OLD/LOST RPGMAKER GAMES - SEGNIN'S RARE/OBSCURE RM GAMES REQUEST TOPIC

Uh, I was suppose to make an announcement at the end of the month but, life took a big shit on me for the last few weeks lol. and I haven't even gotten vaccinated yet!

So, I'm just gonna say this without much fanfare: As I mentioned previously I finally updated the frontpage and the masterlist with new links and stuff, please check everything out. The Big announcement is that we're kind of at a crossroads here. The Masterlist is so big now, it can no longer be edited. I was thinking of moving everything to the new site https://rm2k.net/ but seeing as how I spent the last 6 months putting this all together I'm kind of burnt out at this point. Also, reading stuff like this is making me reconsider keeping everything on the forum; but it's a lot of work that, I don't really want to look at, for at least a year or something.

So, going forward we have two options:
-slowly transferring these old games to rm2k.net
-and/or making a new archive thread on RMN that will allow a much larger masterlist section.

Currently the Masterlist is at about roughly 70,000 characters. and the archive thread is about 4 posts, including the master list. When I make the new thread instead of using 4 posts, maybe expanding that number to 8 will allow for more room for the masterlist and make it easier to edit. I'd like to do both actually, but it's a lot of work and I kind of need a break from this, maybe like a year or two lol. However, in the meantime I'll still be writing down and keeping track of requests.

krum110487 is currently uploading stuff to webarchive.org so please thank him and encourage him for that; doing this stuff isn't an easy undertaking, and most of the time I've been doing it wrong. so I'm very happy that not only peeps can correct the work that I've done but that this thing has lasted for long as it has but also that we have new faces that can help out.

But yeah, huge thank you to everyone whose been involved in this. I'll probably come back here and edit this with a list of peeps to thank. I'm just really happy how far we've taken this and how it's turned out.

EDIT2: Also uh, keep your eyes peeled on RMcola, I really want it to have a bigger presence here. Cash is doing great stuff to really bring this community together.

EDIT: I forgot to add this, these were the notes I used for sorting through games. I don't know if they're correct but feel free to improve upon them:

Checking Date of games release
-Check Date of last map file.

Checking for RM2k Game
-if it has harmony.dll
-if it doesn't have Battle2/System2
-if all else fails check RPG_RT
it's RM2k

Checking for RM2k3
-if it has Battle2/System2
it's RM2k3

Checking for RMXP
-if it's game.exe

Checking for RMVX
-If it's Chess Piece
it's VX

Checking for RMVXACE
-if it's RedDragon
it's VXACE

Checking for RTP (2000/2003):
-if RPG_RT.ini has "full package"
-vehicle is in Char folder
-if it has harmony.dll(RM2000)
it has RTP

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I think a new thread is a good idea, but in the end I think you should do what's most convinient for you! We appreciate all the work you've put into this!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I just wanna say that this thread (or any future thread that may come), and the people that participate in the process of preserving these games, kinda feel like some kind of unspoken heroes? I dunno, maybe I'm being too dramatic.
Just posting this here before I forget:

author=nova234
Hi,
I'm searching an RPG maker game. It's a long time since I last played it. In my memories it's called Moonlight, but my friend google, gives me no good answer. Its was made in RPG maker 2k or 2k3. The Main menu is White with a green leaf in the middle. The Story begin with you on a spaceship that crashes on a planet´in medieval time. It was an action RPG. I remember a cat with the name of niyu or so. It has even a Final Fantasy reference with red and black mage. The main reason I want this game is the Soundtrack, it was so great.

I'm thankful for any help.
Greets Nova

EDIT: Thanks for the kind words Marrend ❤.
Yeah there's a lot of peeps in and around this thread that I need to thank.
Marrend
My Google-fu found a Yume Nikki fan-game by the name of "Moonlight". Which has been apparently taken down by the author at some point. The site in question at least provides a title screen image there, and given the description by nova234, I'm pretty sure this is... not the same thing. ;_;
author=LordBlueRouge
Legend of Heroen (Soeufans)(RM2k3)(2014).rar
I only want to say thanks, and to correct this, its made in 2k, not 2k3
Found a few in my collection! Check my locker! enjoy!
Got more,but down in North Carolina! I'm in ohio for now!
I will upload more but please post those where they need to be! Thanks!
Amazing what you collect over the years!
I started on win98se so don't blame me for not having all of the old best!
Chernoble virus killed my rpg palace collection!
sorry and please V test any that can be! That monster ate 4 computers back then!
P.S. Does anyone still have the Giant german made but in english, RTP for rm2k3?
I do but it is in NC and i cannot travel to retreave it at the moment!
author=michale4267
Found a few in my collection! Check my locker! enjoy! Got more,but down in North Carolina! I'm in ohio for now! I will upload more but please post those where they need to be! Thanks! Amazing what you collect over the years! I started on win98se so don't blame me for not having all of the old best!Chernoble virus killed my rpg palace collection! sorry and please V test any that can be! That monster ate 4 computers back then! P.S. Does anyone still have the Giant german made but in english, RTP for rm2k3? I do but it is in NC and i cannot travel to retreave it at the moment!

Thanks michale4267!❤ yeah uh, we'll try and sort it out.
Thank you for letting me know before hand about the possible virus.
Only the Savior knight Mage's quest and the exe type! Sandboxxie is my friend!

I will check the rest! I also have Legacy of Fafnir.
It too has an exe.
I would have more to upload,but I am stuck in ohio and my stuff is still in North Carolina ATM.
I may even have Reign of the Demon King on one of my Dvd's.

I made about 30 or so! All rpg maker games! Lost most of my rpg palace stuff due to Chernoble virus,but none of the ones I put on Dvd had been affected.

I am trying my best to find what i can for the community.

Where should I upload these to?

Don't want them to disappear again.
Sorry, I am a Phantasy Star buff, but i cannot believe that no one on earth remembers the tricks in the first NES final fantasy to get the red wizard the nuke spell or how to do the in game trick to get a second masmune sword by a glitch programmers trick.

Yes i know it does not belong here,but just saying! Thnx for keeping this going.
Thanks michale426!7 I've downloaded the 7 games you have available in your locker and I will pass this information onto Cherry, whose currently helping me with this. For larger uploads, you can probably try using Google Drive or MediaFire but most of these services only allow for 10gb - If you run into any problems uploading these, let us know and we will try to figure something out.

Sorry, I am a Phantasy Star buff, but i cannot believe that no one on earth remembers the tricks in the first NES final fantasy to get the red wizard the nuke spell or how to do the in game trick to get a second masmune sword by a glitch programmers trick. Yes i know it does not belong here,but just saying! Thnx for keeping this going.

No worries, I understand your frusteration lol. I use to use an old site called gamewinners.net that was available from 1995 - 2017. They use to have a lot of older stuff that wasn't available on gamefaqs. Even later stuff like how to get the proper endings in parasite eve 2, or movelists for games that manuals would get wrong, got lost or has misinformation on gamefaqs.

XD I haven't gotten through FF1 yet, but I do remember hearing about that trick vaguely. If it's short you can probably try posting it here and I can upload it to gamefaqs on your behalf. In fact I'll probably ask around today to see if anyone remembers it lol.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, keep us posted. I'll try to see what I can do on my end, to make uploading these games easier for you.

EDIT: Before I forget, can you tell us more about nennia_r2.zip? is it an rpgmaker2000 game? it has an harmony.dll, but it also has .DAT files, but some of the games contents appear to be missing.
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone could help me find an old game I used to play. I think it was around the time Homework Salesman finished, or was almost complete, if that helps. From what I remember:

- Sci-fi dungeon crawler (I don't think it really had any story)
- I vaguely remember something to do with battle simulations?
- Customizable Party (Classes, Names, Abilities, Etc.)
- Lots of classes from what I remember
- Customizable Battle Rules: I remember you could change some off-battle things, like setting yourself to heal HP, MP, SP after every battle, or you couldn't use items, etc.

I'm sorry I couldn't give more. I'll answer as many questions as I can if you all have any.
Thank you all and I hope you all have a great day!
Marrend
@Worroth: For some reason, Online Forces comes to mind? I'm not 100% sure about the customizable battle rules or anything else for that matter.
Nennia_r2 was a simrpg game made by Dragoon Falcon years ago. http://www.angelfire.com/geek/falcon/rpgmaker/ Can't believe i still have lots of those too!

And the Savior Knight games ,only the installer packs are malware,so I am extracting the games and Rar or 7zip to pack them back up working.No worries! Sandboxie is my friend!

Open source so now it's free! And ok on downloading those in my locker.
Upload and post those elsewhere with the proper credits if possible.

Good I will put up more in there. Not much time for anything else ATM.
I also have the Ryuukishi No Me 1 demo,but it is missing a file MysticItems6 so it crashes.Could be fixed.

Seems the google hack messed up most of wayback machines links I suspect.
Oh and BTW,what rm2k game was it that had this part with an elevator with the hero going up to fight the big boss demon and about the 3rd floor,a demon with a clipboard gets on mumbling to himself rides up to about floor 6 and gets off,leaving the hero to reply "What the hell?" I have it somewhere but for the life of me,I can't remember..I do remember the elevator music was from an old game show or dating? Laughed silly over that one!

And on the subject of Phantasy Star,how would this be for an idea,A chain game where each programmer/creator makes different parts,but the central theme is Time travel and cross over worlds!

Like the Fourth or even Fifth generation kids of our old heroes end up Fighting the old battles their ancestors fought only because their blunder messes up the time stream,causing their parents not to even exist because of it!

Paradox...And cross over because they end up in Chrono's universe and Luccia has to figure out how to return them back to before the event happened!

Since only 3 may travel at a time,Our heroes would have to band up with two of their ancestors to fight and explore the different worlds!

Yes All of those worlds and old Earth,which turns out to be why the time stream got messed up in the first place..Think Phantasy star 3 and the space station world ship that crashed on the moon!

Oh Yes! There were survivors! A Siren type cyborg and a prototype Demi cyborg and a certain Musk Cat!

Yes my brain never stops,And I am a voice impressionist also!Darth Sidius,Mark Hammil's joker voice and laughs,Hank Hill,The Crypt Keeper...and..Sponge bob and almost every old man voice in existence and Farnam the drunk!

Peace! Bored now... Have some more! P.S (@Worroth) Try this place to see if they have that game you are looking for! https://itch.io/games Maybe it's there?
Marrend
Dragoon Falcon as in... DFalcon? Seems like it could be the case, though, they have not posted on this site since 2014.

Also, please parse your post better next time, and make it easier to read?

*Edit: This post from DFalcon mentions a SimRPG Maker game by the name of Legend of Nennia. That is the only reference of that game I could find on this site.
It is Legend of Nennia revision 2. I also found Powerdolls made on Simrpg maker.

Still looking through cd's at this time.

Maybe I will get lucky and find some more! But no game ever made is worse than (Forgotten Freshness)
Found that on rpg palace years ago by mistake!

Horrid rtp game! Had to be made by a lab chimpanzee!
I FOUND IT

It was Project Oscine. I'm pretty darn sure I was wrong on a few of my points, and for those that searched, I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

Just wanted to let you all know I found it though! I hope you all have an awesome day, and thanks for trying to help!
author=Worroth
I FOUND IT

It was Project Oscine. I'm pretty darn sure I was wrong on a few of my points, and for those that searched, I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

Just wanted to let you all know I found it though! I hope you all have an awesome day, and thanks for trying to help!

No worries, super glad you found it! gonna make a note of it,
incase anyone else might be looking for it as well. Thank you for dropping by Worroth! :)
Looked on another Old HD and found Reign of the demon king , The Eternal Struggle

,Pangaea Chronicles 1 2 3 if it is still needed? It seems nothing is sacred! (Destined) from (Queen's Court) The RPG_RT.exe has an adware virus of old!

I just used the one from (Seraphic Blue English) It is clean & works! The (rm2k107bfixpatch) is a false positive!

Also,(Simons Adventure - Demo (Sleepman) Is broken! (Missing files)

Also found (DarkCrystal_DEMO_2 Rm2k) (LordBlueRouge) when you get time down the new ones I put in the locker. Thanks! Got more to give! Peace.

Toshida 2? Never found the 1st! Rm2k ,Farsight Saga? still looking. And Redmoon ,Red moon 2 phoenix_flame so far.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bo11syytnqdahbj/Akasha_Seal.rar/file Here's Akasha Seal, this download includes episode 1.

Also here is Lunatic Gaming Chaingame. The readme says that a few of the files are corrupted though, so I don't know if this one's any good, as I haven't tested it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/y2yo2785avbadx7/Lunatic_Gaming_Chaingame_%2528RM2k%2529_%2528Collab%2529_Fixed_Version.zip/file
Marrend
sorekara#8752 on the Discord channel posted:
Hello I'm looking for the name of an old rpg maker game that I played during high school (probably around 2015). It's about a man living in a town where everybody's gone I think he encountered several weird creature, which if I recall are basically angels? If anybody recognize the game from the desc, let me know thanks.