OLD/LOST RPGMAKER GAMES - SEGNIN'S RARE/OBSCURE RM GAMES REQUEST TOPIC

Hello, I'm looking for Sacred Garden and Symphonic Rhapsody
Now that I have some free time.I'm gonna try spending this month playing catch up with this. I'm not gonna overhaul it like I did 3 years ago. Last time I did that, it took about 6 months and I don't really have time to do that.

But what I am going to do is make sure I've backed up segnin's latest stuff. add anything that's been added since the last overhaul (I've sort of been doing that already, but I'm gonna double check and make sure.)
Update the most wanted list and other lists, cause a lot of stuff has been found now (Thank you again SegNin XD ❤️).

But yeah, just a simple clean up at the moment. I'm gonna do some small fixes to the google drive list, cause I'm responsible for some of those. Like I didn't notice some links were broken till the list brought it to my attention. So I'm gonna go through that as well.

I just wanna say thanks again to everyone whose been involved with this thread. This was originally Darken's idea. When I originally decided to overhaul this thread back in 2017. Segnin was gone, not only that, but a lot of games started disappearing. Especially the GGZ games.

As I mentioned before, this thread was originally Darken's idea. And it's a really great idea. Because we really do need a reference library for rpgmaker games. I know it was probably laughable back in 2007; why would anyone want to hold onto these old rpgmaker games when most of them are bad?...Well like, most of them are bad, but like, most of them had some really great fucking ideas. Some you could turn into their very own games. I could talk about this for ages, but like, looking at all the different ways peeps tried to create action rpgs in rpgmaker2003 and tried to solve the problem, with hit detection, and tile based movement, is a lot like studying art history.

Before making Final Fantasy Dog, I studied several different final fantasy fan games, just to see how far they got with it, before deciding how to make my own. Like, most of these games are made by hobbyist, working on these things, between school or work. Some of them get released and become really great games and then the creators move onto something else. But most of them are like, really neat tech demos, that worked out some ideas, were never finished, but are very interesting studies to start from - If we don't have this reference library here, you're starting from square one all over again, with rpgmaker.

This is why I felt, this was important, and why I wanted to do everything I could to keep it around. But I never imagined it'd grow into something more than it was. So I get taken by surprised, sometimes, when the archive thread shows up in a blog, or someone made a quote about it or it shows up briefly in a youtube video. I feel super embarrassed about it, because what we have here was never very good - but we're mostly doing it for own sakes.

Like, sometimes you work on something for years and never see anything come from it. So it feels really good to know when you're doing good work. I just want to thank you guys for that and It really means a lot. Things are so different now, from what we had in 2007 when it was just mostly RTP games and snes rips stuffed in an internet forum.

Again, Thank You.

EDIT: Also, thank Darken. XD
Haha thanks. I stole the idea from an equivalent thread back on GamingW (the user URPC I think) but I guess someone on RMN had to do it.

Special thanks to Gari for filling out the rest of the googledocs list with the titles and info, I'll probably use the last day of my holiday to see what I can put in as the download links need to be pasted in and assessed. I'm very bad with my time these days as I'm often distracted by priorities which is why I think it's better to pool whatever time we have together than tackling responsiblities individually.

I really think the googledocs should eventually be the defacto standard as this sort of stuff isn't static and is always needed some continual maintenance or update. Any methods to make it easier on everyone and not rely on one person is important.
author=omegaox
I have an update regarding the Quest Fantasy series, which I posted about last year: the main author of the series has retrieved the lost games and compiled all of them into a single zip file, which can be found here: http://believeinthe.net/Quest%20Fantasy%20Collection.7z
The games have been numbered according to their release date, the font size was fixed for the last title (since the text cut off originally), and the unfinished, unreleased game Radiant Trigger is included. The download contains a text file with some additional information.

I wanted to ask while playing catch up, was anyone able to snag this?

EDIT:
author=Darken
Special thanks to Gari for filling out the rest of the googledocs list with the titles and info,

+2 Great work Gari.

author=Darken
I really think the googledocs should eventually be the defacto standard as this sort of stuff isn't static and is always needed some continual maintenance or update. Any methods to make it easier on everyone and not rely on one person is important.

I'm 100% on board with this. I'm being completely honest here when I say I was never good at the archiving stuff. The most I could ever do here was hold on to stuff and record requests and try to find stuff through old hangouts. SegNin, TheGameArchivist/TheChosenFew, krum110487, Darken, Gari, you guys are the real experts at this ♥.
author=LordBlueRouge
author=omegaox
I have an update regarding the Quest Fantasy series, which I posted about last year: the main author of the series has retrieved the lost games and compiled all of them into a single zip file, which can be found here: http://believeinthe.net/Quest%20Fantasy%20Collection.7z
The games have been numbered according to their release date, the font size was fixed for the last title (since the text cut off originally), and the unfinished, unreleased game Radiant Trigger is included. The download contains a text file with some additional information.
I wanted to ask while playing catch up, was anyone able to snag this?

That link still works, for me anyway.
the OG post said SegNin hasn't been heard from since 2013 are you a ghost?
Visited by the ghosts of segnin past...
Hello, I didn't see the last posts lately. I've begun filling the links, the only thing that will take a lot more time is actually filling the weight, because my computer is having hard time with mega.nz. If someone has a better connexion than mine, I would be grateful for that (and I can complete quietly the links on my spare time).

It would be good to detail what you want for infos in your doc, too, because you might come lazy later, like complete/demo status or works alone (RTP/no RTP). I (self decided) added some columns for those infos. I also know I made some mistakes like the commentaries, but for me it's important to provide a source, knowing that even important websites like rmarchiv can make mistakes (logical considering the number of games).

Also, linking the Alex d'Or list of lost games here, because it's going to be lost in the forums... https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/26689/.
Just know that those games are in French and most have been lost for a long time (games from before 2010). From what I remember (three years ago), normal searches by wayback machine don't work.
Thanks Gari!❤️

Yes, Hi Alexdor ❤️. Yes, Just repost your request and the entire list of missing games from Alex D'Or here, if you can. It'll be easier for us to keep track of. Many times we get requests from discord and other places. When the requests are made in different areas it's harder to keep track of sometimes. it's a lot easier for us if everything is kept in the same place.
Doing some cleanup, you might be interrested by this (for history):

RM2kGames.com, Jully 6th 2001, about Densetsu Re-Done:
"Great! a CBS...
But you can only fight and choose skills...As for the skills,I haven't seen a single one...It's promising and well programmed, but there isn't a lot of choices for the moment..I guess we'll have to wait for the final to see if this games REALLY needs a CBS..."
Just gonna add this here so it doesn't get lost.
Will probably add it to the request thread as well.
Thanks again AlexOdr♥ we'll try and help where we can.

Retrieving 2001 AlexOdor Games (more info):

author=Alexdor
That's why I'm here today and I need your help. About 1096 games, we lost at the beginning approximately 250 of them, which was A LOT.
After months and months, we succeeded in finding all the missing games from 2010 to 2021. But more than 150 games are still missing nowadays. This side of the francophone world of RPG Maker is maybe unknown for most of y'all, but even our French institutions, like the BNF (The National Library of France) is interested in archiving the History of the Franch Game Making.

But sadly, we need to tell it : We are not enough to find all the games who are still available somewhere.

I can give here the list of games we still miss if you want :

in 2001 :
Anges
Crossing Destinies
Dark angel (demo)
Devil's crystals
Evil Ximp
FF Mixed
FF Revelation
Icarus Wings
Je sais pas encore
La légende de Zelda : Zelda Zéro
La légende des éléments
La légende du crystal
Lands of Darkness
Le lien maudit
Le sceptre brisé
Lumiriën, essence de vie
Mensaria : les 7 orbes
Omnipresence (????)
Remember Thyfanie
Shadow of Light
Suikoden (démo)
The final Task
Ultima

A newbie's Quest
A night is anought
Aaron's quest
After X
Alex Quest
Azaziel
Battle of egee
Big boss
Black Angels
Blade Radius
Born of the legend
Climhazard
Crystal Planet
Dark Light
Dbz : The Next Revolution
Dbz l'histoire Version 1
Delivery of Priva
déplacement
Destroy The Paladin
Deus Irae
Dragon Ball Z the legend
Dragon Story
Dragonball, l'histoire
DumbRealityEnchantedAstonishedMad
Eternal: Breath
Fate
FF7 the second incoming
FFWT#1: Kefka's Return
Fight For Revenge
Final Fantasy - Next Generation
Final Fantasy another story
Final Fantasy Hybrid Timeline
Final Fantasy Return of the Dark
Final Fantasy Revelation
Final Fantasy VI : The fate of heroes
Final Fantasy VI: The Jokes of the Heroes
Final Fantasy: A new Story
Free Fates 0
Full Force
Ginyu Force On Earth Z+
Gold Sage
GTA 4
GTA 5
Harvest Moon
Hortega
Hype Fantasy
I've dreamed of a life...
Ifaldamus Saga 6
Ifaldamus Saga 6
In The End Of The Times
Janzekhiel
Jolrens's medals
K A I O U K E N
L'ange des ténèbres
L'éveil d'Hyperion
La légende de la momie
La légende de Sergeï
La quête de Limax
La quête du St-memoria
La vache qui rit
Last Blade RPG
Le chaos du temps
Le Destin du Dragon
Le Dragon d'Asgard
Le Projet Nova
Legend of faria
légend of the héros
Légende Inachevée
Legender
Legion Saga IV
Les Aventures de Fourback
Lufia All Began
Mana Legend
Mana Soul Battle System Demo
Mana:s.o.p
Mind Killer
mysterie lands
NEOPSEN
Nestlas
Nightmare Saga : Darkness
Nouveau sys de combat a la vue rapprocher.
Odec Inverse
Odessa Part Reactor Ancestral
Parallax
Parkko RPG II
Princesse Larguée
Rage of swords
Ragnarok
Real of NightMare
Resident Evil : Code Airemedeca
Revolution of eden
S.d.f. versus S.d.f.
Saint Seiya Rebirth
Saint Seya rpg
Secret Of Mana 0
Shining Tears
Shoot !
Shuridan Hunger
Soul Hunter
SSBM
Star Ocean Zéro
Star wars
Suikode Zero
Suikoden 0
Super Mario Panic
Super Punch Out 2K
Sword of Evil
Tésia: Chronichle of Fate
The Forgotten Realms
The Legend of Zelda:Dark Conspiracy
The Quest of Final Fantasy
The return of ganondorf
The secret of : The hybrid Faith
The Way 2
Thématique: Présent
time desaster
Tutorial Boutons
Un Jour... Une Vie...
V ème Vie
Vacha Attack
Vacha Attack Trailer
WonderlandWorld
world tuto adventure
YF06 Adventures
Zelda - epsiode 1 -
Zelda: GB Adventures (Intro)
Zelda: The mystic Quest

2003/2004
Chocobo's Games
Destiny : The endless war
Destiny (Rex's Quest)
DUNE
Earth Cries
La Destinée du Feu
La Merde Finale Part 2
Les terres lointaines
Magic Fantasy 2
My story
Sound of Tragedy
Squaresoft Story
The Legend of Zelda: GB Adventures v0.2b
The quest of Fantasia
YF06 Adventures 2 (Edition Spéciale Alex d'Or 2003-2004)
YF06 Adventures v1.4

Aëdemphia
Biscotte Mania: la menace Boubou
Fantasy-Advenced Last Order
Garet Vs Thélos
Project 999

Fantasy Advenced Antalogy
NES Pas - Le jeu du bien

Ayask Démo3
Chiken Gun
DBZ - La fin des guerriers -
Déréliction
Gorgias
Off
Super Mario RPG R.A.P

A Never Ending Dream
Alice au Pays des Merveilles
Anus Party 01
Culte des démons
Custom boy
Dbz l'histoire
E-102 Aventures
Final Fantasy VII Origin
Half Elf Iliana
Half Elf Iliana Gaiden - The Ragoon War
LAL
Le jeu sans le lancer
Le problème Deepsleep
Les aventures de JeanGilles : The ROLL 55
Lije
LothFer
Magnum P.M
PacMan Rm2k
Pixi Adventure:A pixel in paint land
Portail
Ray's Adventure II
Sonic Labyrinth 2
Sonic Party 95
Super Stars Party
The Arch of Gladoria
YF06 Adventures 3 (Démo v4)

Alice au pays des merveilles
Babar dance
DBZ l'histoire
Ray's Adventure II
SURVIVE (version 1)
Zombie holocaust : Alice

Edge of Despair
Fangs
HYBRIDS

2012 (These games seems to have been disqualified, because some of them won the next year, but in this year ruleset, disqualifications wasn't mentionned anywhere...) :
Blidaris
Les voyages Idyllique en enfer.
Morganter
RetroGame's
Wano X Yaxto

Here are all the games without any download on our site, but some of them have external dead links, so we're still not aware of all the unknown games at the moment, we do step by step !
author=LordBlueRouge
just trying to do a backup of this post today:

https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/22883/?post=937571#post937571

Fear and Inuyasha seem to share the same link

InuYasha -- requested by PM
https://mega.nz/file/ZqhVgQJB#qLOI8wxUSE9VyCO36kYR4moVUu0mD7QcyF5kz4qmu80
Fixed now, thanks for letting me know about this.

Here's the correct link:
https://mega.nz/file/JmADDCYa#6_zyRYAQT_RaBoExe3JipkGZFezKbwkNCoUCf4qWbeI
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Yeah, you already posted rmarchiv.de, good :)
Posting this here so I won't forget to do this:

I backed up segnin's recent downloads. Now I'm gonna try and update the first thread, with the revisions - but also to see if I have everything downloaded, up till the last point I updated this.

(Whenever someone posted a download, i'd quickly download it and throw it onto a memory card,) but I wanna double check and make sure I have everything.

Again, apologies for being so slow with this, everyday in 2023 something else seems to come up.

EDIT: Editing the missing/most wanted list over the new year days
EDIT2: Gonna try and gather any downloads from 2021 to now: page 28 to page 25
EDIT3: Clean up most wanted list
Just small update, was anyone able to find BlueMarble? I'm gonna add it to the recent request list.

I also wanna point this out cause I feel like it's important: looking stuff up on google now has vastly changed from when I re-hauled this thread back in 2017? - Maybe I'm just getting old, but it seems to be incredibly difficult to find stuff now on google. And I'm not quite sure what to do about it?

A couple of years ago, it use to be very easy to do searches on filenames, to the point where you would eventually be able to find what you were looking for even if it lead to a dead link.

But now, it doesn't seem to do that, it just sends you back the most popular results and omits the ones that would lead to dead links.

I'm just wondering if anyone else notices this and if there's a better search engine out there, that'd work like how google use to work back in 2017? - I remember finding really good midi files for shiren the wanderer by entering kanji characters into google. or like typing in "RPGツクール final fantasy" and doing an image search would pull up a list of really cool japanese final fantasy fan games - but now when you do that, you have to sort through links from pinterest, etc.

Does anyone else notice this? Is there a solution?

EDIT: I want to thank krum again for their thorough work here. I'm only coming across this stuff now cause 2021-2022 was kind of an awful year. I kind of want to add a PSX section to the list, but it might take some time.

https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/22883/?post=925215#post925215

wicked that you found this though.♥

Thanks again as always krum.

EDIT2: just re-reading the post, so Games.7z and Demos.7z are memory card files for PS1 rpgmaker games?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=LordBlueRouge
Just small update, was anyone able to find BlueMarble? I'm gonna add it to the recent request list.

So, I did a bit of a Google search on this. Keywords used were "blue marble rpgmaker". A result lead me here, and that page suggested that there was a gamepage for it here. Naturally, that link comes up with anti-climbing paint, so, I tried giving the contents trick a try. While it works, there are no downloads listed for the game. It's possible that a download may have existed on the server, but was flagged for deletion?

Next up was the wayback machine. I got a hit dated November 2013, and the game's description included an external link, which is, of course, now dead. I will note that a later hit from the wayback machine, dated January of 2019, the link in the description is missing, so, the file could have been removed from that service either automatically (as these sites sometimes do), or by the dev, themselves.

Attempting to use the wayback machine on the external link only returned references to the URL after 2019, so, no dice there. While I might be able to get a hit on the wayback machine for the game's downloads page, getting the download URL, itself, is a fail-state.

*Edit: As for getting a better search engine, I dunno. I definitely got a non-zero number of results for blue marble dice. Though, with a game title like "Blue Marble", I wouldn't expect anything else. Though, I kinda wonder what might happen one day if some poor soul is trying to find a game literally called Project1, and RMN had long since passed.
author=LordBlueRouge

I also wanna point this out cause I feel like it's important: looking stuff up on google now has vastly changed from when I re-hauled this thread back in 2017? - Maybe I'm just getting old, but it seems to be incredibly difficult to find stuff now on google. And I'm not quite sure what to do about it?

A couple of years ago, it use to be very easy to do searches on filenames, to the point where you would eventually be able to find what you were looking for even if it lead to a dead link.

But now, it doesn't seem to do that, it just sends you back the most popular results and omits the ones that would lead to dead links.

I'm just wondering if anyone else notices this and if there's a better search engine out there, that'd work like how google use to work back in 2017? - I remember finding really good midi files for shiren the wanderer by entering kanji characters into google. or like typing in "RPGツクール final fantasy" and doing an image search would pull up a list of really cool japanese final fantasy fan games - but now when you do that, you have to sort through links from pinterest, etc.

Does anyone else notice this? Is there a solution?

EDIT: I want to thank krum again for their thorough work here. I'm only coming across this stuff now cause 2021-2022 was kind of an awful year. I kind of want to add a PSX section to the list, but it might take some time.

https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/22883/?post=925215#post925215

wicked that you found this though.♥

Thanks again as always krum.

EDIT2: just re-reading the post, so Games.7z and Demos.7z are memory card files for PS1 rpgmaker games?

Not a problem! Yeah, they are ps1 memory card saves for the PS1 RPG Maker. I scarped them in college, so I had a copy of the entire site that is down, I forget the site now, but I remember mentioning it in the forum. I need to rename them and such, there are also some at RPGMag.

BlueMarble seems lost, this is the creators site
http://lvandenberg2d.weebly.com/ but I e-mailed him about the game a year ago and got no response. I Tried again today.

Edit:
It should be every game from RPG Maker Pavilion, which was the largest site of those games that existed back then.

For google searches, I just do things like `"Game Name" -pinterest`

Edit 2:
I found some more games here RPGM1,2,3 I believe:
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://pavilionboards.com/forum/attachment*
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
Holy Crap! SegNin is back! I mean, I never met you before or anything, but you have legendary status around here! :D
Welcome back!!

I took a look through the posts and unless I've missed it, no one's been able to find "The Manhatton Project" yet, right?
This was the game that SpoonyBard mentioned in the original "Final Fallacy" when we meet the deformed moogle character in the temporal vortex thingy.

Here's some more info. In "The Manhatton Project", Manhaton and RPG_Wizard (Wizz) were the main characters and the game was based on an IRC RPG Maker group (but I don't think it's the same game as the "IRC Project SE" since that one doesn't have a sex bomb and Wizz isn't blasted away as described by SpoonyBard in Final Fallacy when explaining who Wizz is).

In any case, great finds people! I see a lot of games have been found and archived, great work!

EDIT: by the way, Bob's Big Adventure was made by Rast.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I just want to express my deep appreciation for this topic and all the effort that people put into this. It's a lot of work to sift through old forums, possible broken links and old computers to look for copies of some cool old games we've played in our youth, and while I myself don't have any request for this topic, I can rest easy, knowing that the day I have need for it, there's a plethora of amazing people searching, categorizing and over all things archiving such an important number creative works that people have put their love and passion into.

Keep up the great work all of you, you're doing the RPG Maker community as a whole a huge favor and are ensuring that future generations of RPG Maker enthusiasts have a near endless supply of great material to play, argue over and learn from. You're all spectacular.