[RM2K3] WHAT IS MP IN BATTLES

Pages: 1
Help will be given to those who provide details about what they want. Don't just put a question or hint to what you need to know in the title and then fill the body with "please help".

I assume you're very new to JRPGs in general if you don't know what MP is. Basically, it stands for Magic Points and shows how many of those each character has to 'spend'. Each skill or spell you give a character can cost a certain amount of MP to cast. This stops characters from using the same spell over and over and over again by adding a limitation to the skill/spell use.

For example, say I have two heroes - Tom and Mary. Mary has 112 MP while Tom has 41. Both can use the spell "Flame" which casts a fire-based attack on all enemies. Flame costs 20 MP to use each time. Tom can only use Flame twice, but Mary can use it five times. This means it's best to use Mary for that skill instead of Tom, unless you really need to use it and Mary has ran out of MP.

You can create items or skills that restore MP, so that you can keep using spells.

I hope that answers your question but honestly I have no idea what you wanted to know, exactly, so I might not have. This is why it's important to tell in the body of a topic what you need to know and what you already know, too. It may be that you really wanted to know how to use MP to make a special type of skill, but I can't tell you how to do that because I don't know that that is what you want to know.

So yeah, keep that in mind for the future.

If I haven't answered your question, edit your original post (hit the Edit button below it) and add more information in there so that we know how to help.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=idontwantyoutoknowme
Please help

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

HP = Health Points
MP = Magic Points

Skills cost MP.
No MP equals not being able to use skill.
Equals skill and resource management.
Pages: 1