OLD/LOST RPGMAKER GAMES - SEGNIN'S RARE/OBSCURE RM GAMES REQUEST TOPIC

Reincarnation
1) Yes, still missing.

2) Some games were archived. You can find Ill natured 2 in the first page of this topic (https://mega.nz/file/ZeIU0RBB#sq7hM8MN9JOhhKq-GQyrAR_bLMLxvOh43_zi6-mT-zA). It's the one mentioned by krum.
I don't know about Elysian Fields, but you have this old boy saved https://archive.org/details/ElysianFields.

About Anaryu's games:
Since his website is down, here are the game you can still find (the wayback links might be incomplete):
- Boutalles (ace, 2012) open version, might contain bugs: https://web.archive.org/web/20201205171238/http://anamei.net/files/Boutalles.proj.zip
- Forlorn Manor (xp, 2009) (RMN Gamepage)
- Aetherion (xp, 2011) in free games bundle 2
- Ginger (unity, 2014) => there was a mac version, too.
- In Arcem Miseria (Unity, Windows and Mac)
- Draught (game maker, 2017) => dropbox link + rmn)
- Midnight Realm (game maker, 2009)
- Lux Licentia (game maker, 2010) 2 resolutions, this one is the smallest (800*600)
- Lost Universe (game maker, 2009)
- Oh No, Asteroids! (unity, web and downloadable, 2012)
- Oubilette (unity, 2015) dropbox+rmn
- Recondite: The Phantasm Emporium (ace, 2017) dropbox+rmn
- SkyE (vx, 2008)
- _ (unity, windows and mac, 2016) dropbox+rmn

Not found (but still have a copy):
- Avarice (vx, 2009) => standart version, other versions existed (chill...)

Not found (don't have them):
- Boutalles Together (unity, 2013)
- Cast Aside (xp, 2009) => lastest is 2.5 (e/5 episodes), but other demos were released.
- Death Wish (unity, 2013)
- Gravity (game maker, 2008)
- Outlaw City (xp, 2008) original and updated versions
- Outlaw, Dark Past (xp, 2008)
- Paper Cut (game maker, 2010)
- World Outside (xp, 2007) aquatorrent might have it (answer in the topic)
Thanks I hadn't noticed ill natured 2 returned for some reason usually I do a ctrl+f. Is ill natured 1 missing? I notice the download link has gone.

Elysian Fields (listed on RPGinfinity) was an rm2k game about Cain. I believe it used some resources from ill natured though it's too long to recall. I'm guessing the only one with a copy is probably those who ran Rpginfinity.
Hello, I was wondering if anyone still has copies of the Quest Fantasy series of VX Ace parody games made around 2013 and 2014, since most of the links on the TV Tropes page for the series are not working.
There's 7 games total; I could download 3 of them (Quest Fantasy, Quest Fantasy Love Plus Shoujo Edition, and Fate Demon), but the links for the rest of them are either down (Final Dragon and Mystic Infinity) or access is denied to the drive file (Xenospire and Quest Fantasy: Era Ovation Acceptance). I'll try asking for permission for the last two but I don't think I could find the other two elsewhere. I'd like to replay Mystic Infinity in particular, so I'd appreciate it if someone still had them and could share them.
Update: the game's creator has responded and has granted me access to the file for Quest Fantasy: EOA. They still have the other games on an old computer, so they may be archived at some point in the future.
Hi. I stumbled upon this thread with the intension of researching a seemingly "disturbing" lost RM game; but immediately after I got intrigued by the picture of Nightside Wallflower that was posted here; even more so after saying that there is no info about it. Like, legitimately NOTHING.

I decided to do some surface level research to corroborate and, while the game seems to have vanished off the internet, I did found something interesting in another forum. I honestly don't know how reliable this information is, though, so don't take it at face value...

Apparently the game was developed for RM2k3 and it was going to come out around late 2004/early 2005 (judging by the date on the forum anyways). The user actually linked a forum entry of presumably the developer(s) of the game showcasing it, but said forum entry is long gone. I tried to put it through the Wayback Machine, but it was never archived. I'm not quite sure of how "correct" it is to link another forum in here (literally my first time writing on here), so, if there's an issue with the link, I'll take it down as fast as possible. Here's the forum entry.

The game was also mentioned in this same forum before and the picture comes from someone calling the graphics ugly, which sure was unexpected since I found the screenshot quite intriguing. Here.

Definitely, information about it is extremely hard to find; if not impossible, especially due to the game's supposed age.

I don't know if this will interest someone or if the entry is still open, but I'll share it anyways just in case.
Hello, folks, how are you?
I'm trying to find this game
https://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?78323-Sonic-RPG-Demo-2-Complete

I don't know if was completed. Can you help me, please?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
"Sonic RPG Demo 2" is a title that would make a specific instance of game harder to find, I think. The links on the website you linked to, I tried running through the Wayback Machine. I'm sad to report that it didn't archive any of the files, from what I can tell. I stumbled across a mediafire link on this page that seemed promising, but, only the web page was available through the Wayback Machine, not the file it was supposed to host.

For what it's worth, Superstrider made a third demo of their Sonic RPG, which was apparently only ever hosted on megaupload. The download page is down, of course, and I don't have much hope in the Wayback Machine having a copy either, considering.
author=Marrend
"Sonic RPG Demo 2" is a title that would make a specific instance of game harder to find, I think. The links on the website you linked to, I tried running through the Wayback Machine. I'm sad to report that it didn't archive any of the files, from what I can tell. I stumbled across a mediafire link on this page that seemed promising, but, only the web page was available through the Wayback Machine, not the file it was supposed to host.

For what it's worth, Superstrider made a third demo of their Sonic RPG, which was apparently only ever hosted on megaupload. The download page is down, of course, and I don't have much hope in the Wayback Machine having a copy either, considering.

Yeah, i've tried too and no sucess, unfortunately.
Hello! I'm searching everywhere for game called Savior Knight Legends: Mage's Quest. Can't find it though...
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
All the download links I'm finding for Savior Knight - Mage's Quest are defunct. I only found two, though, from my Google-fu. One on an Anglefire site, and the other was in the software sea.

*Edit: For what it's worth, I see it listed in SegNin's list o' games, under "1st Folder" and "2nd Folder". However, I'm not sure how much that actually helps, considering SegNin's absence for 8 or so years now.

;_;
I've two versions of it, so it's probably in one of the drives (hedge, darken, TheGameArchivist or another one). I could give a link later.

Edit: Here you go (15 days duration).
With the latest Mother 4 game announcement (not to be confused with Oddity) I went into a big rabbit hole and looked into rpgmaker earthbound fangames/clones:

https://rpgmakerhistoria.home.blog/2021/12/05/a-history-on-rpg-maker-earthbound-likes-and-fan-games-part-one/

Nobody asked for them but I also recovered two fangames:

Earthbound: Ness's Legacy (Scalding Cup of Coffee) (RM2K) (2002)
Mother 3 and a Third (Secret00A) (RM2K) (2002)
Thanks guys. I grabbed Gari's and Darken's most recent downloads. I'll try and update it along with the request sections this as soon as my health improves.

I'm not sure how long it's been available for, but through a chance glance on twitter, we finally found the original Relic Walker? (I think the original the creator reuploaded it recently?) It may have just been an issue of being lost in translation, who knows. But it feels cool to finally be able to mark it off the list.

Trailer:

Download
Creator's twitter?
Creator's new website?

...Can we get this dude to join RMN?
author=Azierl
Hello! I'm searching everywhere for game called Savior Knight Legends: Mage's Quest. Can't find it though...
https://mega.nz/folder/GFM1BQTI#lSe5Ch7AlnkNmVBYjI-ONA
Savior Knight Mage's quest is in this!
I had a conversation with a friend recently where I vaguely recalled a demo that I played during highschool (~2012-2016). I'll try to describe it as best I can, but take everything with a grain of salt.

Its icon was of a stylized, bright red bow. The beginning of the game is the main character, a small girl, in her room. Something happens, and she's transported to a grim, desolate canyon. She's either accompanied by her stuffed animal as a party member, or simply carries it around. In this canyon, she meets a young boy who is entirely invisible. I remember the RPG mechanics themselves quite well, as they were incredibly stressful. You had 1 single attack that was consistent, with very low accuracy, and all other attacks were made by using items you found on the ground, or in various locations. The enemies were not... usual RPG enemies, but I can't remember what was so unusual about them. Either way, the main difficulty of the game was rationing your scarce resources.
After the canyon, the invisible boy is left behind somehow, and the main character moves onto a grassland. The grass is tall and unnaturally spiky, in fact, due to the main character's lack of footwear, she takes damage just by moving, and significant portions of the area are set up like a maze. At some point, her stuffed animal takes critical damage, and must be repaired in a graphic mini-game. This area also introduces another child. The main character either has to carry her stuffed animal, the other child, or both at some point.
The next area is a poisonous swamp. After struggling through the swamp for a while, the main character meets a mermaid, or at least some kind of child crossed with an aquatic animal. The demo either ends as you meet this child, or continues until the end of the swamp area, where the kid helps you by swimming across gaps you cannot.
The game's art was also very good. It was all hand-made, no vanilla assets that I could tell. I also do not recall if it was an RPG maker game or not, please tell me if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Has anyone heard of a game like this? I'd love to know if they ever finished it, or simply play the demo again. It was so perfect at capturing the feeling of dread and powerlessness that I've thought of it ever since.
Thank you ever so kindly.
author=LordBlueRouge
I'm not sure how long it's been available for, but through a chance glance on twitter, we finally found the original Relic Walker? (I think the original the creator reuploaded it recently?) It may have just been an issue of being lost in translation, who knows. But it feels cool to finally be able to mark it off the list.

It took the creator 19 years to complete the game, 1.00 was released just before you posted this.

It's awesome to see some old legendary gems finally coming back once in a while.

~炬燵あ
I'm just gonna post so you guys know where I stand with this thread currently:
It's going to be awhile before I update this thread properly again. Updates will be very slow, if any at all.

Not only am I currently recovering from a really bad illness, but one of my immediate family members passed away this year.
So, what I'm saying is that it's going to be one of those years - take things slow if you can.

If you can help, I appreciate it. but I'm not expecting much at this point, I think it's more important just to get through, what we're going through right now.

I was thinking of eventually moving the rpgmaker request stuff to reddit and creating something similar to https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmyjoystick/.
It's kind of a bigger version of what the escapist had, where you describe the game, possibly the year it came out and one of the members tries to find it. I've already posted 3 games there and they were able to find all of them, even one that was exclusively sold as a canadian french education software title.

I think this format might be better suited for what we're doing here with rpgmaker games, because it's a lot easier to look through old cases instead of having to update the main thread every time a request is made. But yeah, if I can get to this, we'll see.

Just, take things slow this year, everyone.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
I noticed that the RTP files linked in the Master List are broken, and also the lack of the so-called RTP Add-on for RM2K.

https://rpgmaker.net/users/KingArthur/locker/rtp.exe - RM2K RTP
https://rpgmaker.net/users/KingArthur/locker/RTP132e.exe - RM2K RTP Add-on

I've had these uploaded (RM2K RTP and RTP Add-on) for ages, specifically for archival purposes, so if you would like to link them instead please feel free to do so. They are the original files that Don Miguel provided almost 22 years ago.

I would like to also provide the RM2K3 RTP by RPG Advocate, but he bundled that into RM2K3's installer and obviously I can't provide that. If there's interest or demand I can zip up the installed RTP files separately, and maybe also provide a .reg Windows Registry file to add any appropriate registry keys if that's necessary.

Regarding moving this to Reddit, I would like to strongly oppose the proposal. The internet is getting far too centralized as it is, and Reddit is one of the players guilty of pushing this trend. Putting archival efforts into one, central location outside of the RM community's control means the entire thing can (and will) disappear when Reddit dies. Let's not do that.

Reddit would also be very bad for reasons besides "all eggs in one basket", but I digress. That's a discussion for another time.

Also, my sincere condolences for your loss. Take it easy.

Thanks KingArthur♥, I just added mirrors linking back to rmn lockerspace (I originally had them, and a bunch of other stuff uploaded on googledrive, but for some reason the links become dormant after awhile - they should work now) But ya, I'll make a copy of what you have here, thank you for this.

As for the reddit stuff, I apologize, didn't mean the entire archive, just the searching and requesting rpgmakers games, part. For example, here's a link to one of the requests I made for arcade game I played back in 93. They were able to look for it very quickly based on the format and the description:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmyjoystick/comments/py679z/arcade19901993_first_person_2d_sprites_scifi/

It's just an idea at this point though. I think it'd be cool to try, just cause there might be more eyes on it and it'd cut down on having to update the first page with requests which is already filled with a lot of stuff.

I dunno if I'll get around to this though, again, this is just an idea.
author=KyleLascar
Before this turns into a running gag: I've finally completed Utopian Chaos, but it wasn't a glorious playthrough. :D Due to a bug that allowed me to access a certain part of the world map early, I accidentally did some sequence breaking, which probably messed up some of the switches. As I tried to solve this problem by using transfer events, more problems occurred. Suddenly, I wasn't able to pass through certain doors in dungeons, so I had to use transfer events, messing up even more of the switches over time. By doing this, I finally locked myself out of the good ending, but hey: Why bother when you can use a transfer event to reach the good ending? This certainly marks my darkest hour as a JRPG player, yet it was an intense, unique experience I wouldn't want to have missed. I'm sure people who played Utopian Chaos in 2002 wholly enjoyed this game (provided they were able to reach the end).

By the way: It's probably a good idea to let anyon175 implement the necessary changes, since my version of Utopian Chaos is likely more bugged than any other now. ;)

Oh geez. Cut me some slack, I was like 11 or 10. I know I'm posting this 3 years too late, but I just have to say this. It's amazing anyone in 2018 would play that campy and certainly cringey little game I made so long ago...

And this thread is just fantastic. I had thought my games lost forever in the great "I should not have put a sweater on my laptop and left it running all night"-fiasco of 2012. I'm hitting the big 3-2 in a few days, so I felt a bit nostalgic, decided to google those old games I made so long ago and... Well, it just feels incredible to be able to see them again, so thanks a million to LordBlueRouge.

Psst, LordBlueRouge-Are you someone I used to know back in the olden days? Back when I went by Flash, and then Doctor? I've just read your previous post. Hope things will get better soon. Again, thanks so much for this thread.