreo-likes (which this appears to be), I usually prefer vanilla. That's probably the answer to this question/poll for me.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Round my parts, we only get Girl Scout Cookies, of which trefoils reign supreme for me. Everyone else seems to prefer the thin mints, though.
What's a Girl Scout?

(I kid, I know, we just don't have them here. Or Boy Scouts.)
I'm pretty sure the scout organization is fairly worldwide. Of course Australia might be the odd one out (being made up of criminals, maybe scouts don't want criminals :)

edit:
according to this map:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:World_Organization_of_the_Scout_Movement_map.svg
Scouts are pretty much everywhere except Cuba and Laos.
If they're here they're doing a stellar job earning their ninja badges or whatever is the equivalent. XD

That, or they stick to city areas.
Get the smore cookies! Soooo good.
author=Liberty
What's a Girl Scout?

I've heard that most non-US countries have combined their girl scouts and boy scouts into one organization. Here in the US, we still keep them separate.
Girl scout cookies kinda suck and they are not cheap
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Girl guide cookies are canadian and girl scout cookies are american. I solved the mystery for you. They both sell the same mint cookies, but the other flavors are different.

In both countries they basically just sell thin mints and every other flavor is a joke. Thin mint cookies are universally accepted as being vastly superior to every other variety of cookie ever conceived. This poll is absurd.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I feel sorry for those of y'all who don't have Samoas, Swiss Chalets, or Trefoils, because those cookies are THE BOMB.

Like people think Thin Mints are great, but they're really not that great next to the other Girl Scout cookies.
LockeZ speaks the truth.

Girl Scouts don't even go door-to-door anymore. All of their cookies are sold by word of mouth now.
"Your daughter's in girl scouts, right?"
"Yeah."
"When she get cookies, I'll take five boxes."
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
All they gotta do is sit in high-traffic areas with boxes clearly visible and folks line up for their fix.
Even that much isn't necessary. My little anecdote is an actual dialogue that took place at work. It's when I found out there's a limit-per-customer.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=LockeZ
Girl guide cookies are canadian and girl scout cookies are american. I solved the mystery for you. They both sell the same mint cookies, but the other flavors are different.

In both countries they basically just sell thin mints and every other flavor is a joke. Thin mint cookies are universally accepted as being vastly superior to every other variety of cookie ever conceived. This poll is absurd.

Which is, of course, why chocolate and vanilla are winning. I will say again that I hate thin mints.
author=LockeZ
This poll is absurd.

- Absurdly-delicious, that is! :D

(I’m not sorry.)

author=dorien1010
Girl scout cookies kinda suck and they are not cheap

While they don’t necessarily suck, I agree they are pretty expensive. We used to pay around $2 or $3 a box back then, but the one I bought from yesterday was for $5, and that’s starting to get a little too pricy for my tastes... Another buck or more increase in the future and I may have to say “no thanks" to them the next time around and just get some plain ol' vanilla oreos and snack of them instead.

And, yeah, I kind of miss when they used to go door-to-door to my house and sell ‘em that way. The last time they did that was quite a long time ago, and that makes me quite sad… Maybe all the gangs and recent shootings in the area scared them all away?

author=Dyhalto
"Your daughter's in girl scouts, right?"
"Yeah."
"When she get cookies, I'll take five boxes."

Well - I can certainly see what types of cookies YOU like to buy there, lol.
Pages: first 12 next last