PROFESSIONS AND GLOBAL STATS?

Pages: 1
I'm trying to have an MMO-style take on crafting and various stats where the player's gathering and crafting variables level as they either gather or synthesis specific items, all while mixing in secondary professions and stats to also level up that unlock more of the game.
(I'll add a screenshot at the bottom)

Global Stats
Hunger
Stamina
Fun
Social
Fame
Knowledge
Paragon
Renegade

Interpersonal Stats
Character 2 Relationship
Character 3 Relationship
Character 4 Relationship
Character 5 Relationship
Character 6 Relationship
Character 7 Relationship
Character 8 Relationship
Character 9 Relationship

Primary Professions
Gathering
Woodcutting
Mining
Herbalism
Skinning

Crafting
Weaving
Blacksmithing
Alchemy
Leatherworking
Jewelcrafting
Engineering
Cooking
First Aid

Secondary Professions
Fishing
Lockpicking
Cryptology
Linguistics

I was reading in a previous thread that Hunger mechanics are rarely done correctly. I would like to remove Hunger, Stamina, and potentially Fun, but also replace them with something else. I enjoy leveling and maxing variables in games. I am not looking to have stats that decrease over time leaving the player handicapped, but rather stats that increase over time that unlock opportunities for the player. (The only stats that -could- decrease are the interpersonal stats).

Social starts at 0-10 and is acquired through helping other NPCs out with quests, talking to certain lore-filled NPCs, giving other party members gifts during cut scenes (which would also increase interpersonal stats). Leveling up social would increase dialogue options in NPCs unlocking more potential quests and opportunities.
Fame starts at 0-10 and is gained by completing certain dangerous tasks or being involved in largely known events (like story events), Fame also opens up new dialogue options or new areas that wouldn't be accessible before.
Knowledge starts at 0-10 and is acquired through learning about the lore of the world and correctly answering questions about the game world that are asked of you. Knowledge could impact dialogue options or available story information.
Paragon/Renegade starts at 0 and would be gained by moral assessments and action. These would essentially effect the game world in a fairly impactful way.

The other names are all pretty straight forward except:
A. Cryptology mechanic would be deciphering secret ancient messages and information.
B. Linguistics would be different from social. This would be interpreting dead languages or secret languages so the player could communicate with foreign communities.

I was thinking of removing Linguistics and adding Treasure Hunting.

The Global stats can also be increased by performing tasks within certain guilds (Slayer's Guild, Fisherman's Guild, Thief's Guild Etc)

What kind of stats and attributes do you enjoy leveling during a game?
Which ones do you not enjoy so much?
For the professions you do enjoy, how do you like them executed in-game?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

For me, I like to try to find a way that doesn't feel grindy, though, if you're doing an MMO-style way, that's pretty much the way to do it.

Preferably, I enjoy a system that feels like there are checks or lessons every so often. How you implement that is up to personal style; It would almost be a like a hybrid of your system and another.

For example;

I'm a brand new blacksmith. I practice making basic chains, or if you want something useful, a basic knife for general purposes.

After a while, I master that. (Again, the system of attaining or practicing is up to the dev). Once you master or get really good at that one item, you'd want to start on a next, either through a blacksmith specific quest, a minigame, finding a book; speaking to someone for your next level, getting something, ect.

Grinding, while still semi-realistic with growing skill, sometimes just feels like going through the motions to get better stuff. Add some spice.
Pages: 1