OLD/LOST RPGMAKER GAMES - SEGNIN'S RARE/OBSCURE RM GAMES REQUEST TOPIC

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
They’ve just confirmed on discord that the game they were looking for was The Age of Deliverance in case anyone’s wondering B)
Thank you Marrend❤
Thank you Frogge❤
This collaborative effort is what I like to see.

author=michale4267
Looked on another Old HD and found Reign of the demon king , The Eternal Struggle

,Pangaea Chronicles 1 2 3 if it is still needed? It seems nothing is sacred! (Destined) from (Queen's Court) The RPG_RT.exe has an adware virus of old!

I just used the one from (Seraphic Blue English) It is clean & works! The (rm2k107bfixpatch) is a false positive!

Also,(Simons Adventure - Demo (Sleepman) Is broken! (Missing files)

Also found (DarkCrystal_DEMO_2 Rm2k) (LordBlueRouge) when you get time down the new ones I put in the locker. Thanks! Got more to give! Peace.

Toshida 2? Never found the 1st! Rm2k ,Farsight Saga? still looking. And Redmoon ,Red moon 2 phoenix_flame so far.

Hi michale4267!

I apologize for the wait, I've been sort of busy. I downloaded Bounty.zip to Ryuukishi_no_me.zip.
Would it be alright if you used MediaFire for future uploads? The problem with uploading to RMN's locker storage in segements is that I'm not here all the time, to collect these games and storage space can be quite small for new members. MediaFire has 10gb of storage and I'll be able to gather what you have in larger segements.

Please let me know if this would work for you. :)
and Thank you for your hard work and contribution, it's very much appreciated.
It's very hard to get in touch with people from the older communities,
so it's great that you've been able to reach out like this -- Again, Thank you. :)
author=michale4267
Looked on another Old HD and found Reign of the demon king, The Eternal Struggle

Wait, is that The Eternal Struggle made in RPG Maker 2000 with the four-like Sinistrals and one of the Sinistrals was Osama Bin Laden? If so, and if you have it, I love to play it again! This used to be one of my favorite RPG Maker games going back and I haven’t been able to find it out in the wild for years!!!
Here is all I have on me ATM. It will be a while before I find anymore.
I put them all here even though I don't like this upload place.
I will keep looking for more!
https://mega.nz/folder/GFM1BQTI#lSe5Ch7AlnkNmVBYjI-ONA

P.s. What is that game with the elevator that your hero gets in and as it goes up to the top floor,
it stops and a little demon clerk gets on with a clip board mumbling to himself,

door closes and he gets off on about the 6th floor still mumbling to himself,

and the elevator continues to the top floor while your hero just thinks to himself
"What the hell was that?" That game was hilarious! Anyone know? please tell me!

I still have that elevator music stuck in my head from a 1960's or 1970's game show or dating show? Enjoy!

P.s.s. Where are all of the Phantasy star 1-4 character sprites and battle rips?

I had an Idea about a continuation of PSII since no one knows what became of the heroes after Noah Dungeon!
I think I figured it out,and BTW..The humans Lied!
Earth is still where it was but it is heavily polluted and almost nothing can survive on the planet!
And the Moon and Mars and Jupiter's Moons are all or once were inhabited!

But why is there a world ship clearly built by Palman technology crashed on earths moon?
When the last battle was ended and all of the evil corrupted humans fell, Shir ,Rudo, Anna died...But useless Hugh,Rolf,Amy,Kain lived through it all.
Some of the human population still exists And Something else Survived....Still full of hate! Lutz managed to send one final message through to Rolf.."Guard the Nei weapons at all costs!" "Laconia does not exist in that Galaxy!"
(I want to know how they drew all of the stuff they used in 20 yrs after and what program they used?)
I assure you..Give me the tools and I will take you and our heroes on the ride of your lives! He He!

(Addit) Yes it is! The Eternal Struggle! Also as always, These are old downloads so PLEASE V scan first before you use them! Usually just the .Exe .
Did some research and stumbled upon an old subdomain at hosting service free.fr where a to-be-investigated amount of games is hosted. Found it by digging deep into history of Oniromancie (RPG-Maker.fr) because I searched for two specific older versions of Final Fantasy 0 that are completely different in story and effort from the one that got released at end of 2005 (for which I still have all the original splitted files matching last patch of feb 2006 that the creators put onto MegaUpload back when it released). If you remember that thing. This big french fangame with incredible cutscenes, traced anime characters, a cardgame being thrown in and holy macaroni boring field/battle core-gameplay coming straight from hell.

※ Below, replace "★" with dot ("."), "☆" with slash ("/").

At first there is the demo from ~2001. Still very basic, uses default battle system, fancy graphics are way less. Mostly feeling like any other RPG Maker game from that time. It's confusing that there is MP3 BGM inside, but if you replace RPG_RT.exe with a 1.50 / 1.51 (which WASN'T a thing at the time!) you can listen to the music while playing without converting to WAV beforehand.
black★kingdom★free★fr☆jeux☆FinalFantasy0★rar

Another one from ~2003. Custom battles different from 2005 and does a big blast of bewitching your eyes with colorful maps, cutscenes and a nonsense fake-loading-progress-bar.
black★kingdom★free★fr☆jeux☆FinalFantasy02★rar

The second one is still available on RPG-Maker.fr (repacked as ZIP). Also there is an obscure version of this demo that was to be found on now-defunct RPG-Maker-Quartier (german) with the exact same content (+RTP files), but... it was packed / protected with "Instyler" (means: single file extracting itself to Temp directory, then runs and deletes the game afterwards, it's like running a shitty version of Molebox with all the pesky stuff but without any real protection) and double the size because the exact same music tracks are way bigger in this one (though being WAVs in both cases).

~炬燵あ
Hello.
I don't really understand what you're looking for.
The second version can still be found on Oniromancie, as you know. The first version was also on the site, but it has been hidden by the site administrator when we found the final version (2005). I'll ask him to unhide it, since it's different from the two others, as free is on the decease side.
Because I'm not searching, just wanted to talk about that I already found it since Demo-2001 and Demo-2003 are not listed in the mainposts of first thread-page here.

~炬燵あ
author=michale4267
(Addit) Yes it is! The Eternal Struggle!

Aw, man - thanks! I thought it was lost forever.

I just played a little bit of it a few hours ago to see if it still holds up and it's surprisingly still pretty good! The mapping is actually much better than I thought, too.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cmdgt1zpp0o9t/Mega+up

New link Just in case! Enjoy!

About that Final Fantasy Nes trick!
Just make a red mage and play till you get the promotion to Red Wizard, then once you get to part where you are in the past,
fight The Lich and then Kary the fire fiend once and exit back out to the world,
Go back to Leifen where you get nuke and now you can buy it for him! Easy!
The other trick for getting the second masmune is done inside the water shrine! Walk through the whole dungeon without grabbing any chests!
Fight the Kraken,beat his sorry self,then do not warp out at the warp zone behind him!!!(Not sure about this next part)
Open the chest directly next to the stone slab (whatever it was called in the nes version!)
Not sure! I know the chest is like 10 or 20 gold! then leaving the slab chest alone,
(Not sure about this next part either!)
Open one of the two Light axe chests to get the Masmune? Not sure which chest or if this is the correct way to do it!
But one of the two chests glitches and you get a masmune instead of a light axe!) This trick was printed in a magazine way back in 1989 or 1990!
Under programmmer tricks and tips!
Does anyone remember it exactly? I wish I could have wrote it down! thanks!
I will play test that second trick but one way or another..IT DOES WORK!
Best way would most likely be a save state in an emulator!
Hej!
I'm currently doing some extensive research using the Wayback Machine and managed to dig up plenty of old pre-2k RPG Maker games.
I don't know if anyone has been looking for them but archived anything I could find on rmarchiv.de

Most notable findings:
..among many others (also a lot of old french stuff)

I expect more to turn up once my crawler is finished with the french scene, so I can use my resources to focus on some old english-language sites...

Now to my request:
Especially Angels Four does make a very good impression. Custom graphics, music, videos, etc. + a nice story. This game had a full release but I could only find the demo version. If anyone does have a copy or some pointers to old sites this game was hosted on, please contact me.

author=KotatsuAkira
At first there is the demo from ~2001. Still very basic, uses default battle system, fancy graphics are way less. Mostly feeling like any other RPG Maker game from that time. It's confusing that there is MP3 BGM inside, but if you replace RPG_RT.exe with a 1.50 / 1.51 (which WASN'T a thing at the time!) you can listen to the music while playing without converting to WAV beforehand.
black★kingdom★free★fr☆jeux☆FinalFantasy0★rar

@KotatsuAkira:
Coincidentally, I uploaded that same first demo of Final Fantasy 0 on rmarchiv yesterday, with my recent batch of old french games. I just compared them to see if they differ and it seems the one from "black★kingdom★free★fr" was modified slightly (.ldb & .lmt have timestamps from 2004 while the original files were last touched in 2001). If you are crazy about old versions of games like myself, you should check that one out: https://rmarchiv.de/games/2547

I posted this on r/tipofmyjoystick, too, but I figure I may have better luck posting it in a place specifically for helping dig up old RPG Maker titles, which this game definitely at least had the look of, though I can't say with confidence whether it was actually made with any RPG Maker engine. I hope it's alright if I just copy and paste the description here. The game was from sometime in the 2000s, though I can't remember with much more specificity than that.

Genre: Turn-based JRPG

Estimated year of release: I actually don't know if the game got released; I think what I saw was a YouTube preview trailer for a work in progress, but I can say that that was almost certainly from the 2000s.

Graphics/art style: 16-bit pixel art; think SNES, Genesis, GBA, etc. It had a similar sort of look to the sort of rough-ish non-commercial pixel art of the time (2000s). I want to say the proportions were similar to something like Chrono Trigger or the two SNES Mana games, though the art style was noticeably different.

Notable characters: Only one (presumably-)named character I can recall; the central protagonist of the game, or at least the focal character of the trailer who was talked up as such. He had roughly shoulder-length (maybe a little shorter) red or auburn hair in a surprisingly grounded style, and a dusty brown cloak, and was going to be something of an antihero or villain protagonist according to the trailer. He started out very strong, with four-digit HP and dealing four-digit damage. I recall these numbers carrying roughly the same weight they usually do in classic Final Fantasy.

Notable gameplay mechanics: For a certain value of "notable"; I vaguely recall the preview battle showcasing ATB combat akin to Final Fantasies IV through IX, with the same sort of display as IV through VI on account of being 2D, but I'm not positive. In general, it seemed to be largely the same type of JRPG as the first nine or ten Final Fantasy titles, the Dragon Quest series, etc. A "classic third-person turn-based JRPG", I suppose.

Other details: I recall the scenes showcased in the trailer taking place in desert terrain. The main protagonist (described under "Notable Characters") was being pursued by soldiers, I think he had escaped the custody of whatever group the soldiers served? In particular, a scene where he's confronted by soldiers from that faction in a desert canyon and proceeds to wipe the floor with them sticks out in my mind. The locations on display gave me similar vibes to Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children's depiction of the wasteland surrounding Midgar/Edge, but I don't actually recall the game being said to take place in Final Fantasy VII's world. I can't say for sure if it did or didn't; I just don't recall anything that would concretely specify one way or the other, though my impression was that the setting was original. Overall, the whole thing was strongly infused with the sort of sense of "cool" you'd expect of a teen- to college-aged fan of Japanese animation and video games in the 2000s, if that makes sense. Text in the footage may not have been in English; if not, I think it would have been in one of the romance languages, but I can't recall with enough clarity to say which one.

Note that I'm recalling this from over a decade ago at this point, so a lot of it is very hazy, almost more concepts and feelings than really concrete recollections. I'm also not actually 100% confident it was a Final Fantasy fan project; it might've just been "inspired by" Final Fantasy instead. I do want to clarify that I know for a fact that it was not...
  • Final Fantasy Endless Nova
  • Either game in the Final Fantasy: Tales of Magic duology
  • Final Fantasy Blackmoon Prophecy
  • Final Fantasy 0 (French fangame that I think only got as far as a trailer) has a similar sort of vibe to it and is from the right general time frame but I don't think that's it.
  • It's definitely not an official, commercial title. This was absolutely an indie endeavor, I'm certain of that much.
  • I was able to get in touch with the person who was making Final Fantasy: Hellbeast Moon and confirm that it's not that, either. They did say that the description I posted here sounds vaguely familiar to them, too, although they don't really remember it... so that at least is a point in favor of it having been a real thing at some point.

It's really bugging me that I can't remember this—heck, I can't even be sure this whole thing isn't some sort of imagined memory or misremembering of a dream or something—and I don't know any keywords that would be helpful, since searching for things like "Final Fantasy fan game villain protagonist" just gets stuff like "Final Fantasy protagonists/villains ranked" articles, lists of newer fangames I'm already aware of and that aren't it, etc. Any help is appreciated!
uhmmmm let's see those I remember...

Final Fantasy Dreams has a lone red haired protagonist but after the prologue you play as Cloud + Leon + Tifa. So probably not.
Final Fantasy Unknown & Final Fantasy Spirits of Darkness also had a red haired protagonist but... nothing of the rest seems to match.
Final Fantasy VII : Une autre histoie & Final Fantasy VII Origin have no red haired characters, from what I remember...

Are you sure it was a Final Fantasy fangame?
at first it looked like Theia the Crimson Eclipse!
When did Theia come out? That kinda looks too new to be it, though I also don’t know how long it was in development.

I’m not actually sure it was a Final Fantasy fangame, no! I VAGUELY recall it being one, but this is all from over a decade ago so I’m not at all sure on that count.
author=Starlight36
When did Theia come out? That kinda looks too new to be it, though I also don’t know how long it was in development.

it was in development from 2008 to 2015. But yeah, it may be too new.

author=Starlight36
I’m not actually sure it was a Final Fantasy fangame, no! I VAGUELY recall it being one, but this is all from over a decade ago so I’m not at all sure on that count.

Uhm the "redhead villain protagonist" reminds to me of The Cerebral Symphony but it's even more recent...
That doesn't look like it, either... Hmm...

Maybe my recollection is too vague to be of help or to like, actually correspond to real things, haha

Thanks a bunch for your help, by the way!

(Incidentally, that's a rad custom Fire Emblem portrait you have as your avatar! Did you make it, or did someone else? It's cool and well-made either way!)
FF The Phoenix Prophecies is the only one that comes to mind with a red hair protagonist, might be a long shot:

https://rpgmaker.net/games/490/
author=Darken
FF The Phoenix Prophecies is the only one that comes to mind with a red hair protagonist, might be a long shot:

https://rpgmaker.net/games/490/
This is probably the right sort of art style and I could definitely see the main character's face having looked like this, but none of the specific screenshots shown here really strike me as "it"... FFTPP looks to have a lot of cool greens while the colors I primarily remember of this game were dusty beiges and browns, but this also shows just a few areas.

If it helps, I've actually done some sketchy doodles of what I recall the main protagonist looking like. Bear in mind that this is an approximation and may not be exact (and also it's in my art style instead of that of the character designer/pixel artist of whatever project I'm remembering). Any resemblance to Kris from Deltarune is purely coincidental since this memory's been with me since before Undertale came out, haha

If this project was a real thing and whoever was making it sees this, uh, I hope you like this fanart of your character?

author=Starlight36
It's really bugging me that I can't remember this—heck, I can't even be sure this whole thing isn't some sort of imagined memory or misremembering of a dream or something—and I don't know any keywords that would be helpful, since searching for things like "Final Fantasy fan game villain protagonist" just gets stuff like "Final Fantasy protagonists/villains ranked" articles, lists of newer fangames I'm already aware of and that aren't it, etc. Any help is appreciated!

There's a long list of FF-Fangames on Makerpendium. Maybe it's one of those:
https://www.makerpendium.de/index.php/Final_Fantasy
Just piping up to say Final Fantasy 0 got way past just a trailer. It's a tour de force in terms of programming, but was not much fun to play. Might have been better had I know French. Feel a bit sorry for the guy who clearly put so much work into it.
author=michale4267
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cmdgt1zpp0o9t/Mega+upNew link Just in case! Enjoy!

About that Final Fantasy Nes trick!
Just make a red mage and play till you get the promotion to Red Wizard, then once you get to part where you are in the past,
fight The Lich and then Kary the fire fiend once and exit back out to the world,
Go back to Leifen where you get nuke and now you can buy it for him! Easy!
The other trick for getting the second masmune is done inside the water shrine! Walk through the whole dungeon without grabbing any chests!
Fight the Kraken,beat his sorry self,then do not warp out at the warp zone behind him!!!(Not sure about this next part)
Open the chest directly next to the stone slab (whatever it was called in the nes version!)
Not sure! I know the chest is like 10 or 20 gold! then leaving the slab chest alone,
(Not sure about this next part either!)
Open one of the two Light axe chests to get the Masmune? Not sure which chest or if this is the correct way to do it!
But one of the two chests glitches and you get a masmune instead of a light axe!) This trick was printed in a magazine way back in 1989 or 1990!
Under programmmer tricks and tips!
Does anyone remember it exactly? I wish I could have wrote it down! thanks!
I will play test that second trick but one way or another..IT DOES WORK!
Best way would most likely be a save state in an emulator!

Thank you again for this michale4267♥

I apologize for the wait, been sort of busy the last few weeks. I downloaded what you had uploaded to Mega.NZ. I will also look at the mediafire link as well. This sounds like a really cool trick, I will check out retromags to see if i can find where the trick was printed.

Again thank you for your hardwork! :)

It's really cool to run into someone who still remembers this old stuff.