[MAFIA] SIMPLE MAFIA FOR NORMAL PEOPLE

I know you addressed most of that stuff haha, I just find it more feasible that you're scum. As for the "ninja'd" post I assume you posted that after you read my stuff and realized you might need cover. And by withheld your opinion, I meant your opinion on Gourd=scum not if my claim was legit, although I see you updated the chart in red. With a bit of luck Gourd is the roleblocker and we can figure this out tomorrow.

Agreed that LockeZ is town though -- if he's not, then well played, fine. I'll reread some demon stuff as if you're really town, Jero, then he would be the only reason to confirm IF over you, right?

@LockeZ: Gourd never voted against Jeroen or put suspicion on him, just the other way around. I think it /was/ dangerous which is why Jero cancelled after two votes jumped on. I didn't read the climate at the time as town fighting against the train at all -- it felt like Isri/Gourd was going to be the choice at that point. But anyway, rereading, this is the weird stuff from Gourd: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23154/?post=826874#post826874 -- the reasoning is that Jero is scum, and IF is his most likely partner, so, end the day by... voting IF? I assume he knows he's dead so it's hard to read the vote but from what I've seen dying scum rarely rule explicitly on their partner.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
So it's a Devil's Proof stalemate on the ninja'd thing, haha.

Yes, if IF is not scum, then I think it must be demon, simply because I don't think it's LockeZ.

I'm also confused as to why Gourd suddenly wants to vote IF over me. It may be distancing from IF, or maybe binding himself to me to mislynch me tomorrow. Or, if his partner turns out to be demon after all, it may be intentionally setting up IF's mislynch instead, but that's a double WIFOM, so that doesn't seem likely.
Personally I think it's IF. With no real answer to my argument, I decided to just go back and reread some stuff. During my argument with gourd, it almost looked like he was distancing himself from IF while simultaneously calling me town in hopes of possibly getting me killed. IF also randomly came back once and distanced himself from gourd, and it wouldn't make much sense for them to stick together when they only need one alive to win.

I'll throw my vote on gourd soon. I'll leave my own thought for discussion up first since psy might die tonight.
Just looked at the timer, about 9 hours left. I'll probably throw my lynch up in about an hour if nobody is here.
Well that's probably a long enough wait, and I need to focus on other things....so

#lynch Gourd_Clae
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
On mobile. Gourd died. Gourd was vanilla town.

Night actions within 24 hours
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
Actually I'm calling it cause I assume scum won't develop a brain tumor in the next 24 hours.

Locked and IF are the scumteam. They win. Everyone else doesn't win.

If being lurking scum is unfortunate but he had rl shit but also since that is his scum MO , well.

Ultimately it probably wouldn't have mattered since people thought lockez was town

I have some experimental anti lurker rules for use next time

The chart was good but town drew the wrong conclusion s from it. The scumteam made the least amount of alignment calls overall

I guess I should have spelled out how one scum had to perform the nk in the OP. Couldn't really answer stuff like that in the thread, but also that's how I run all my games, and how you all should too, so tracker and watchers can do things.

Hope you had fun
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=psy_wombats
If scumteam is like Jero/demon or LockeZ/IF or something then good game, I'm an idiot.

I second this statement. I'm a fucking moron. Gourd, I am so sorry.

GG. Good job Locke! You had me completely fooled. I never doubted you for more than 5 seconds on the last day phase.

This was a very fun game! I've said it at the start of the game, but I love the semi-open, semi-closed setup.

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I guess I should have spelled out how one scum had to perform the nk in the OP. Couldn't really answer stuff like that in the thread, but also that's how I run all my games, and how you all should too, so tracker and watchers can do things.

I thought so. It wouldn't really have made much sense otherwise. And I agree that's the best way to do it, or otherwise with a goon performing the NK while the power roles do their thing.

I'm still interested though. How would you have resolved Jailer and Roleblocker targetting each other?
Yeahh nice job LockeZ, like literally the only clue there was the "no scumleans on day 2" stuff. We were probably doomed from day 1 what with outing a PR and no votes even coming close to scum.

Curious though -- why not roleblock cap vs kill him? And you guys didn't actually try to kill Gourd right?
Jeroen_Sol
I was floating the idea of nolynching to force LYLO or voting IF because he was the guy I kept getting back to who just HAD to be scum even if Gourd wasn't.

Hindsight 20/20.
I was tossing that idea around myself. My argument wasn't quite correct because gourd himself was town, but perhaps I should have went with my instinct and defended him a bit harder instead of letting myself get persuaded by majority vote. Probably wouldn't have mattered though. I had also mentioned lockez didn't seem as aggressive this game as other games. Should have pursued that but the others seemed like clearer targets.

Anyways, good work lockez.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
Had me fooled too, GG all!

Also sorry for wanting to kill you, Gourd. I didn't realize the truth until the very last minute.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I was totes sure Jeroen was scum. I kept telling Ozzy but Ozzy kept saying he wasn't watching because he was pouting for not being able to get in.
Jeroen_Sol
Well, that means I played a terrible game. Which is accurate.

Or maybe it means I'm the same whether I'm scum or town? That would be a more positive way of looking at it. I'm gonna go with that, haha.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
XD

Yeah! We'll go with that!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=psy_wombats
Curious though -- why not roleblock cap vs kill him? And you guys didn't actually try to kill Gourd right?

There was a 50% chance that Cap_H was a backup rather than the active jailkeeper so blocking him didn't make sense to me. Better to get him out of the way.

We almost roleblocked him AND killed him simultaneously. We actually did that to Gourd on night 2.

And yeah we tried to kill Gourd. I thought he was the jailer. We knew it was either Gourd or Psy, and Psy had a post on day 2 where he argued why Ebeth couldn't be the jailer, which I thought was something he would have been unlikely to think of unless he had been trying to figure out who the jailer was. Which implied to me that Psy wasn't the jailer. I was wrong but then then Psy did all our work for us deciding that Gourd was such an unlikely target that he must be scum. I loved it.
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
I figured it out too late for it to matter OTL

Anyway good game guys!! And sorry for going after you on day 1 Gourd- I was just so sure you were scum!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Jeroen_Sol
I'm still interested though. How would you have resolved Jailer and Roleblocker targetting each other?
I was killing and IF was blocking. Actually technically we got to pick who did the kill, but IF couldn't do both on the same night, just one action per person. So it was always me. So if IF and Psy had a Mexican Stand-off then neither one would be targeting the killer and I would just murder someone unobstructed.
Jeroen_Sol
That makes sense! I was talking about the situation where goon was dead and roleblocker was the only one left, but if IF couldn't do both on the same night that would also be resolved. And it would actually be resolved in favour of the jailer, I guess, Either mafia roleblocks and nothing happens, or mafia tries to kill but is roleblocked. So Psy's power wouldn't have been useless, haha. Too bad we got the first step all wrong.

And Ebeth, I owe you an apology as well.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=psy_wombats
Yeahh nice job LockeZ, like literally the only clue there was the "no scumleans on day 2" stuff. We were probably doomed from day 1 what with outing a PR and no votes even coming close to scum.

My thinking was that it is better if I get killed as backup than you as a real tracker. Information is good for town. I didn't want to claim openly, becuz It would be better for scum to search for the real deal. I admit that in some ways it was suboptimal.

What was worse were my reads...

I enjoyed the game overall and I think that town will be able to win now.