[RM2K3] PROBLEM WITH WEAPON

Pages: 1
Hey guys, I can't understand why whenever I use a skill, the battle animation doesn't change.
I've made one where the character holds a gun, but for some reason it just shows the normal battle sprite.
I made a item called gun, where you can shot the enemy during battle and it takes 10 MP, the sprite animation is the hero with the gun, but in the battle when I use the skill, the animation is the normal one.

Here are a few screenshots

THE SKILL

THE ITEM I LINKED TO THE SKILL

ANIMATIONS 2 WHERE THE CHARACTER POSES

ANIMATION 2 WHERE CHARACTER HOLDS THE GUN

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I USE THE ITEM DURING THE BATTLE

The sprite doesn't change!!
I want the normal sprite to be only when the hero normal attacks, but I want the sprite with the gun when hero uses the gun.

anyone know why is this? I can't really figure it out, I think I've set everything correctly!
Please help!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
What happens if you set that character to have the skill "Gun", then use it in battle, rather than have her use an item that calls the "Gun" skill?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Dude, your battle animation is still set to Punch C on 0004: Gun, and it's set to Sword C on 0014: Gun. I'm no expert here, but I'm pretty sure that these animations don't look like gunshots.

Also, wouldn't you want to set your attack attribute to "gun"?

Make sure everything's set, and then see what happens. I think I actually had this problem when I first started making games, and if I remember correctly, I had failed to make sure everything was properly set. OH! Speaking of which! Try setting a gun animation in poses in addition to weapons!
author=pianotm
Try setting a gun animation in poses in addition to weapons!

Since all of your images are broken, I can't see exactly what's going on, but my guess is what pianotm says here is correct: you're not changing the animation for the character in the skill itself and its probably still on the default cast animation.
Pages: 1