[MAFIA] SIMPLE MAFIA FOR NORMAL PEOPLE

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I'm not targetting you so for self preserving. The fact that you're even trying to strawman my argument into that is very telling. Being agressive and pointing the blame at three people you all want dead is not the same as self preserving. Self preserving is jumping on a countertrain to prevent being lynched.

I don't know how the nightkill works, but that doesn't mean I can't speculate on it based on the game's setup. And the setup makes it very obvious to me that the nightkill must be an action. What kind of argument is "not understanding my insistence" if that insistence is to try to disprove the arguments of my top scumlean?
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I should probably clarify that being aggressive is not a scumtell to me by itself. What is a scumtell to me is becoming aggressive under pressure, when one isn't before pressure is applied.
I wasn't aggressive though - you're making stuff up! >.< This is absolutely what self preservation should look like. You're twisting it into something it's not (as I pointed out).

You were on my list of people likely scum from before you even returned to talk today. Let me make something clear - you're the only person since we started talking anout how the NK was doled out who had a strong opinion on it for no good reason. demon was confused at first and even psy admitted that there was a chance I was right. Only you did that. That's the argument and that was what I was expecting when I brought it up. That a scum member would come out of the woodworks and insist that I was scum because the NK must work such a way.

I'm scum hunting others while defending myself because that's what a townie should do. Not narrowing in on one person who could conceivably be innocent. Not today.
author=Jeroen_Sol
I should probably clarify that being aggressive is not a scumtell to me by itself. What is a scumtell to me is becoming aggressive under pressure, when one isn't before pressure is applied.

Actually this is also a gross misrepresentation of my behavior. Myself making stronger arguments and scumhunting while under pressure are in character for town gourd (especially when the game is on the line). I've acted like this before. I can even point out one of the mafias I did this in if it so pleases you.
lol I'm going to post it anyway because the paralells are striking

https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/20624/?p=44#posts

highlight:
author=Gourd_Clae
Although, maybe you'll understand my persistence when you look at it fro my pov.

I know I am innocent. I believe strongly that Kloe, crystal and odd are innocent. I believe YM and Maki are mafia, but I find it possible that Jeroen could be scummy although I doubt it. Kloe already said her vote is on Maki. I know that if I am lynched today town WILL lose. Since mafia is one of the two I believe could be mafia, I would like to convince you that Maki is scum. I understand you have misgivings of your own so I'm not sure why you are being so contrary. Maki and YM are both leading the vote against me. If mafia would reveal themselves they would do it right now when they could most likely win the game. YM has been lying all game - Makio is aligning themselves with YM. Maki hasn't been questioned all game and that is scum's primary directive. Kloe has been set up to be taken out tomorrow when mafia is donw with me. It all seems like the two are obviously conspiring to me.

You see, we're at a turning point and I'm trying not to lose for town!
Jeroen_Sol
I've laid out my reasons why I believe nightkill must work this way. Don't act as though I'm saying it for no reason. Is it a strong opinion? Yes, because I think it's a strong reason. The setup would make no sense if NK were not an action, be it at one or two scum.

And yes, of course you should be scumhunting if you're town! What's suspicious, however, is the way your attitude's changed, the way you're grasping. The way you're asking loaded questions.

And yes, your attitude has changed. You have become more aggressive as much as you'd like to deny it. The lashing out, the sarcasm, the forceful tone. That has nothing to do with the strength of your arguments and everything with your tone of voice.
Never said my attitude didn't change! I admitted it in the last two posts even. I just don't know if aggressive is a good word for it. Whatever it's semnatics anyway~ It's a nulltell. I provided evidence that it's a nulltell.
Jeroen_Sol
I'm quite proud of my scum performance in that game you cherry-picked, yes. But I don't see how that relates to this game at all.

But, to humour you, compare your own posting style from that post with now. That post, and you prior to this day phase, are full of "find it possible"s and "would like to"s and "I believe"s. Right now though, everything you say is far more forceful.
Yes that is the point: I am playing different and it's a nulltell. XD Look at the other posts in that game from that day!

Also LOL I didn't see you were scum that game but that's actually a little too perfect.
I think I can find another one too, I just thought that was a good example. Apparently a very good example.
Jeroen_Sol
Alright. I'm willing to accept your attitude change as a nulltell. It's 2 AM and I need to sleep anyway. I still think you've been grasping at straws in your arguments against me though.

I hope IF has posted by the time I wake up.
I can die happy now (don't actually kill me thank you)
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Alright, catching up on a lot of Gourd/Jero exchange and the fact that Gourd wants to lynch me.

I'm starting to believe the Gourd = scum route, or this Gourd/Jero team. Though y'all literally keeping this game alive, so I feel you can't both be scum.
It leaves me more so in your favor of being scum, Gourd. Maybe this time I will be right!

Psy has played mad this game, unlike what I know of him. But I believe his claim.
Which I can understand why it gives you some cred as townie. Like usual, though Psy remains a strong townie.
I get that feeling with LockeZ too, since he's playing wildcardy.

I could almost see a Demonlord/Jero pair. Because as stated, if Demonlord is skipping by because of the first fallout and him being deemed mostly town/neutral lean. And because Jero is a crafty player and can hide in the helpful town anonymity role.

I'll try to post more thoughts in abit

author=Gourd_Clae
I keep thinking somehow psy is gaming the system here and fake claiming jailkeeper because he's making no sense at the current moment, but I can't think of any way he could do that so must actually be jailkeeper. In which case, here's a list of people who can be evil:

IF
jeroen
demon
lockez

people who definitely aren't:
psy
Gourd

person who probably isn't:
demon
(jeroen would go on this list if facilitating discussion/ being helpful meant anything)

that leaves:
IF
Jeroen
LockeZ

^kill one of these people^

Here's why you're on my list btw
@Gourd: What's you scumteam? I think everyone needs to stop thinking about scum in isolation now that everything's in the open and there's no new info coming tomorrow.
IF has been consistent with: lockez = "unreadable, scummy kinda, but prob just his play style", as for jeroen apparently IF was on the fence for awhile and his latest post where he implied jero and I might be on a team sounds like it could be distancing. Although he ended the post by landing on me as scum.

Lockez's last couple posts have all been building a case on jeroen and a moment where lockez jokes around with him.
author=LockeZ
Also I just noticed that Jeroen's chart claims that everybody thinks he's town. Rofl. Jeroen, egotistical much?

Jeroen has been pushing for me pretty much all game. I don't know why mafia didn't just kill him considering that so many people thought he was town. It's probably because he's evil. Interestingly jeroen pointed out himself that it's surprising he live. I think he's one of the scum team but as for his partner...

Well, I guess his partner helped him with the ebeth lynch like I said earlier. IF.

Jeroen and IF that's what I think.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
Current Votecount

Gourd_Clae - 0: Psy_Wombats

Not Voting: Gourd, Psy_wombats, Infectionfiles, Jeroen, Lockez, demonlord

With six alive, it takes four votes to execute.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Gourd_Clae
author=Jeroen_Sol
The nightkill must be an action. One of the possible town roles is tracker, and there is no roleblocker in either of the tracker scenarios. Tell me, what is the use of a town tracker if nightkill isn't an action?
I already posited the idea that it'd count as an action when there's only one scum left. That's not useless.
Your argument is that you couldn't have been blocked from a kill because there's another scum and half of the jailer's power just randomly doesn't work until one of the scum dies? Holy shit. Get real. There's no reason to think the game works that way, the OP doesn't say shit, and there's never been a game on RMN that worked that way in the seven years I've been here.

I guess the advantage of being in scum chat is that you are the only ones who know the game rules, and therefore can make up whatever you want and try to convince the rest of the players that they're playing a different game than they really are? This is not even a realistic scenario to convince people of, it's one of those outrageous scenarios scum comes up with at the last minute because they realize they backed themselves into a corner.

This reminds me a lot of Blobofgoo's game last year, when Psy (who was scum) tried to convince us that he had the vigilante sword and simply didn't use it, and so it got taken from him by the moderator. He made this case despite the fact that the rules said nothing about this possibility. Scum sees a scenario where the game setup makes them very likely to be guilty, so instead of trying to argue that people could be wrong about their actions, they try to argue that people could be wrong about the setup.

When I went to sleep I thought Jeroen vs. Gourd was kind of a toss-up. Now I feel pretty sure one of the scum is Gourd.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
In fact, between this and Psy's original argument about how he'd be an unlikely night kill target, I'm actually gonna go ahead and #lynch Gourd_Clae
well you coulda said it nicely at least ;w; And my argument now is that mafia must not have targeted someone.

I realized my idea was kinda weird eventually harUMPH