OLD/LOST RPGMAKER GAMES - SEGNIN'S RARE/OBSCURE RM GAMES REQUEST TOPIC

I feel disappointed, I thought for sure Lost Legend was the game I played years ago, but I do remember playing this game however.

So in a way I did find something from the past.
author=TheGameArchivist
Final Fantasy VI - Age of Rebirth - Demo
Woa! It never ceases to amaze me how you can find all these games! XD
Thank You again TheGameArchivist!
You are the real MVP!
Usually 2k3 has Battle2, BattleCharSet, BattleWeapon and System2 folders where 2k doesn't. That's the easiest way to tell. >.<)b
author=TheGameArchivist
Also, as I said, once I got things sorted.. I would upload things. This will probably be my last big upload push. Hopefully this will give some people some drive to dig things out of their repository as well. Anyway...

As always, thank you TGA. I've been kind of slacking on this, since I've had a really bad cold this month - starting today, I'll start rehauling this thread with these new additions.

Here are all the things that I have in the Most Wanted section. That is the only section I checked if I had things on. So, I can't tell you if I have anything else.

No worries! I'll admit, fulfilling these request isn't an easy job.

Like, it's easy to upload one or two game requests. But once that request becomes 20 games, and they're on a list, and then you have to keep track of that list - It's not an easy job. - that's why the "Missing/Broken Links List" is a bit of a mess right now...

Like, it took awhile to put these lists together, so naturally it'll take awhile to get through, if we do get through them at all.

Having said that, I never expected for every game request on these list to be fulfilled - in fact I expected most of these game requests to go unfulfilled… But I listed them anyways in hopes that someone would be able to fulfill them.

So, I'm eternally grateful for whatever work that you do manage to finish TGA

…Like a few weeks ago, when Kaliesto wanted to see if "The Lost Legend IV The Guardian of Light" was still available, it sent me on a search for it, I ended up emailing the creator "Wonderslime", turns out he's actually already on RMN!

(He's actually a really cool dude! probably one of the friendliest rpgmakers I met, Be sure to check out his most recent game "Dragon Warrior: Begin a New Quest)

...He just couldn't get his old game to work - so I thanked him profusely for holding onto his old game, downloaded it, edited the FullPackageFlag=1, and uploaded it for Kaliesto - turns out it wasn't the game Kaliesto was looking for, but at least I was able to fulfill that request.

Like, I'm hoping through slow and prodding work, we'll be able to fulfill these requests and maintain a small archive.

I'll admit, It's not an easy job. So, I'm eternally grateful for all the contributions you do continue to make, TGA.
I found this thread through Google, and joined basically just to ask if anyone stil has a link to "Yellow, Protector of the Sun"? That was the first RPG Maker game I ever tried, it's stayed with me throughout the years and I'd love to revisit it just for the memories.

I'd also like to take the chance to thank TheGameArchivist, LordBlueRouge and everyone else who has helped in finding and archiving these games, and let you know how great it felt for me to reencounter so many old games I'd thought lost to the black hole of Internet ancient history.

There are probably many others like me who found this topic and got a lot out of it, so I thought you deserved the kudos. Best of luck in your efforts!
author=TheGameArchivist
Thank you Liberty. =) That knowledge helped a lot.

Also, as I said, once I got things sorted.. I would upload things. This will probably be my last big upload push. Hopefully this will give some people some drive to dig things out of their repository as well. Anyway...

Here are all the things that I have in the Most Wanted section. That is the only section I checked if I had things on. So, I can't tell you if I have anything else.

Most Wanted Section Uploads
Curse of Silence 5mb demo
Dawn of Time
Diary of a Madman - Demo
Diary of a Madman - Demo + Additions
Don's Adventure Rm2k - (might be don's miguels, might be another game though)
Dooms 1 - Remake (NSFW)
Dooms 2 - Original v1.12 (NSFW)
Dooms 2 - Director's Cut (NSFW)
Dooms 3 - Original (NSFW)
Dooms 3 - Deluxe Edition (NSFW)
Dooms 4: End Game (NSFW)
Dragon Saga IV: Running Water (check rpgmaker.fr)
Enex2: The Hero's Shadow v1.5
Final Fallacy (RM2k version)
Final Fallacy (RM2k version) - Special Edition
Fire God Saga
Harvest Moon RM2k
Secret of Mana Style Battle System
Stinky's Misadventure Tales of the Stolen Bed
Super RTP Adventure
Tales of Suneria
The Case of the Man Who was Decapitated
The Most Stupidest Game Ever (non re-duh version)

I hope it doesn't need to be said, but please don't play DOOMS unless you know what you are getting into. I don't even touch them cause of the gore factor. I just don't want someone randomly downloading them and running them and not know what it is.

oh thank you for finding those games!
Hi guys, sort of tied up with, life stuff at moment. So, updates for this might be slow, but I'll return to this once I'm available again.

EDIT: I've updated the list with TGA's new downloads (again, thank you! ❤).

author=TheGameArchivist
Thanks. =) I appreciate you too, LordBlueRouge. I think through time that it will be able to happen. I think one of the bigger issues is having a stable enough place to maintain it. Maybe it could get thrown up on archive.org, because it seems like we wouldn't have to worry about links getting deleted from there? I don't know if they want that stuff uploaded there though.

Yeah, tcaud tried this a few years ago with Chrono Trigger Zeanon Defense in the original archive thread, and i think it got a cease and desist/copyright infringement over a couple of MP3 files the game had - so part of the challenge of archiving these old rpgmaker games is going to be, not only sidestepping that legal gray area, but trying to find a proper, stable host, long after our involvement - cause like, people are going to want to play these games regardless of whether they're legal or not right? So we wanna try and find a way to hold onto them for as long as possible, while requiring the least amount of effort to maintain.

I understand slacking though. =/ I stopped archiving RPG Maker stuff for about 2 years, and I have only recently started getting back into it some. It's draining on some level though, because as with anything in the indie community, it feels like it goes on forever. Like, once you get done with one site, then there are things that only get uploaded to game-specific sites, or only in forums.

I agree. This is going to be extremely tricky too. Like, it's hard to tell what games need to be archived, since there are so many rpgmaker games out there - (I know this frowned upon, but) I generally go by, whether or not someone has requested it, and then start searching for it, because once it's been requested, then we know there's at least some value to this game and it's worth holding onto. (but, of course, the problem with this method is, if someone is looking for a game, and no one has backed up then it's most likely gone forever…)

I'll have to think more on this before finding a definite solution - It's definitely on my mind though. =(

But yeah, the one thing I do hope is that more people will eventually get on it too. If not even doing archiving, if someone has a bunch of old RPG Maker games, at least upload a list of them. I'll even walk you through the easiest way to do it if you don't know anything about using a command prompt. =) That way, it might be able to drag out some more obscure things.

Please do! I was looking forward to this when you first mentioned this. Either PM me or gmail, or even just write in this thread, which ever is more comfortable for you to explain this process.

edit: I found something interesting a bit ago. I found DOOMS 5 - Demo. There is an issue with it though. It isn't working. I'm guessing there are resources missing in it that is causing it to crash, but I'll never look at the game to fix it just based on it's content. If there is anyone that would like to look at it to try to fix it that has a stronger stomach for such things... Tell me and I'll upload it.

Upload it! I'll handle this.❤

But yeah, just to reiterate guys: using web.archive.org to backup rpgmaker games might be tricky. If you've been following "Gaming News", lately, for the past year or so, you may have heard that, Nintendo, took down issues of Nintendo Power that a user previously uploaded to web.archive.org. This practice is also extending a lot of G4TechTV.com content videos that have been circulating around the web as well, that are also, now, being taken down.

What I'm trying to say is, as great as web.archive.org is at archiving content, it is unfortunately, not exempt from using copyrighted material.

So, going forward, this is probably going to be one of the major challenges with managing this archive, due to the nature of the content that some of these games entail. But rest assured, I am thinking about it and researching solutions - in fact the Legion Saga Games, Grave Spirit and Barkley Shutup and Jam Gaiden, are already up on web.archive.org, so I'll definitely look into it.

EDIT: Worse Case scenario, we can probably just throw together a private torrent for old rpgmaker games.
author=LordBlueRouge
EDIT: Worse Case scenario, we can probably just throw together a private torrent for old rpgmaker games.

I feel like this is our best bet in being less relying on 1 or 2 people. I'd gladly seed all day everyday.
Anybody have any version of Notes on the Second Mellynd War?
author=Eliminator

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/681631/NotSMW%20-%20Chapters%201%20&%202%20v.2.0.rar
author=Liberty
author=Eliminator
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gqqu86rl8i2ccyv/NotSMW__Chapters_1__2_v20.rar

Thanks Liberty! ❤
Adding this to mainlist

EDIT: Wanted to respond to this while I had the chance:

author=HighPrecisionGhost
I found this thread through Google, and joined basically just to ask if anyone stil has a link to "Yellow, Protector of the Sun"? That was the first RPG Maker game I ever tried, it's stayed with me throughout the years and I'd love to revisit it just for the memories.

I'd also like to take the chance to thank TheGameArchivist, LordBlueRouge and everyone else who has helped in finding and archiving these games, and let you know how great it felt for me to reencounter so many old games I'd thought lost to the black hole of Internet ancient history.

There are probably many others like me who found this topic and got a lot out of it, so I thought you deserved the kudos. Best of luck in your efforts!

It may not seem like much, but to us it means the world, so thank you for your kind words, HighPrecisionGhost.

"Yellow, Protector of the Sun" was one of the few games that was unfortunately lost after megaupload FBI take down of 2012 - but I'm pretty sure someone here has, so we'll keep you posted.

author=Darken
author=LordBlueRouge
I feel like this is our best bet in being less relying on 1 or 2 people. I'd gladly seed all day everyday.

Agreed, this will be the next big thing to get out of the way, even before webhosting, as it'll be the easiest to manage, once it's up. Once I'm available again, I'm on it.❤
author=Liberty
author=Eliminator
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/681631/NotSMW%20-%20Chapters%201%20&%202%20v.2.0.rar

Thank you!
Well, first off I wanna say its so sad to see so many good games go to waste like this, which is why I tried to contribute with SegNin's previous topic 7 years ago. Needless to say, I'm not a very active member, but I want to contribute to the RMN community with some of these old games in the list, as I did back then.
Okay, so here I have some links related to communities that may help:

Some currently active Brazilian Communities:
Condado Braveheart
Centro RPG
Aldeia RPG

Old/Gone Brazilian Communities:

Mundo RPGMaker
Dungeon Makers
Maker Universe
RPG Menace

These are old communities that may hold some old games in the list which I will be trying to find and upload later on.
Next there is this awesome contribution by Vash at Condado Braveheart:

Baldy's Big Day
Bluegaia: The Demon and The Spyglass
Bob's Big Adventure
Dragon Destiny
Eternal Star
Extrenia: The Messiah
Lord of the Rings RM2k
Mugen Legends: Hokutomaru
Naufragar Chapter 2
Rotten Apple Ninja Strike (RANS 2)
Tarion Star: Call of the Blade

And some more.

I believe that we should also store these games alongside some in-game screens since often times people do remember the game, but not always they remember their name.

If I may ask, I would like to know if some brazilian games could also enter the old/obscure games list. I think that RMN has been a common reference in many RPG communities world wide and that some gems should definitly be preserved. I also agree and support the idea of uploading these games in some private torrent / cloud storage, since most of them would fall under some copyright infringement.