[SCRIPTING] YANFLY PARTY SYSTEM

Pages: 1
Alright, so in my current project I'm using Yanfly's Party System. I have two characters currently in my party.

My issue is when I go to the menu, access 'Formation' and remove either the main character, or the second character, it all works fine and as it should, I walk around as the lone character. But when I enter a battle, and it comes to the enemy's turn to hit me, the game freezes. But not in the 'freeze' way, like the game stops, the music keeps playing, just the enemy doesn't attack and I'm left sitting there.
It's almost like the enemy is trying to target the character who was removed but it can't? I don't know.

Anyway, I tried it in a fresh project, and it works just fine. So it might be a script compatibility issue, or it could be something else. The only problem is I have no idea how or where to look without an 'error' explaination popping up.

Is there anyone experienced in this or has had this happen before that could give me advice? If you're good with scripts and feel you could identify what script compatibility issues I could be experiencing, let me know and I can send you a link to the game so you might be able to figure it out easier.

Thank you for your time~ :3
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Your process here: Leave Yanfly's Party System where it is. Remove every other script and put it back in one at a time, playtesting each time, until you discover which script is causing the error. Once you have that narrowed down, it'll be easier to look at the individual script, try to adjust it accordingly, or replace it with a comparable script (Usually your best option). My guess is that your problem is with a script that somehow affects your battle system, so look at those first.
The situation sounds similar to script hanging from being stuck in an infinite loop (I got that a lot in my script tests -_-), and they usually don't have error pops showing a specific location, though occasionally they will have popup with display of "script hanging" if you leave it running long enough (that is in XP, btw), and I don't remember if they'll have the cursor set to the location where the hanging happens.

If that's the case then you might be right about the part of trying to target and a very likely place that would have the hang to occur would be when running the smooth_target (probably actor) methods, though the cause might have something to do with how the criteria for breaking the loop wasn't met in the specific situation you described. And yes other scripts might affect how the method was run, especially if they modified something in Scene_Battle phase4 or Game_Party, etc. Looping error might happen to other scripts as well. Sadly I might not be help further beyond this since I only have XP...
author=pianotm
Your process here: Leave Yanfly's Party System where it is. Remove every other script and put it back in one at a time, playtesting each time, until you discover which script is causing the error. Once you have that narrowed down, it'll be easier to look at the individual script, try to adjust it accordingly, or replace it with a comparable script (Usually your best option). My guess is that your problem is with a script that somehow affects your battle system, so look at those first.

Following what you said, I started on to doing that.
I picked the script I thought was most likely the culprit and got it on the first try. xD
Thanks!
Though now just need to figure out if this script is salvagable or if I have to go without it. Cuz I can, it's mostly a convenience-type script. <_>

author=XKandDF
The situation sounds similar to script hanging from being stuck in an infinite loop (I got that a lot in my script tests -_-), and they usually don't have error pops showing a specific location, though occasionally they will have popup with display of "script hanging" if you leave it running long enough (that is in XP, btw), and I don't remember if they'll have the cursor set to the location where the hanging happens.

If that's the case then you might be right about the part of trying to target and a very likely place that would have the hang to occur would be when running the smooth_target (probably actor) methods, though the cause might have something to do with how the criteria for breaking the loop wasn't met in the specific situation you described. And yes other scripts might affect how the method was run, especially if they modified something in Scene_Battle phase4 or Game_Party, etc. Looping error might happen to other scripts as well. Sadly I might not be help further beyond this since I only have XP...

Yeah it's probably an infinite loop. Though I found the script that was causing it, so maybe now I just need to find out where it's looping. x: Thanks though! O:
Pages: 1