THE "GAME SEARCH" THREAD

Pages: 1
(Possibly sticky this)

I know you've had this happen. You look for a specific game that you played awhile back, got a new computer, and can't honestly remember the title. The Custom Search doesn't really help with stuff that doesn't show up as tagged. The game is older so not under new games. It didn't make the featured games list either, but you can remember certain details. Like, "it was a board game and had a cute girl who was looking to get rich and a flying demon who spun a wheel." (Pocket Quest) Or "it had this dude who was told by a king to get these crystals, and some redhaired girl with sealed magic and this hunter guy are also involved. There's pet food too." (Forever's End)

Basically, you describe the game and people who have played it save each other the trouble of searching through (last I checked) 100+ pages even of Completed games.

The game I wanted to play was... nvm, I was actually playing the very game I wanted. It was Phantom Legacy. The game I wanted had some white-haired guy who was stuck in a small town.

It's not bad idea, not sure if this is gonna get any use. :)

Did you invent these examples?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

It might be better as a forum game. Where you describe a game and someone tries to find it and guess what it is.

ie. I'm trying to find a completed game that was created in RPG Maker VX Ace. It was about a girl / something based on a fairy tale / trying to get revenge / had multiple endings.

Now you can try to guess what the game is. Prize = nothing :)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
You know, I've a funny feeling you're talking about Othello, kory. Not 100% sure, though.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=Marrend
You know, I've a funny feeling you're talking about Othello, kory. Not 100% sure, though.

Othello is not based on a "fairy tale." (Even if you are connecting it to Shakespeare, his works are not associated with fairy tales.) Though tech the other stuff might fit Othello.

Also the game I'm thinking about can be beaten within a couple of minutes.
Pages: 1