OLD/LOST RPGMAKER GAMES - SEGNIN'S RARE/OBSCURE RM GAMES REQUEST TOPIC

author=VannevarKush
There has been a lot of talk about hosting a large collection of RPG Maker content...for example, about a year or two ago I scoured the Internet for every RPG Maker 2k/2k3 game I could find, including many from this topic and the previous one. My goal was to play these on Wii using EasyRPG, which has worked well aside from some occasional crashes. Anyway, if I remember correctly I ended up with about 1400 separate titles. I named all the folders to the actual titles of the games, however I did not try to hold on to demos or older versions of games.

I have a Mega account where I could make this content available. It's about 60 gigs if I'm remembering right.

I bet others have bigger and better archives than I do. I'd be glad to share mine, but it seems that some of us have large collections, and the main issue is hosting and distributing the content.

Speaking of archives, I wonder if the right place for hosting a large archive of RPG maker content... is to put it on archive.org? I've seen some large packs of user created content on there, like for Mugen and OpenBOR (open beats of rage). So given the bandwidth issues and the fact that this isn't illegal content or anything, why not put these large archives on the site that wants to host this kind of thing? (maybe I'll put my own collection on there instead...)

Hi VannevarKush, sorry I missed this. Yes archive.org and rmarchiv.de are good places to upload these games. If you want to quickly generate a list of your rpgmaker games so we can see what you've got please download The RPGMAKER GAMES LIST it's a program that one of our users created to quickly generate and sort large folders of rpgmakers game.

Alternatively if you're on windows, you can navigate the folder and do the following:

On WINDOWSHold shift and right click. There will be a context menu entry that says "Open command window here"

Select that. And a terminal window will pop up. Type in...

dir /a /b>game-list.txt

What that command will do is give you a listing of all the files & folders in the current directory and put them in a file called game-list.txt in your current folder. If you open that, you'll be able to see them. =)

However this will only tell us the names of the games you have, and not the engine or what dates they were made, so I strongly encourage everyone to download and use The RPGMAKER GAMES LIST, first.

Thanks for posting, I apologize for the late reply.
Posting this for cinnamon#8546 on the RMN Discord:
https://discord.com/channels/164370142552260609/643214089723576330/827847884220137472

im trying to find this game i played years ago, i'm fairly sure it's an rpgmaker game.

So it's very simple pixel style, black and orange palette. You're hiding from a killer and you find your dead parents(?) And every time he catches you it loops, the killer was borderline a stick figure but when you discover the bodies it's super detailed and like digital art, I think you crack open a wardrobe or something and see part of them
Hello, firstly thank you for all the hard work!

Secondly, while mirroring these links I found that the following mega links are broken. The rest of them work just fine.

Cryptic Silence CBS (Author)(RM2k3)(2004).rar
Dawn Of The Dragon(Author)(RM2k)(2000).rar
Deus Card (Author)(RM2k3)(2004).rar
Enter the Cave (Author)(RM2k3)(2004)(wRTP).rar
Final Frontier (BottomLine2k)(RM2k)(2002).rar
Ghost World (Hextona)(RM2k3)(2011).rar
Hunters Joy (Author)(RM2k3)(2005).rar
I.C.E. Projects (Demo)(Terrorist, 3NG3L0FD34TH)(RMXP)(2010).rar
Into Eternity (Author)(RM2k3)(2006).rar
Morellum Factor (BUDOWEAR)(RM2K)(2003)(wRTP).rar
One Night 5.18 (DarkGaia)(RMXP)(2010).rar
Potty Wars (2007 Doogie Fix Edition)(Author)(RM2k)(2007).rar
RM2k Library - A Final Hope (DarkPriest)(RM2k)(2001).rar
Stronghold of Castle Phantasia (Author)(RM2k)(2003).rar
Trabajo3 (Author)(RM2k)(2001).rar
author=krum110487

Secondly, while mirroring these links I found that the following mega links are broken. The rest of them work just fine.

Thanks for this❤, I'll look into this.
EDIT: yeah while putting the links together, I must've gotten a few of these wrong, I'll fix this asap. Again thanks for letting me know. The list is quite large now, so it's hard to comb over errors sometimes.

EDIT2: Yeah, looking carefully at the links, there was some weird link jargon, where the megaupload links that didn't work added two letters to the link? and this stopped it from working or something - but yeah they should work now. Again, thanks for letting me know.
author=LordBlueRouge
author=krum110487

Thanks for this❤, I'll look into this.
EDIT: yeah while putting the links together, I must've gotten a few of these wrong, I'll fix this asap. Again thanks for letting me know. The list is quite large now, so it's hard to comb over errors sometimes.

EDIT2: Yeah, looking carefully at the links, there was some weird link jargon, where the megaupload links that didn't work added two letters to the link? and this stopped it from working or something - but yeah they should work now. Again, thanks for letting me know.

Not a problem! Thanks for fixing them so fast, my goal is to comb over and get every game I can noting missing ones. So I will be downloading and organizing everything. (that's the goal at least) and this list was a fantastic starting point!

I've found a few I think are not on this site (not many) but I'm manually checking every other site against the games on this site + googling to find stuff.

I'm also collecting PS1/PS2 Memory cards for those versions as well.

Thanks again for all the hard work!
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Zero Reality Shattered Worlds

Might want to add this back to the list, surprised it still worked but I randomly spent like 3hrs looking for it haha. I wish I still had my PC from when I was a teenager hoarding all those RM2k/3 games.
author=Tau
Zero Reality Shattered Worlds.
Might want to add this back to the list, surprised it still worked but I randomly spent like 3hrs looking for it haha. I wish I still had my PC from when I was a teenager hoarding all those RM2k/3 games.

Thanks Tau❤! Yeah, Sorry about that. I was trying to figure out why it wasn't on there.

I skimmed over the old thread and saw that I uploaded it back in 2015 but I guess I forgot to include it when I rehauled the thread back in 2017 - In my mind, the hard and fast rule at the beginning, was to only upload games, if people asked for it, in order to hypothetically cutdown on games that people weren't downloading in order to save time and space. Zero Reality was one of those game, that I held onto, from my personal collection, that I really liked a lot, before Feld turned it into Chronology of the Last Era - but I'd always have it, if someone asked for it, because I was always studying.

But yeah, I guess I should've included it in the new list. I apologize for that. I'll see if I can try and squeeze it in somewhere, but currently there's already a few problems that are preventing me from doing that.

I already made a couple of changes on the first page announcing these issues I've run into. But, I'm going to be making an announcement here about the future of this thread at the end of the month. (correcting those mega.nz links the other day, took about 30 mins because the bbcode is so slow now- The short of it is that, bbcode forum code might not be the best place to host/update a masterlist of old rpgmaker games anymore.)
I am going to upload mine to Internet Archive when said and done, but I am no where near done. I am about 9 pages in of 52... on COMPLETED games over on rpgmakerweb, I figured they are most vulnerable since most people use dropbox/mediafire there. So far so good i'm 118 games strong with a list of missing games.

I am also taking the time to format it how you have it here.

also, I would recommend editing in like notepad++ then just pasting it in when you are done. It will work much faster, then you just have to paste over what was already there.
author=krum110487
also, I would recommend editing in like notepad++ then just pasting it in when you are done. It will work much faster, then you just have to paste over what was already there.

Yeah, I agree, that's what I've been doing. What I meant to say is: it's so much text now, even just highlighting and pasting in those edits, is like 20 seconds each:

I highlight the text, it takes 10 seconds for my computer to recognize I'm highlighting the text,
I paste in the text, it takes another 10 seconds for the computer to recognize I'm pasting in the text.

It has nothing to do with the computer, browser or the operating system I'm using, it's just a lot of text in bbcode for one page - that's just how slow it is now. I'll probably talk about this issue more at the end of the month, it's nothing to worry about, just need to start thinking about alternatives.

author=krum110487
I am going to upload mine to Internet Archive when said and done, but I am no where near done. I am about 9 pages in of 52... on COMPLETED games over on rpgmakerweb, I figured they are most vulnerable since most people use dropbox/mediafire there. So far so good i'm 118 games strong with a list of missing games.

I am also taking the time to format it how you have it here.

Thank you! I truly appreciate this! Web Archive is something that's been mentioned before. Darken and I have both thought about and have been meaning to get into, but we just never really got around to, cause we've been busy. I'll probably PM ya on RMN with more info or something. But yeah, keep us posted on your progress with this. A lot of peeps here have mentioned uploading to webarchive more than once; we just never got around to it.
Does anyone know a Brazilian game Mith Universo Merkava?
I'm Very nostalgic and remember this game that I loved when I was Younger! But I cant find it, just broken links...
Some help about Mith Universo Merkava:

Author is FATE
It was made with RPG Maker 2003.
It's a complete game.
It's in portuguese.

Story: "Help Ryan save the Merkava universe! The elemental gods of the universe do not know or try to omit what is going on ... But surely, it is not good, and what comes around compromises the whole world of our friend! Be strong, face all the bosses, go through all the puzzles, fight with unimaginable creatures and much more ..." Makers Mugen

The game was uploaded in 2009 by Flaepru and was around 8 Mo: 4shared archive
First date retrieved is 2006 (on casadomaker.org, but link is dead).
"8 juil. 2006 — Mith - Universo Merkava Autor: FATE Plataforma: RPG Maker 2000. Idioma: Português História: Ajude Ryan a salvar o universo Merkava!"
Couldn't find it on the site through Wayback: http://www.casadomaker.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=16dc0d1dc6669e441fbbb7b2cb1732e7
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
So I managed to find Tau's old mapping contest compilations on wayback machine. Unfortunately the downloads on the page don't seem to work but I have them on my computer and could easily upload them to dropbox if necessary. Thought they might be a good addition to this thread :D

Mapping contest #1
Mapping contest #2
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Oh right I did those haha. I barely remembered that but good for those who put effort into them.
Frogge
author=Tau
Oh right I did those haha. I barely remembered that but good for those who put effort into them.

I didn't realize you posted on this thread literally just recently and now I feel like an idiot for thinking you hadn't been around a while haha

Anyway yeah, those were super cool! I remember playing them back when the game pages were up and really being wowed by some of the entries.
author=Frogge
So I managed to find Tau's old mapping contest compilations on wayback machine. Unfortunately the downloads on the page don't seem to work but I have them on my computer and could easily upload them to dropbox if necessary. Thought they might be a good addition to this thread :D

Mapping contest #1
Mapping contest #2

I'll take any and everything you have :-)
author=krum110487
author=Frogge

Mapping contest #1
Mapping contest #2
I'll take any and everything you have :-)

Yeah same! These seems quite interesting ^_^
Frogge
Dope, here they are! #1 #2
Tau if you have a problem with me uploading these just let me know and I'll take them down :)
author=Frogge
Tau if you have a problem with me uploading these just let me know and I'll take them down :)

Thanks!

if you have anything else, I would appreciate it, I can add it to the hoard and slowly organize it!
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I literally give zero fucks man haha.
author=Frogge

Great job Frogge, now these are mine, ALL MINE muahahahahahahahaha!!!
I admit I loved NoAcceptance style, probably not the best map but the crazy intro and setup are unique!