[RMMV] QUESTIONS ABOUT PREFIXES/SUFFIXES USING YANFLY'S ATTACH AUGMENTS

Pages: 1
I'm trying to make a Diablo-ish prefix/suffix system using Yanfly's Attach Augments. Inserting "Augment A" will change the suffix of an item from "Sword" to "Sword of Flames", yet I'm trying to also trying to keep a second slot for a prefix (adding another Augment A will change it from "Sword of Flames" to "Savage Sword of Flames.)

I run into problems when I decide to put in two Augment A's that only change the suffix. If I change Augment A to modify both the prefix and the suffix, then:
1. Two names are being added from one Augment A (I don't like/less customization)
2. The second Augment A's prefixes/suffixes aren't then being used

I'm trying to avoid having 2 separate augment types for both weapons and armor to achieve the effect
(Weapon Augment A (crystal) changes prefix/Weapons Augment B (orb) changes suffix, etc)

The system I'm trying to implement is either
1. Weapons have 2A slots & Armors have 2B slots or
2. Weapons have 1A & 1B slot while armor has 2B slots

CAN THIS SYSTEM MAKE SENSE???

Is there a way you can set the Augment to either use a prefix OR a suffix based on if the item already HAS either one?

Also can you make it so Augment A has different effects where the it's inserted into a weapon or an armor?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Can you show some screen shots of you using the note tags and the end result or something like that. Give people a better idea of what you are doing and trying to accomplish.
author=kory_toombs
Can you show some screen shots of you using the note tags and the end result or something like that. Give people a better idea of what you are doing and trying to accomplish.

Thanks for the reply, Kory! I'll upload some pictures here.

Let's say I have a 2 slotted item called "Short Sword" and put in one of these Glyphs, it would change to "Sturdy Short Sword".

Then if I put one of these Glyphs in it, it becomes "Sturdy Short Sword of Fortitude".

I run into issues when a player would put two Glyphs that both change the prefix or suffix in the same item - only one of the names is actually used.

If I use one of these, then both the prefix and suffix are changed by one Glyph, which I don't like. The other open slots then wouldn't change the name at all.

How can I get around this?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Why are you using "attach" for this?

I read the info and watched the video.

<Augment: Glyph>
stuff here
</Augment: Glyph>

If that doesn't work, you might want to consider this part of the note tag:

Change Priority Name: x
Cancel Priority Name: x
– Changes/Cancels the priority name of the item to ‘x’ while the augment is on the item. If an item has multiple augments that alter the priority name, then priority is given to the first augment that alters the priority name.

It also might not be possible to use both a prefix and a suffix with the current set up of this plugin.

Hey thanks I will look into these!
Pages: 1