[RMVX ACE] LOOKING FOR FACE GENERATORS AND SPRITE GENERATORS

Pages: 1
I can do sprite recolors, and possibly some frankensteining if necessary, but I don't have the art skills to edit portraits to accompany them, so face generators are higher priority than sprite generators. I've done some searching around already, but my results are mostly leading me to broken links, defunct pages, downloads that don't work on current hardware, etc. Does anyone know where I can find resources of this type that are definitely still usable?

Does it allow creation of portraits for VX ACE which aren't in the style of the default VX ACE face generator?

I'm liking pretty much everything else about the engine, but the outputs of the default face generator just look so bad, I can't bring myself to work with it.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I've used the Famitsu site for sprite generation in the past. However, yeah, it's unavailable. I'm afraid I cannot be of much help otherwise on this point.

One tool I have used for face generation is the appropriately named FaceMaker by FoxRichards. That site should still be up, as far as I know. I get the sense some of the options there are more geared to TsuK/TsuK3 than VX/VX Ace. Nevertheless, it's workable.

*Edit: I suppose I should link to the source of my most famous (infamous?) face-set.
I actually specifically looked for the Face Maker before, since I'd seen its outputs in other games, but I couldn't find it. Thanks for the link.

I might get the Game Character Hub for later projects, but I think the Face Maker has everything I need for this one.
I always thought that this anime avatar creator site could generate some good busts and faces. You'd have to screengrab the end result and maybe photoshop out the background, etc. But it could be done:
http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=mega-anime-avatar-creator

You may be able to find other kinds of things by googling "avatar generator" or "anime generator" etc.

And this is my sprite generator of choice:
http://www.geocities.jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/
You might be able to turn outputs from that avatar creator into busts or faces for the game, but it seems to me like it wouldn't be a great choice if you're making a lot of characters with it, because there's only one possible facial structure, and the placement of the features doesn't vary, so even though you can generate a huge number of outputs, it wouldn't take the player long to notice that they're all variations on the same face. It's a shame though, because I think the outputs look really good if you're using it for a one-off.

I might be misjudging them, but I don't think those sprites are the standard size for VX ACE? So you might be able to incorporate them, but I think they'd have a hard time meshing with the default tilesets. There are probably ways to make it work, but I'm still a beginner with a lot of this stuff.
Yeah, the avatar generator may not work for lots of characters...
As for the sprites: No, they are taller. So you'd have to use doors that are 2 tiles high. But aside from that, they mesh pretty well.
Pages: 1