[RMVX ACE] SHOWING THE SKILLS THAT AN ITEM GIVES YOU

Pages: 1
Hey, I've been looking around for a script like this for a while now, and I've come up empty handed so far, so this is my final attempt.

Right, so, what I'm looking for is a script that allows for the following: When your cursor is over an item, you can press a key, and another menu will pop up showcasing all of the skills that the item grants the player. It seems simple enough, and I feel as if something like this should already exist, although I haven't found anything. Does anyone know if this exists or not?

It's a bit tedious to comb through your skills after equipping a weapon to see if it's added anything new or not, and if you have more than one skill attached to an item, it's near impossible to fit all of the skills and the description of the skills in the item description.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
From what I can tell, I think it might be possible with a reference to item.features[x].code == 43. item.features[x].data_id seems to reference the ID of the skill in this case, which you can cross reference with a call that might look like...

$data_skills[item.features[x].data_id].name

...that. Though, I kinda doubt "item" would be the reference to actually use, but, I could be wrong. What "x" would be equal to would depend on how many features an item has, and where the feature you want is physically (in a technical sense) in the feature list.

So, this window you're talking about probably somehow interacts with Window_ItemList (particularly Window_ItemList.item), and is a part of Scene_Item (which has an instance of Window_ItemList in it already). How to make that window open and close at a button might be a tad tricky, depending on what button you want players to press.

Actually, now that I think of it, SuikoProject does something similar to this concept with it's Tablet of Destiny...
author=Marrend
From what I can tell, I think it might be possible with a reference to item.features[x].code == 43. item.features[x].data_id seems to reference the ID of the skill in this case, which you can cross reference with a call that might look like...

$data_skills[item.features[x].data_id].name

...that. Though, I kinda doubt "item" would be the reference to actually use, but, I could be wrong. What "x" would be equal to would depend on how many features an item has, and where the feature you want is physically (in a technical sense) in the feature list.

So, this window you're talking about probably somehow interacts with Window_ItemList (particularly Window_ItemList.item), and is a part of Scene_Item (which has an instance of Window_ItemList in it already). How to make that window open and close at a button might be a tad tricky, depending on what button you want players to press.

Actually, now that I think of it, SuikoProject does something similar to this concept with it's Tablet of Destiny...

Thanks, but, I guess what I'm asking is if something like the script I described already exists somewhere. I'm afraid I don't have the know how to put what you've told me into a script. But, I appreciate the effort!
Pages: 1