[RMMV] LEVEL UP EVENT HELP

Pages: 1
I already found a script to trigger a common event on leveling up, the trouble is what comes after. I have a system set up where extra stats (STR, DEX, INT, etc) are recorded in variables. What I want to do is:

Put party member # of {actor id} into a variable. {EX, if Actor 7 levels up, get their party member # {say, 2, or 3}, and put it into a variable.}

Keep in mind that I can create a separate common event for each actor using this script: http://himeworks.com/2015/10/level-up-events/
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Why do you need a script to level up?
(I bet everything that script does can be accomplished in your event manager quite easily.)

Ditch the script.

Common Event / Parallel Process / Runs after first control switch.
Track every characters level here.

Now set up a common event for each character like above.
Conditional branch checking the variable.

=Pure Win =No Script =Easy Peasy

It's certainly doable through eventing, but it's just smarter to make use of scripts available to you, particularly if they're relatively unintrusive in terms of compatibility with other scripts. Hime's Level Up Events seems relatively unintrusive as well.

You need to read the usage section of the script page, though. You can set different common events for each character by using different notetags.

Like if you wanted that actor to fully heal on level up, then you'd just have different common events for each actor with the appropriate healing event commands. No need for storing any actor IDs in a game variable for something like this.
Pages: 1