[RMMV] SIMPLE SCREEN WITH INTERACTIVE ELEMENTS?

Pages: 1
Hey guys, just bought RMMV, I don't know anything about game development but I wanted to give it a try and make some games for fun. I have an idea for a game, and want to make a screen that's basically animated pixel art with a couple interactive elements.

I want to make a layer that's a static image (inside view of a car looking out) and a moving layer (the outside view from the windows), then some things that you can control, such as the radio buttons, or the steering wheel.

Is this possible in rpg maker? I did a bunch of searching in google, youtube and other places but I mostly see top down, iso or side scroll and nothing like what I wanted.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

As long as it's 2-D I don't see why.
There's a couple ways you could probably do this.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Well, the moving graphic of stuff passing by could be a parallax. The inside-car thing might be an image over that parallax. Not 100% sure about the steering wheel, or radio. My thought is that players could switch context between controlling the radio and the wheel by pressing the cancel button?

Or... something like that.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

With the mouse it might be possible to interact with everything in the car.
Sort of like in an old adventure game like Syberia.
ok, thanks everyone. I just wanted to know if it was possible, but it doesn't sound impossible so I'll just have to mess with it until I figure it out.
Pages: 1