TEKKEN 7 (A.K.A AND YOU THOUGHT YOUR FAMILY WAS MESSED UP: THE FINALE)

Pages: first 123 next last
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Tekken 7 comes out on consoles worldwide tomorrow! Anyone else as excited as I am? Probably not, but I thought I should make a topic anyway.

I'll be playing it on the PS4. If anyone wants to have a match against the greatest Tekken player ever (spoiler alert: Me), feel free to add my ID: Soul_Hacker_999 and let's GO

#TheHypeIsReal #LuckyChloe4Lyfe #BigUpTheNarcolepticVampireAlso
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I'm also very excited!! Wooo!!! Going to play that game so much once I get my hands on it!
My PSN ID is: Ozzy_The_One

#TheHypeIsReal #LuckyChloe4Lyfe #BigUpTheNarcolepticVampireAlso
You know, I've been playing fighting games since I was a kid but I've never seriously gotten into Tekken, but it always looked dope as hell. Is it too late for me to learn?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
It is never too late for The Kingdom of Iron Fist Tournament!
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Soulcalibur master race!

Every time someone brought in Soul of Devil Jin in a Soulcalibur 5 match I wanted to reach out through the screen and slap them.

...That said, I've been out of fighting games in general for a few years now and was thinking about getting back in. I wonder if it's worth getting this game and PS+ if I wanted to play online? Does Tekken 7 cater more to online play? Or is there enough solo content to warm myself up first?
Yellow Magic
author=Feldschlacht IV
You know, I've been playing fighting games since I was a kid but I've never seriously gotten into Tekken, but it always looked dope as hell. Is it too late for me to learn?
I don't think so - my elder brother's into loads of fighting games (SFV, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Injustice) and he found Tekken the easiest to get into. It helps that you don't need expert-timing to nail combos, and it's more a question of practicing to get the muscle memory. Also, it's all about the juggles...

Admittedly I'm not exactly a pro myself: There's a bit to learn in terms of frame data and the like, but I guess all fighting games have those "Advanced" aspects to them.

author=Red_Nova
...That said, I've been out of fighting games in general for a few years now and was thinking about getting back in. I wonder if it's worth getting this game and PS+ if I wanted to play online? Does Tekken 7 cater more to online play? Or is there enough solo content to warm myself up first?
Putting it this way, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 came out about six years ago and its online scene is still strong: I imagine Tekken 7's is gonna be even stronger. Having said that I've heard there's gonna be quite a bit in terms of solo content, the most important aspect arguably being the denouement of the Mishima family's story.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
My only Tekken experience is getting salty at Devil Jin in Soulcalibur, so I have no idea about literally anything about Tekken's story. Good to hear TTT2's online scene is still strong, though, and it makes me hopeful for T7.

I looked at some videos. A handful of characters look really fun to use. Make sure to say something after you've played around with it for a while.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Well, in terms of solo content, there's an unlockable ending with each character that should force you to play with every characters once. This way you can develop a taste for what character you'd like to play with the most.

Also, I freaking loved Sergei Dragunov from Tekken 6, that guy's just pure badass.
Yellow Magic
author=Red_Nova
I looked at some videos. A handful of characters look really fun to use. Make sure to say something after you've played around with it for a while.
Yeah will do! Starting playing the game's Story mode today, and it is very cheesy and fun. My favourite thing is how when someone speaks their native language, literally everyone else understands, e.g. Heihachi has no trouble deciphering Italian.

My second favourite thing is this:

author=OzzyTheOne
Also, I freaking loved Sergei Dragunov from Tekken 6, that guy's just pure badass.

I have the WORST time playing against Sergei as Lili for some reason
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
XD XD XD XD

I literally laughed out loud after seeing that image! XD Heihachi is such a beast XD

Yeah, I practiced a lot with Dragunov and I knew some very niffty (and annoying) combos.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Tekken 7 looks great so far, and I'm loving all the characters! This one in particular:

Wow nobody told me I was gonna star in this game!
Yellow Magic
author=OzzyTheOne
I literally laughed out loud after seeing that image! XD Heihachi is such a beast XD

Yep! Without spoiling too much, he's even better in the present-day storyline.

They made it very clear that he threw Kazuya down a cliff, not a volcano. ;p

author=Kloe
Wow nobody told me I was gonna star in this game!

LOL congrats! You must be feeling....lucky
author=Yellow Magic
My favourite thing is how when someone speaks their native language, literally everyone else understands, e.g. Heihachi has no trouble deciphering Italian.
I loved this about the first game in the Soul Calibur series: "Soul Edge/Soul Blade"

I'm glad it sounds like they they brought this practice back - having dudes from all different walks of life speaking different languages,
makes it feel more authentic
instead of just having two dudes, just talk in english or japanese.

This was really cool thing to see/hear in video games, even back then.
Yellow Magic
Has online been fixed yet??? I managed to have one actual match and 50+ "Connection lost"s.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
there have been seven tekken games? D:
the only ones i remember playing are 1 to 3.
Red_Nova
Picked it up and ran through the roster with a friend a couple days ago. I have so many Soulcalibur habits to break it's kinda scary. I'm not generally a fan of lengthy button combinations, and every character here seems to have a lot of them. This is going to take some getting used to, haha.

I meshed pretty well with Asuka and Miguel, so I think I'll be working on them for now. You know of any other characters that go easy on the combos strings?

Question: What's the etiquette for online lows? In Soulcalibur, low attacks with quick startup frames were generally frowned upon since it most internet connections made it next to impossible to properly react to them in time. Yet every character here has quite a few low attacks as both standalone and as part of a chain.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I have never played Tekken online so you'd have to ask YM about it. Also, in Tekken you can easily block low attacks by simply just pressing down so I have no idea how people thinkg of low attacks in Tekken.
Red_Nova
The problem is when you play online, the few frames of input lag could mean that you couldn't block low attacks even when you press down at the right time. The worse connection you have with your opponent, the greater the delay.
The online matching is pretty messed up. Me win 30 vs other player win 130 is really a joke. Hope they would fix it.
Red_Nova
So, uh... I've been playing online matches, even though I don't have PS+. I never even activated the free PS+ trial. I just accidentally hit the online option and... there I am. Playing online ranked.

Anyway, if anyone wants to play, my ID is Absolute00Zero. Let's play before someone throws me in jail somewhere.
Pages: first 123 next last