OLD/LOST RPGMAKER GAMES - SEGNIN'S RARE/OBSCURE RM GAMES REQUEST TOPIC

author=JustRob
I dunno if anyone still needs Yellow Protector of the Sun, but here it is

Also there was a game for Rm2k or Rm2k3 that used no tilesets but completely custom backgrounds for every map, I forgot the name. It had a snowy theme, at least at the beginning. I think it was about some war or some shit. If anyone knows what I'm thinking of, hit me up.

This one? https://rpgmaker.net/games/5991/
author=dethmetal
I just want to take a second to say THANK YOU DARKEN for creating your wonderful blog. RPG Maker Historia is a serious trip down memory lane. Back when I first discovered RPG Maker 2002, I downloaded and played EVERYTHING I could get my hands on. For a few years, I played more RPG Maker games than commercial games. I wish I had my hard drive from back then because it would be a treasure trove.

If there's one game I've always wanted to know more about the history of, it's Romancing Walker by Flare. I can find next to nothing about the development of this game on the internet. Where did Flare originally post it? Is Flare still around? I remember hearing that this game was a translation of a Japanese game - but I think this is just a rumor, because there's no evidence of a Japanese version, and all the switches and such are labeled in English. Anyone have any more background about RW?

Hey dethmetal,

Sorry I took so long to reply to you, although you probably already found the answer to your question, but here we go.

I made a post about this on the thread here. I basicly mentioned eplipswitch`s post about the Romancing Walker Japanese version (also known as `With Walker`), and that rm2kfanboy (the guy that basicly translated and remade the graphics of the original game) aparently posted in the same thread. He also mentioned that there was at some point a Romancing Walker 2 (Or With Walker 2) in development and that he even managed to play it, but he aparently lost this version of the game because that was on an old computer he had.

I also uploaded the japanese version here and you can play it through EasyRPG without the Japanese RTP if I`m not mistaken. Although you probably need some japanese reading skills to play this, so good luck.

Oh, and I also have an old link from the Internet Archive that I think it is the old (or what is left of it) FLARE`s homepage. Hope that helps you out.

EDIT:
Some Screenshots from the game:

Hi. I'm trying to see if anyone happened to have the old "Threshold" RPGMaker game made by Mayor Anime. I'm trying to find a download link to that game but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
author=LordBlueRouge
Thanks Vash! ❤

Your comment made my day :)

Yeah, a lot of the old rpgmaker games we found, were from what you originally uploaded from Ed.38 and the magazines on centrorpg.
Thank you for all your hardwork man!! ❤

On a sidenote, if you guys have old magazines and would like to digitally perserve/upload them. Be sure to checkout RetroMags.com

I was lucky that issue 38 came with 70 games. In other editions the number of games was smaller.

Already registered on the site, soon I finish scanning. Talking about magazines, we created an index topic.

And one more thing: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rgr45dregaa6ovc/TopGames_Esp%2338.iso/file I tested and it worked. And with you?
The RPG Maker and RTP .exe files have been removed, redirecting to the official RMWeb page for .html.
For reminder purposes only, the .exe files are the same as separate from the topic in the Centro RPG Maker.

Scans..: https://i.imgur.com/1HKp1Zr.jpg, https://i.imgur.com/TVbjrxS.jpg

Aaand, Useful link to topic: Post/ask for game links here(PT-BR)- Condado Braveheart

Bye \õ,
Anybody have a game called Ninja Adventures?

I don't remember a thing about it, but while browsing some old websites on the Wayback Machine, I found a review I posted for it in (probably) 2003. Apparently it had an ABS and involved saving a friend by gathering elemental orbs. I wrote in the review, "somehow, this game was fun."
So I don't know if this game's already been requested, but just in case, I'm looking for a game called 'Scelus' Path' by Earalia Nolan.

No matter how hard I look, I can't find a single thing about the game aside from a TVTropes page:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/ScelusPath

So yeah, if anyone has a copy, that'd be great.
Monkey Productions is no longer working. It some advertisement now.
author=catchaserguns
Monkey Productions is no longer working. It some advertisement now.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention cacahserguns. ♥
Yeah, while Monkey Productions was still active, the downloads for the games stopped working a few years ago.
The site didn't get much activity, but we still do have a list of those games available through webarchive.
We don't have everything, but the majority of these games can currently be found on RMN - I apologize for not keeping up with this.

When I have a chance I'll try and update the most recent requests.
ScelusPath has been requested before I believe from someone on RMW, it hasn't shown up yet, but it'll probably turn up.
I'll also add Ninja Adventures. If you have a link to the site you mentioned dethmetal, let me know.

EDIT: Activity has slowed drastically over the years. Either due to my inactivity, or because there are simply more resources available now than there was back then. But if time permits it, I would like to re-haul this thread, one more time. while adding all the new games that have been submitted since then. anyon175, hedge1, darken and TheGameArchivist added quite a bit. So it make take some time. But I'm really happy where we were able to take this.

Obviously I wish I could do more. But life can't seem to catch me a break these days.

EDIT2: Thanks again Vash ❤, I was able to grab the TopGames Demo Disc from the link. Thank you again for your continued work! This is very cool. :)
You know, this is an archive of old games. However, it'd be awesome to archive old tutorials as well. The only ones I know of are

GamingW:
https://leafo.net/gwtemp/tutorials/

And the classy and classic Don Miguel site:
http://rpgmaker2000.narod.ru/

These should ABSOLUTELY be archived and saved because not only they're absolute preciousnesses, but also super light to archive. Imma check out the Ultima Online waybackmachine page, it might contain something.

I miss a lot of the old 2k3 DBS-geared tutorials, we don't have that anymore. There was an awesome site with a lot of practical example tutorials with game example downloads too, I loved that. They had a SUPER amazing Paper Mario-styled platformer in there.
author=JosephSeraph
You know, this is an archive of old games. However, it'd be awesome to archive old tutorials as well. The only ones I know of are

GamingW:
https://leafo.net/gwtemp/tutorials/

And the classy and classic Don Miguel site:
http://rpgmaker2000.narod.ru/

These should ABSOLUTELY be archived and saved because not only they're absolute preciousnesses, but also super light to archive. Imma check out the Ultima Online waybackmachine page, it might contain something.

I agree 100% ♥

I miss a lot of the old 2k3 DBS-geared tutorials, we don't have that anymore. There was an awesome site with a lot of practical example tutorials with game example downloads too, I loved that. They had a SUPER amazing Paper Mario-styled platformer in there.

I think RMTUTORIALS is what you're thinking of.
There was also that other one, gadex mentioned awhile back when we found those templates for those platform games in 2k3. I'll see if I can dig/round these up.

Thanks Jo ♥
I don't have a whole lot of time these days, so this is a rough post:
Light on the RMN discord was asking about this if anyone knows this game or where he can find it. let us know. it sounds really cool. I'm posting it here so it might get more eyes on it.

author=Light
it was a rpgmaker indeed
it was before 2012 that I played it
I remember a main character
a girl seeing lucid or predictive dreams
some sort of ice queen or a woman with blue spirite was talking to her in her dreams
at some part in the game you could move in the map as a boat
but you needed to unlock an area by finding a dynamite and blowing up rocks
it was like
medieval fantasy
I remember keep dying because I got poisoned in a fight against insects
the game kept restarting
there was a tundra-ish biome
...I don't normally do this, but I thought I'd put out a post out for missing resources:

Frogge is looking for the original sites of these particular REFMAP tilesets were found on.

"Train.png."

"InnerTent.png"

"Homepage_Forest.png"

Also this lion head on the door seen in the recently released Villnoire by LittleWingGuy

EDIT: We were able to find "Train.png" which was renamed "orient.png" through this site
http://wato5576.sukimakaze.com/
which had a list of resources packaged under dlmap.zip.
But the rest sort of remain a mystery.

As I mentioned previously, I unfortunately don't have the same amount of free time as I had in the past
(hopefully, once things get better, I will) so any help is very much appreciated here.
Posting in this thread because as of now I still am not sure how popular these games were back in the day beyond a small group..

Does anyone have a copy of Megaman - The RPG or the Megaman - The RPG II beta by Super Shadowman? He also made a game called Fireman's Quest, but I do have a copy of the installer for that game. If you want, I can upload it here if nobody has already.

Super Shadowman mostly posted his games on his proboards forums (Super Shadowman Forums), and I'm not sure how widely they were distributed beyond that.

Thanks in advance!
Let's see...
I remember playing a RMVX game during 2010, called "Easter Bunny Egg Maze" or something similar. It was an average pac-man styled game with about five or six levels, though the levels were pretty fun overall, having stuff like keys, traps, multiple rooms, etc.
The first two levels were a hedgemaze and a town, I think.
The protagonist looked like this, I remember that she was made with the old famitsu sprite generator.

Instead of collecting dots, the player collected eggs (the ones from the default Iconset, though they were white or yellow).

For the monsters/enemies, they were the ones from the RTP (The goblins and the skeleton, I think?), though the last level (an abandoned/haunted tower with two floors) had a recolored version of the RTP Ghost similar to this:

There were videos on youtube about the game, though they may have been deleted. The developers also had a website called "Skydreamers" or "Sky Dreams" where they hosted it, though, again, I couldn't find the page or anything about the game on the internet.

Let me know if you still have this game! Nostalgia is strong, haha.
author=RRWcomicsboy
Posting in this thread because as of now I still am not sure how popular these games were back in the day beyond a small group..

Does anyone have a copy of Megaman - The RPG or the Megaman - The RPG II beta by Super Shadowman? He also made a game called Fireman's Quest, but I do have a copy of the installer for that game. If you want, I can upload it here if nobody has already.

Super Shadowman mostly posted his games on his proboards forums (Super Shadowman Forums), and I'm not sure how widely they were distributed beyond that.

Thanks in advance!

Hi RRWcomicsboy ♥

Upload the installer when you have the chance. 2009 and earlier stuff is getting hard to find now.

EDIT: Just an update while I'm here:
Here's all the games that were available on monkeypro before the site expired.

http://web.archive.org/web/20181008041234/http://monkeypro.net/game

I'll see if I can go through some of these when I have sometime to do this again.
I don't have any experience with Internet Archive, but it seems none of the links/downloads are working anymore.
author=LordBlueRouge
Upload the installer when you have the chance. 2009 and earlier stuff is getting hard to find now.

Okay, no problem! I've uploaded it to MEGA here, feel free to host it elsewhere it needed. Always happy to have these games from the good era of the internet preserved, haha

Fireman's Quest Installer
Please, somebody can reup Shadows of Evil Wings of Time.
Also, so many games are lost because was uploaded in Megaupload.