IS IT POSSSIBLE TO 'FIX' SOMEONE ELSE'S GAME?

Pages: 1
https://rpgmaker.net/games/949/

I played this game and I thought it was pretty good, character/story wise. However I hit a showstopper bug where the screen didnt fade back out after a cutscene, and it was impossible to continue. Anyone with RMVX willing to fix this? I highly doubt the developer will since they appear to be here during 2009.
If you have the engine and it's unlocked, it might be possible to edit that scene. I'd offer to do it but my VX has gone walk-about on me.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You need to have the engine (or get it somehow in order to fix it.)

It won't matter if the file is encrypted or not.
If it's encrypted just PM me (only for XP/VX/Ace.)
i dont have VX. I heard that if you transfer the data files to a new project folder you can edit it? Something like that
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You shouldn't have to transfer anything. You can open the project right from the downloaded folder if you have the engine. It would be a lot of work for someone to fix this game for you though. You need to offer something in return I think (It's just too time consuming otherwise.)

PM me and I might come up with something...
bump. Anyone with VX want to do this? Maybe you play the game first and fix it if you get hooked on the game. it's one of those parody type games and does it pretty well.
Man, I thought this was going to be controversial topic about how improving someone else’s game with your own enhancements in your image, effectively means it’s no longer the original creator’s vision. Therefore it would be impossible to “fix” someone else’s game because it no longer would be theirs.

But, erm... no, it wasn’t haha. Can you go into a bit more depth about exactly where it is, or perhaps upload your save so we can see it first hand?
actually, there was no indication on the game page whether it was finished or not. might just be an unfinished game. I went into detail with the comment on the game's page, if your wondering.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I would be up for fixin up that one mistake it has. But I won't make any promises, I'm just posting this here to remind myself of possibly giving it a looksie.
Pages: 1