SPELUNKYING BONUS PAGE: HIGH SCORES

halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Both are accurate in Spelunky.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Well, that went well. On a scale of 1 to Spelunky, I'd say that was a pretty predictable result of careless treasure hunting in the temple area.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Hahaha! This scene would be incredibly cheesy on its own, but in the context of the actual game element from Spelunky you built it around, it's freaking brilliant. I was wondering if you'd ever incorporate Spelunky's health recovery system in this comic, and I wasn't disappointed.
halibabica
I needed just the right moment to make it work, and it finally happened. I was on the fence about including it, too, but it managed just fine.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
That's reassuring... I think I might know what that sound is, and if I'm right, it's not going to be pretty. There's one particular enemy in the temple area we haven't seen yet.

Hey, at least now Hero knows about the usefulness of the compass for his next run! Better late than never.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
They have been on this floor a while, hunting for extra treasure.
halibabica
from LockeZ
They have been on this floor a while, hunting for extra treasure.

Ah, but ghosts don't moan, they bwoooooooooo!

from NeverSilent
I think I might know what that sound is, and if I'm right, it's not going to be pretty. There's one particular enemy in the temple area we haven't seen yet.

I don't know WHAT you're talking about. We expended every temple enemy on Floor 13...

;P
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well, doing the final boss fight while carrying an unconscious damsel won't be easy.
halibabica
Hopefully she wakes up soon!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Oh dear. Things are not looking good.
halibabica
There are worse things to be trapped in an inescapable underground chamber with.

But yeah.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
"I expect you to die!"
"Sorry to disappoint you, but we're bad at dying."
Jeroen_Sol
"And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for meddling protagonist plot armour!"