OLD/LOST RPGMAKER GAMES - SEGNIN'S RARE/OBSCURE RM GAMES REQUEST TOPIC

LordBlueRouge in time I am hoping to get my stuff up here from NC and then we will have even more old stuff like Destiny's call original,Wild arms Artefact quest,And whatever the heck that game is I keep asking about on here! I laughed so hard!

That Final fantasy trick was most likely in Gamepro or one of those old 1990
nintendo programmer secrets books or magazines ,
I'm thinking a black cover type! Maybe even EGM ,
I only wish someone else could remember or actually have a copy of that guide!

Someone has to have Phantasy Star Dark Prophecy! Even back then I never found that one!

Even when I make my own Phantasy star game, It will not be named Phantasy star.

It will be named The Dark Force Origins story. It will go back to when his dark

energy manifested and explain how and why it came into being and also how the

earthlings played a part in the grand scheme of things and our own history and

future as the Parmians/Palmans turn out to be the Thirteenth Tribe!

I really Liked Phantasy Star... 20 Years Past! But we really need to create the macro script for projects like this to make it more authentic.

All I need to get is a program to let me draw the characters the way they did because this game will have all new people and story lines interwoven because of the time travel aspect!

And lets face it,I am no programmer,but i am a decent story teller and can come up with some really bizarre concepts and dialog to make this a reality.

All I am wanting is some good character designs for the lead characters,like Chaz/Rudy's future descendent and others!

And most of the older characters who play a part in all of it! Old vehicles and New ones too ,Like that submarine and even an earth digger!

Also as an Ex-roman Catholic I will not pull any punches Telling these Palmans who and what really is and why it is!

And why we call their galaxy The Demon star,because even with our best telescopes ,

what may look like 3 stars orbiting each other to our best scientists,They are in fact actual planets!
And the event that created Palma the planet in the first place,

Is just about to happen again because the formation of those three planets are necessary to keep the profound darkness locked away forever,and the cycle of heroes every thousand years in continuity!

In fact I dare someone to give me the motivation to complete this story visage because all will be in for the ride of their life with this game! LOL!

No rush,maybe a little at a time! Chapters seem to be the best way to go,but with the ability to go back to those events to unlock even more quests and story lines!

And yes there will be cultural references and some very special guests! Music wise we need some remixes of some favorite classic songs from the whole series and even the online incarnations!
I wonder if I could talk Skrillex into some unique music his own way since part of this will take place in 2012! believe me I will Dare to ask! Mad Crazy Electronic Bass For The NEW Improved Dark Force battles and we need Metal rock versions too! And music for the various earth years parts of this Since the PS III world ships arrived in our Galaxy via the black hole, The first around 1945 and the second around 1967! You do the math! This could be Awesome!

And maybe even Class changes and abilities,such as Techniques work in the Sol galaxy,but to a lesser extent because of our yellow sun,but True magic does not until they are back in The algol solar system.

Characters to include A palman Male or female,a Desorian,A motavian,An esper,And an earthling that loves big guns and many others!

Your party will be based on your own choices!

Final Fantasy VI eat this!LOL!

Multi party teams to accomplish Tasks and fight battles so enjoy!

I will not give up until this becomes a reality so bet on that!

TO EVERYONE ,Thank you for allowing this Krazy old 53yr old gamer to become part of OUR REAL WORLD!
I was always told, Become the change you want in the world ,and never follow fools!

And as I now know for real, Seeing is NOT Believing ,Believing IS SEEING! We all possess this power and Have since the beginning of time!

Too many have forgotten and we Really need to wake people up! "Come Iason!" Miracle warrriors,LOL! Peace be with you all!

"And if you find that you don't like my ways, well you can send me back in 30 days! Run Dmc kickin it oldskool!" Hey, my dad was a record collector and I used to be a radio D.J. for seven years! LOL!

And LordBlueRouge ,It's not EVEN hard work,It is a labor of love for Rpgs!
All started with Dungeons and Dragons 1st addition! We can only hope!
author=hedge1
Just piping up to say Final Fantasy 0 got way past just a trailer. It's a tour de force in terms of programming, but was not much fun to play. Might have been better had I know French. Feel a bit sorry for the guy who clearly put so much work into it.
Sorry to disappoint, but the game feels as long being french, the fault to the visual novel feeling.
The gameplay is impressive, but could have been shortened (the thing to hit a "rock" before actually dealing damage to a foe with long turns with all scenes could have been erased). There are actually two brothers behind the game (Thierry and Rémy Nguyem), though one of them was indeed the programmer.
I've been looking for an ultra-obscure demo named "Legends Showcase" that was hosted on Kamain's World back in June 2005. I can actually find the download link for it with Wayback Machine but obviously it doesn't work anymore, and I can find no other evidence that it exists anywhere else on the internet. There was a specific song in the game I have been trying to find for over a decade! IF anyone has any information on it, it would be much appreciated, but I imagine it's lost to the ages forever.
Just a quick update on my archiving efforts, I have gone through the entirety of RMRK as it is shutting down, although they stated it would still be read-only. I have a listed out every game on there (except abandoned) and downloaded anything that still worked.

I am up to 1600 organized games with about another 1000 items that could possibly be dupes or alternate versions. I am nearly done with RPG Maker Web. And I am working on a scraper for Itch.io via selenium to get those RPG maker games.

As I go I contact whomever I can to get a few here and there.

Also, I had a chat with the guy from Beacon Games and he said if he could find the Gold and Glory games he will give them to me for my archive. So if anyone has those games, please reach out to him here: https://www.facebook.com/BeaconGames

you can send the files to him and then he can give them to me himself (just to know that I am not making anything up)

That's all, I just wanted to let everyone know, I am still going...and going...
Damn, I forgot about RMRK and didn't even realize it even still existed. It was the main way to get rm2k3 RTP back in the day. That's all I really remember.
author=krum110497
Just a quick update on my archiving efforts, I have gone through the entirety of RMRK as it is shutting down, although they stated it would still be read-only. I have a listed out every game on there (except abandoned) and downloaded anything that still worked.

posting and saving in webarchive for anyone who missed the announcement:
https://rmrk.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=vo694kma8iuspq0mj8abssteqn&topic=51671.0

Thanks for the heads up krum110497 ♥
your recent work here has been invaluable ♥, as always, Thank you! :)
Hi, a bit vague but there's an RM2k demo that I had years ago but I don't remember the name. I believe it was on a site that had shut down but had a placeholder of a tonberry saying that it would return one day but I don't think it did. Anyway, here's the vague description: I think it had a CBS and CMS, it was about school-aged characters, I think early on they went to a bowling alley/roller rink or something where the story kicked off, I think the character sprites used the 'tall' style like Chrono Trigger, and it featured midis of Jamiroquai – Virtual Insanity and Coldplay - Trouble, among others I can't think of at the moment.

Another, much more vague description: it used Terranigma graphics for the main character and shrunk him down on the overworld along with the other characters Chrono Trigger style. Probably had a CBS of some kind as well. Demo I'd imagine. That's it haha
I'm looking for an old RPG Maker 2000 game.

It was complete but done in mostly RTP only. Super amateur game with time travel. At one point you go back to the prehistoric age and get chased by a T-Rex.

One of the only things I remember about it is one of the villains. I think he was named Koru. I think he was just some Kefka-like guy who wasn't a bad guy until the heroes accidentally drop the time key in front of him and he starts being able to time travel, so he decides to do evil stuff with it and become one of the final bosses. This happens towards the end of the game. I remember he travels to the future with his medieval henchmen who laughably get shot when they try to use their swords against the modern day soldiers.

Anyone have any idea what this game is? I played it around like 2001 or so, I think?
Just taking a quick look at the most wanted list, I for sure have these games:
  • The Eternal Struggle
  • Dark Age of the Prophecy 3.2
  • Legacy of Fafnir
  • Reign of the Demon King
  • Final Fantasy- The Power of Chaos
  • Tales of the Wind

I still have a ton more files to wade through, so I might have some more that are abbreviated, I won't know until I get through this backlog of installers and zips.
author=krum110487
  • The Eternal Struggle

• Legacy of Fafnir

• Tales of the Wind

I still have a ton more files to wade through, so I might have some more that are abbreviated, I won't know until I get through this backlog of installers and zips.

Legacy of Fafnir? Cool I remember seeing that old mess of the Angelfire site! But nothing else!
Really curious to try it
Kind of curious, but did anything from RPG Tsukūru Dante 98 manage to survive?

Also how many Rpg Maker 95 games are currently lost?
author=TheRpgmakerAddict
author=krum110487
  • The Eternal Struggle
  • Legacy of Fafnir
  • Tales of the Wind

Legacy of Fafnir? Cool I remember seeing that old mess of the Angelfire site! But nothing else!
Really curious to try it

Here you go (untested)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aAF6eGyBUZ-ucNFk_mIiytS_E9GbJCLT/view?usp=sharing
author=Kaliesto

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U9p54Oz303p0lqtEX76AB2ODT9B1HSGDOp7o8uvfMqU/edit#gid=0

as far as 95 goes here's a small list of known/unknowns.
author=Kaliesto

A few weeks ago I did some research into it and compiled a list of around 200 known games that are currently lost:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1btHs7mSCRthMiCTDLq48_jzO21l7CgQDhECC5Iaxi3I/edit#gid=0

Some have been found and uploaded to rmachiv.de since then. Among the last few recovered (Thanks to scene veteran Ok Impala!) was "Dreamer" by Geluhvsgatsiskwa. One of the earliest games that has some compelling writing. :)

EDIT:
I also came across VideoWizard's old reports about the first RPG Maker contests, the Falcate Awards, and documented them on Makerpendium. Many of those are still lost and would be great to rediscover. Games like Alpha: MFG which scored 98% in Comedic Writing or Temple of the Druids which came in second place...

https://www.makerpendium.de/index.php/Falcate_RPG_Contest

EDIT 2:
Here's some old russian site that features 2 games made with Dante 98. Took some time to find it in my browsing history:

http://retropc98.narod.ru/soft/dante.htm
author=krum110487
author=TheRpgmakerAddict
author=krum110487
  • The Eternal Struggle

• Legacy of Fafnir

• Tales of the Wind

Really curious to try it
Here you go (untested)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aAF6eGyBUZ-ucNFk_mIiytS_E9GbJCLT/view?usp=sharing

thanx a lot!
oh and when you have time pls post the others
I usually share them on Rmarchiv.de (where I archived some very rare finds)
I'm going to upload everything to IA, but once I get through my backlog I will post a list of everything I have. I have like 900 files to check right now, like 150 to install and then I need to find authors for every game I can.

I have a lot of work, but I am almost 2400 deep worth of games that are "done" (Give or take) so I am progressing.
author=krum110487
I'm going to upload everything to IA, but once I get through my backlog I will post a list of everything I have. I have like 900 files to check right now, like 150 to install and then I need to find authors for every game I can.

I have a lot of work, but I am almost 2400 deep worth of games that are "done" (Give or take) so I am progressing.

Awesome! I have lots too that I keep archived (also on mediafire) but I never heard some you mentioned previously
I've got quite a few that are not on the missing list on the first page, like a few hundred or so that are just not accounted for as missing or otherwise. Then I probably have 50 or so of the missing so far (I am estimating entirely) and a few of the Most wanted.

A lot of newer ones of course, and I am getting duplicate versions so that brings my numbers up a bit. I should be able to catch up on my backlog by end of next week or so, I will post a full list of what I have and you can send me a list of anything you want, I will just put those up on IA right away. I also want to make sure I don't have any commercial content on there, last thing I want to do is put up a paid game for free.

I want to put out 2 versions, 1 untouched, as-is and another where we do stuff to make it run, like use EasyRPG or other patched stuff to make it work. The biggest thing I want to do is remove RTP files from the modified version. I'm going to play with relative paths in the registry to see if I can get the exe's to play nice in a portable way that way it just works on the registry. Even if I have to modify the registry temporarily before running the game.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cmdgt1zpp0o9t/Mega+up

The Eternal Struggle ,Legacy of Fafnir, Reign of the Demon King
in my download list on mediafire, enjoy!