OLD/LOST RPGMAKER GAMES - SEGNIN'S RARE/OBSCURE RM GAMES REQUEST TOPIC

Hey guys, I found the original Romancing Walker version made by FLARE.
Or rather, eplipswitch did it in his post in 2014. Quite the amazing find.
The original game name is "WITH-WALKER" apparently.

Also, rmxpfan a.k.a. rm2kfanboy made a post explaining the changes he made on the original game to make the translated one. Very impressive.

And of course, I got it to work so I that I could show it to you guys.

Title Screen:

World Map:

Battle:

Latyss House:

Lai Lai Town:

Kah Mana Shrine:

The name of the game I'm looking for, I believe, is Taut. Was a German RPG Maker 2k/2k3 game(can't remember which) translated into English. Premise was you were waiting for your mother, strange stuff begins to happen, you freak out, you find a way out of the house. Searched high and low for it recently(used to have it myself but have changed computers so often, I can't remember which one it was on and if that drive is still operational or not). All the links I've managed to find are of 1.1. Latest version was 1.2. Would appreciate it if someone has it and uploaded it or knows of a place to get it from.
Hi guys ♥

@Arias
Thank You again Arias! ♥

@anyon175
Excellent find anyon175!!
I always get excited whenever I hear about someone finding original japanese rpgmaker games! I haven't had a chance to properly comment, but I also really like the let's plays you've been doing. Please keep up the good work friend ♥!! XD

@Sammael
Hi Sammael, ♥

Taut is a German rpgmaker2000 game, but also available in French and English, and is currently available on indiedb.

The latest version of Taut was released and updated on 2012 to 1.2.
According to the readme file found in 1.2. these were the changes that were added: (courtesy of google translate)
What's new?

- hopefully bugfree ;)
- better sound quality
- fast font
- revised text
- Revised gameplay in terms of mental resilience
- a new ending

When does the full version come with the good graphics?

- very likely this year

...I'll take a quick look to see if 1.2 is also available in English, but it sounds like it's only available in German. :(

EDIT: yeah, Taut 1.2 it's only available in German. :(
You'll also need Don Miguel's RTP in order to get it to work.
It also looks for a file called tautmenü - When I have the time, I'd like to look into this and fix this.

For those willing to do this, it sounds like you'll need:
-Install/inject Don Miguel's RTP or (Advocate's RTP for the French RM2003 version)
- and set your computer's default language for Non-Unicode programs to German.

If someone out there has a download with these issues already fixed, let us know.
@LordBlueRouge

Ah. That's a shame. Based on the download link you showed me. It works fine. Even works flawless on Linux and 3DS via EasyRPG Player. Thanks for that. Now to hunt for some good new RM2k and RM2k3 games(doubt they'll ever make an XP or an MV player for 3DS)
author=Sammael
@LordBlueRouge

Ah. That's a shame. Based on the download link you showed me. It works fine. Even works flawless on Linux and 3DS via EasyRPG Player. Thanks for that. Now to hunt for some good new RM2k and RM2k3 games(doubt they'll ever make an XP or an MV player for 3DS)
Excellent news, thanks for sharing this Sammael! ♥.
I'm always excited to hear about EasyRPG's compatibility on other platforms.

For those curious and haven't gotten Taut to work. I took another look and got it to work, Taut 1.1 (English version) simple needs the RTP file "vehicle", Harmony.dll and the RPG.ini fullpackage edit, to run. I'll eventually provide updated downloads to all 3 versions with these fixes already in place. But right now I just don't have the time to do it. :(

If things ever stabilize here IRL, I'll keep you guys posted.
I am also a game enthusiast so I would like to recommend some games that I see or to all of you ~suspicious link~
In what way are modern, dubious "puzzle games for children" related to old, obscure RPG Maker (1995/2000/2003) JRPGs?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I've a question for this thread. So, back in 2012, I was a tester for a game called Memories Neverlasting by sbester. It's a game made in TsuK3 and is a mix of RPG and Visual Novel elements. A download was never made public, but, a private download was provided to testers. I still have the demo from those 6 years ago.

I suppose my question amounts to what interest this thread (or the archive I sometimes read about here) might have in a game like that?
author=Marrend
I've a question for this thread. So, back in 2012, I was a tester for a game called Memories Neverlasting by sbester. It's a game made in TsuK3 and is a mix of RPG and Visual Novel elements. A download was never made public, but, a private download was provided to testers. I still have the demo from those 6 years ago.

I suppose my question amounts to what interest this thread (or the archive I sometimes read about here) might have in a game like that?

Speaking for myself, I think it would be great to have the demo in the archive of RPG Maker games. However, since the demo was not initially intended for public audiences and sbester I still relatively active, he should probably be asked before it is released.
author=Marrend

I think that bringing that demo to the archive, or any old/obscure/forgotten game for that matter, would be great.

Sometimes great authors may wish to conceal their works even after their death, whenever it's for personal reasons or not, and that's perfectly reasonable. But preserving great works in spite of that might not be that bad.

I don't know if the author wishes for his game to be released to the world like this, so the best course of action would still be to try to find him and ask for his permission on the matter. If he/she has no problem with it, I think we should definitly preserve it.

author=LordBlueRouge
Hi guys ♥

@anyon175
Excellent find anyon175!!
I always get excited whenever I hear about someone finding original japanese rpgmaker games! I haven't had a chance to properly comment, but I also really like the let's plays you've been doing. Please keep up the good work friend ♥!! XD

Thank you. :)

I really hope that those let's plays contribute in some way to preserve the community and all those incredible games.
I think the general rule is that if it's put on the internet, it's assumed archiveable until the creator retracts their wish to make it public.
Even though I haven't actively posted on these forums in a long time, I still exist. Preserving RPGMaker history has value to me. It might not be super soon, but when I get a chance I'll find and look through my old hard drives to upload anything I have.
author=AznChipmunk
Even though I haven't actively posted on these forums in a long time, I still exist. Preserving RPGMaker history has value to me. It might not be super soon, but when I get a chance I'll find and look through my old hard drives to upload anything I have.

Hey AznChipmunk, thanks!

If we all work to preserve these games I'm sure more people in the future will be able to play them.

If you find any of those games you mentioned, or if you find any RPGMaker game you think that needs to be preserved, your welcome to upload them here.
I can add light on Legend of Zelda The Fallen Sage, the reason the original author took it down because he didn't like certain aspects of his first attempt and the story in his mind wasn't terribly good.

Also his other Zelda Game (Time's Menagerie?) was also taken down few years back which used to be on a Zelda Wiki until apparently they ended up getting some official connections with Nintendo that turned it into a official wiki (or so I read somewhere) and had to take down anything to do with Fanon material (or least that is what I know).

Right now undyingnephalim is currently putting all of his original creations into a Zelda Mod for a specific strategy game out there (which has been ongoing for many years now). So it is very very unlikely he will provide the older works, and last that I knew that nobody has a trace of the original files as those files were effin' huge.

Btw..I'm surprised someone still had a copy of Dragon Quest IV - Renaissance, thought that particular demo was lost forever.
Hello friends.
My name is André, from Brazil.
I search games pokemon made with rpg maker 2000 and 2003.

I very like Pokémon Illusion, but I want ohters too.
Full, beta, project, I want all...
I waiting for links, thanks for all.

Sorry for my bad english...
I have this games Pokémon for Rpg Maker 2k/2000, 2k3/2003

Pokémon Black - A ira de Ash (PT-BR / 2k3/ graphics bad)
PokéKill - Star Wars Edition (GER-DE / 2k)
Pokémon :: Ghost Edition (GER-DE / 2k)
Pokémon :: Nightmare Version (GER-DE / 2k)
Pokémon :: Rabenschwarze Edition (GER-DE / 2k3)
Pokémon Adventures :: auf der Suche nach dem Switch (GER-DE / 2k)
Pokémon Adventures 2 (GER-DE / 2k)
Pokémon Adventures 3 (GER-DE / 2k)
..::POKEMON ADVENTURES WEIHNACHTSEDITION::.. Hier! (GER-DE / 2k)
Pokémon Aurora - (GER-DE / 2k3)
Pokémon Battle Monster World (GER-DE / 2k3)
Pokémon Dark Deluxe - (SPN / 2k)
Pokémon Dawn :: Zombies all over the world
Pokémon Dusk
Pokémon Dusk Chronicles :: Dave (ENG / 2k3)
Pokémon Invasion (GER-DE / 2k)
Pokémon Nightfall :: The undead overrun the world (GER-DE / 2k3)
Pokémon Nightmare 2 :: Invasion (ENG / 2k)
Pokémon Nightmare 3 :: Prophecy (ENG / 2k)
Pokémon Sinners (GER-DE / 2k3)
Pokémon The Evil Inside (ENG / 2k)
Pokémon The Evil Inside 2 :: The Three Werepokémon (ENG / 2k)
Pokémon X (GER-DE / 2k3)
Pokémonstar (GER-DE / 2k)
Porkerion - (SPN / 2k)
Porkerion 2 - (SPN / 2k)
Pokéworld (GER-DE / 2k)
RM2KEMON (ENG / 2k / Fakemon)
https://www.4shared.com/postDownload/HNLXVoNRgm/rm2kemon.html

This and onthers games for download here:
http://rpgmakerpokemonblack.blogspot.com/2018/08/jogos-rpg-maker-games-rpg-maker-off.html

site: http://rpgmakerpokemonblack.blogspot.com/2018/04/pokemon-black-ira-de-ash-2018.html (PT-BR)
So...anyone still interested in searching for that Sonic RPG Beta? It's been over three years since I last talked about it, I mean some progress could've been made...if any

Indonesian RPG Maker users anyone?
Hi CatmanFan❤

I made a note of your original request for Sonic Beta RPG and wrote it down under the most wanted section, when I originally recreated this thread.

Unfortunately, plans for this thread have sort of slowed down currently due to IRL issues, so I apologize. But if you can remember the name of site that you found Sonic RPG Beta on. It would help out greatly in tracking Sonic Beta RPG down.

I mostly look these games up in my spare time for fun and sometimes I discover new rpgmaker communities as a result of these reaches too. But often it gets difficult when said rpg is in a different language etc.

I do know that Eremidia: An Empty Tome and Darkness of Hope - The Pocket Watch are both made by really cool Indonesian developers! but I haven't found an Indonesian Rpgmaker community yet. If you know or one, or know the name of the site you found Sonic BETA RPG on, let me know! it will help me out greatly in taking this game down.

EDIT: again I apologize to everyone following this thread. Especially AznChipmunk, I've been meaning to get in touch with ya! You had a lot of old rpgmaker games, I know this cause I wrote down every single one, I just haven't had the time yet to contact ya yet.

But yeah, rest assured guys, even though things are really slow right now, I still do listen to all requests.
author=CatmanFan
So...anyone still interested in searching for that Sonic RPG Beta? It's been over three years since I last talked about it, I mean some progress could've been made...if any

Indonesian RPG Maker users anyone?

Hello CatmanFan
I see Sonic Collision, if you want this game:
http://rpgmakerpokemonblack.blogspot.com/2018/08/jogos-rpg-maker-games-rpg-maker-off.html

Whats the version of RPG Maker for the Sonic RPG Beta?
I see this for 2k3, but don't can to install, are trouble in the archive "LZH":
https://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?78323-Sonic-RPG-Demo-2-Complete!
UPDATE:
I FINALLY got my old computer working and managed to get my copy of Sonic RPG Beta transferred to my laptop! It's now finally available for download again! I also got to explore my computer around a little bit, and got some pretty interesting memories back.

I've actually had the game since around July 2011. The full name of the game is (for some reason) "Sonic Role-Playing Game", and it was developed using RPG Maker 2000 in 2007/2008 as a beta by MAXIMA Productions (yay! I guessed the name right!). It's still referred to "Sonic RPG Beta" in some cases. Download link is in the bottom of the post.

Oh, and I also have download links to two more obscure games. The first one is another Indonesian game called "GameStation Saga - Fighter Machine". The other one is a Spanish/English bilingual game called "Battle Against FlygonBreloom", made by Alba Garcia Clérigues.

Alright, download links HERE:

Sonic Role-Playing Game Beta (Indonesian) (MEGA)
GameStation Saga - Fighter Machine (Indonesian) (MediaFire)
Battle Against FlygonBreloom (English/Spanish) (SkyDrive, not a direct link)

If LordBlueRouge wants to copy those to his MediaFire account, then go ahead. Very glad to be part of the community working to restore old RPG Maker games :)
author=CatmanFan
UPDATE:I FINALLY got my old computer working and managed to get my copy of Sonic RPG Beta transferred to my laptop! It's now finally available for download again! I also got to explore my computer around a little bit, and got some pretty interesting memories back.

I've actually had the game since around July 2011. The full name of the game is (for some reason) "Sonic Role-Playing Game", and it was developed using RPG Maker 2000 in 2007/2008 as a beta by MAXIMA Productions (yay! I guessed the name right!). It's still referred to "Sonic RPG Beta" in some cases. Download link is in the bottom of the post.

Oh, and I also have download links to two more obscure games. The first one is another Indonesian game called "GameStation Saga - Fighter Machine". The other one is a Spanish/English bilingual game called "Battle Against FlygonBreloom", made by Alba Garcia Clérigues.

Alright, download links HERE:

Sonic Role-Playing Game Beta (Indonesian) (MEGA)
GameStation Saga - Fighter Machine (Indonesian) (MediaFire)
Battle Against FlygonBreloom (English/Spanish) (SkyDrive, not a direct link)

If LordBlueRouge wants to copy those to his MediaFire account, then go ahead. Very glad to be part of the community working to restore old RPG Maker games :)

good games