[RMVX ACE] WAY TO REFERENCE WHETHER PLAYER HAS BOUGHT GOODS FROM A STORE

Pages: 1
I'm not sure whether this is super easy and I'm missing something obvious, or if it's practically impossible and way above my pay grade, but I'm looking for a way to create a branching interaction with merchants which returns different results depending on whether you bought anything from them during the preceding shop processing sequence. Basically, recognizing the difference between window shopping and making an actual purchase, without requiring the player to buy any specific items whose presence I could check for in their inventory. Does anyone know a way to accomplish this?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I think it might depend on what the interactions are. Like, if all the merchant is doing to do is thank the player for their business, I think that can be done with a pair of game-variables: one that represents money before shopping, and one that represents money after shopping. Compare, then after shopping's done, and if they are not equal to each other, "Thanks for the business!"

For something more complex, like a discount for repeated business, the thought in my head is that there would be some modification to the Call Shop process (the buy window?) where the price displayed would be based on whatever was specified in the Call Shop event-command, multiplied by a variable. Probably a game-variable. I did something similar for Myriad Cypher when figuring out how to cause prices of goods to fluctuate, so...
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You need a variable checking the amount of money you have when entering the store. Save it. Then if the amount changes something happens.

Edit:

Looks like Marrend beat me to it.
Ah, thanks, that should work. Since there's no reason for the characters in question to be willing to buy things from you, I shouldn't have to worry about tracking the direction of the change either.

The main purpose I wanted this for is interactions with impoverished street vendors, to whom your business might make the difference between whether they eat that day or not, so while a lot of games treat looking at a vendor's wares as if you've done business with them, that would be pretty jarring in this case and probably spoil the effect.
Pages: 1