VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND STATISTICS

Pages: first prev 123 last
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Vaguely related:

ETA: Finally, a worthy snipe!
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Oh hey, look at that I was among the top people by posts made last month! I will surpass kloe in post count one day, even though she's 2000 posts ahead, just you wait you little girl!

On other news, Kentona has been dethroned yet again by Liberty and Liberty has also broken the 20.000MS ceiling :O
Speaking of really shitty comic adaptationz, that Riveedale show was fucking terrible . It wasn't the least bit funny, wholesome or irreverent. (srsly they thought it was a good idea if every single resident had a past darker than a blackhole. It was ridiculous)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=InfectionFiles
Are movies based on comics or games really ever that great, though? :(

No, good games are not something to turn in a film. Firewatch may turn out ok, but I doubt that it will be a great film. If you look at the game properly, you find out that it's a radio play plus hiking.
There are good comics like Fell, but again they're far from great films. They can be fun to watch, tho.
I'm kind of X-Men nerd and I have to agree that they're terrible. But not worse than Avengers or Thor (I don't like the director). I think the first Iron Man was decent and Captain America quite good.
Kick-Ass, RED and Watchmen were quite fun too.
Persepolis is a well regarded film.

I want a film about Rogue.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Wonder Woman could easily be my favorite comic book movie. I really loved Iron Man, too. Really enjoyed Watchmen, too. Captain America was a lot of fun. I disagree on Thor. I thought that was a lot of fun. Marvel has sort of fallen flat, though in the MCU. I watched a video that made a really good point about it. Marvel's trying to reproduce what they did in phase one, but are so insecure they're putting jokes everywhere to the point where their subsequent films have become a parody of the previous film. Every serious moment now has to have a joke. It's like they have no confidence in their important scenes to carry themselves.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I was really hyped for Thor, so I ended up being more critical.
I think Iron Man was good, because nobody really cared about the character, he was a loser among Marvel's series, and they made him Batman from Beverly Hills. Iron Man 2 wasn't that good, tho. 'Edgy' jokes and references in some recent films are breaking it too. Some goes for dark atmosphere of DC stuff. Everything is like fake Batman.

WW and Antman are on my bucket list.

I heard Y: The Last Man was supposed to be adapted. That would be quite exciting.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I wasn't really a fan of the Thor movie, but it worked out OK I guess. The first Cap movie is gold, but that's mainly because it was apparently custom made for me in almost every respect.

MCU works best when it lets its creators pretty loose. Unless that creator is Joss Whedon, because he sucks.

Wonder Woman is really good for the most part and actually has an emotional core to it that works, which is a surprise from DC's movies. I recommend it.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Watchmen actually was pretty good. Though I don't exactly like the source material itself. I don't really know why, just never stuck to me. Probably because it in itself is kinda a mockery of what I enjoy. (I don't read comics for non-fiction)
Sooz
It's an important (and well-done) piece of comics history, but it's not exactly a "fun" read. Though I don't think it was intended to mock anything, so much as just mess around with ideas.
Comic book movies: serious business.

(I've liked almost all of them, from X-Men to Logan to Deadpool to the entire MCU. Even Man of Steel. I haven't seen Wonder Woman yet, but Batman v Superman was meh. As was that first Hulk movie. I've even enjoyed the first Spiderman and Daredevil. I loved Watchmen. I disliked Kick-Ass. LEGO Batman was awesome.)
Pages: first prev 123 last