WHAT CPU AND RAM CAPACITY DO YOU HAVE?

Pages: 1
Simple enough question, I'd just like to get a decent assessment of what the average RM user has CPU and RAM wise. I think it would also be important to know for everyone else, if they want to get a feel for how their game might run in contrast the average user's computer.

I'll start: developing on a 4790K with 16GB of RAM.
I'm still trucking along without an issue with a 2500k and 16GB of RAM. Started at 8 but my horrible habit with never closing things, especially internet tabs, got me to upgrade to 16 a few years back. AMD 7870 for GPU, enough to play FF14 on my 1440p monitor mostly well enough.
I'm on a 7 year old XPS machine that's still trucking along reasonably well. Sitting at 12GB RAM, and a fairly dated AMD Athlon II.

Would not mind doing an XPS again for my next machine, considering how long they last. And since I do very little PC gaming, I tend to be fairly low-maitenence with my systems.
Melkino
solos collectors on purpose
Prebuilt HP Envy 700-210 with 8GB RAM and an AMD A10-6700 (3.7-4.3 Ghz) CPU. I added a R7 360 graphics card a couple of years ago to catch up on so many old games for cheap, but I don't know if RM games use the gpu at all. I can get close to the full 60FPS while playtesting, though!
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
lol

intel pentium dual core e2180, 4GB ram.
^ not doing much better here.

Intel Pentium 2020M; Dual Core @2.4GHz
4GB of RAM
8GB of RAM which is really more than enough to play most Steam games, I find.
AMD A8-6600K APU 4.40GHz

:shrug:
It's a custom-built rig (in that I ordered the parts separately from a warehouse and they put it together and shipped it to me as-is.)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I bought a new computer for Christmas and it has an i7-6700K @ 4 GHz, and 32 GB of RAM. It's running Windows 10, which I liked until this week, when it did the "Force you to restart in the middle of playing a game without giving you a chance to save so we can install some updates you don't want" thing for the first time. To make matters worse, I think the only thing the updates did were undo my hack that let me read .hlp help files, and undo my settings that disabled all the ads.

Still, I desperately needed the new computer. My old one up through December was a ten year old, single-core processor runing Windows XP with 4 GB of RAM.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I only got a laptop. 8GB of RAM and a mediocre CPU. Intel Graphics.
Standard i5-2500k at 3.30 ghz, 16 gigs of RAM. NVIDEO GeForce GTX560. Built this desktop back in 2012ish. I kind of want an upgrade but I might try to get a laptop instead since I find myself doing a lot of portable deving lately.
12-year-old Windows XP machine with a 3 GHz processor and 2 GB RAM.
I built a PC from components about 5 years back that serves me well enough. It has an AMD FX-8350, 8Gb RAM, and an AMD Radeon 7700.

I am thinking about upping the RAM, because like GRS, I tend to have ALL THE THINGS OPEN and about a million tabs. And also the CPU fan is noisy, so I was thinking of replacing that.

I also have an old laptop, Dell Lattitude E6510. I can't remember what processor it has, but it has 4GB of RAM and a really nice 1920x1080 display. It also weighs as much as a small car.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Zachary_Braun
Is that even capable of running antivirus software? Or do you just not care at this point?
Magi
Resident Terrapin
author=LockeZ
author=Zachary_Braun
Is that even capable of running antivirus software? Or do you just not care at this point?

He's just waiting to fall into CryptoLocker's sweet, smothering embrace to ease his troubles and erase all the evidence .
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Asus Laptop
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Intel B940 @ 2.00 GHz
4.00 GB of Ram
Nvidia Geforce GT 520 MX - 1GB
Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit

Intel Core i5 2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz

4GB RAM
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

overclocks to 3.2 or somesuch. bought this laptop a little less than a year ago. runs everything i throw at it, even if i don't play on ultra

edit: but it can't run MV well ;V
Pages: 1