[CLOSAT] C IS FOR CHARACTER

Pages: 1
~ CLOSAT ~
C is for Character

What is this?
This is the start of a series of Creative Writing exercises. There will be seven (7) topics/parts to the series, this being the first, and all are aimed at creation.

This first episode will focus on character creation.

But what is a CLOSAT?
It's a culmination of a group of different exercises that combine to create a story. It starts with creation and ends in a fun finished product made of random bits and bobs. We ran a version of it a long time ago and I'm bringing it back for funsies!

So what do we have to do?
Firstly, decide whether or not you are going to stick around for all seven parts. I'm aiming to have them done within a few weeks time, and some parts are longer than others.

Secondly, each topic will ask you to create something. This something will be used by others so don't throw out anything that you'd rather not be shared.

Lastly, create.

What are we creating?

This time, as the topic header states, we'll be creating characters. Each person who decides to join up will create two characters. You'll do this like so:

- Find a random name generator via google. There's some here and here.

- Pick a name for each character - doesn't matter how odd or awesome.
- Give them a description within 10 words or less.
- Give them a quick bio in less than 50 words.
- Post them in this thread.

- I'll add my two examples in the character section.
- This Friday will be the deadline. That is August 11.
(That said, if you come in to the series late, as long as you add to the other topics, you may join in still until the end.)

It doesn't matter how odd the character is. These will be used for something, though, so don't go too crazy, okay?

Once your character is done, they'll be added to the topic. This will be referenced at a later date.

Create~

Current Creators

Liberty
Marrend
pianotm
suzy_cheesedreams
OzzytheOne
Shinan (1/2)
Altered

Characters

Name: Hilda Cathleen Mercado
Description: Twelve, extremely pale, huge eyes, pale wispy hair
Bio: Daughter of a Baron, her family were murdered when she was still a child. She grew up in a church, shy and lonely, terrified of any and everything around her. She hates her name and how much she looks like her father. Very quiet, but also quite curious.

Name: Maximo Sharp
Description: Middle-aged man. Loves frills and armour. Intelligent and highly skilled.
Bio: An ex-bandit-turned-bodyguard, he finds himself in charge of the protection of various fops and nobles. Sometimes he longs to return to being a bandit, but he finds that more coin is to made in guarding than purloining. It's a tad safer, too. Enjoys messing with his snootier and foppish clients.

Name: Kathie Waller
Description: Middle-aged woman, hazy green eyes, short sandy hair
Bio: An alchemist by trade, she lives alone near a particularly reagent-heavy swamp. Of course, there is the odd rumor that she's a which that brews dangerous concoctions, but, nothing can be further from the truth.

Name: Rusty Mcintosh
Description: Young man, red hair, blue eyes
Bio: An ambitious and calculating man who has made himself indispensable to the gentry and nobles. It was through his work that he now lives among that privileged class, even if he is of more common birth.

Name: Sharora
Description: Elf, young in appearance, dark red, dark skin, silver irises.
Bio: A disaster kills her family and badly wounds her, making her mute and causing a permanent limp. Trying to survive in an unfamiliar wilderness. Skilled animal charmer (though without her voice, eye contact is mandatory), weaver, and harpist.

Name:
Liam MacGille
Description: Tall, broad-shouldered, strong jawed, scruffy facial hair.
Bio: Ex-soldier, now living his life as a farmer. His wife is deceased as a result of disease, and is raising his very young daughter on his own. He's not afraid to speak his mind, and rarely spares anyone's feelings, except his daughter's.

Name: Orron Tirr
Description: Scarred, lean, green-haired, elven, jaw like an anvil.
Bio: An excellent fighter, famed for slaying a dragon. Stories don't tell of the peasants who fought beside him, many of whom died defending their own town. Bitterness festers inside Orron. He seeks a master of healing to study under in his middle age.

Name: Lady Erina Ide
Description: Striking blue eyes, mousy-haired.
Bio: Discerning and austere, Erina manages her castle and land alone after her mother's death, though she takes council from people of various stations. She will take anyone under her protection, but is swift and resolute when betrayed or challenged.

Name: Nina Farthing
Description: Small eyes with black irises, short stature, dark leather clothing.
Bio: A wealthy merchant's daughter who loves to travel after being cooped up in a girls' school of sorcery for half her life.

Name: Fog
Description: Squat, gnarled, covered in warts, with long brittle hair.
Bio: A swamp witch smelling of mud and animals, she is eager for visitors, and always opens up her house to travellers should they need a bed for the night. Asks for news and gossip in return.

Name: Philippa Heinrich
Description: Middle aged female, short white hair, deep green eyes
Bio: Skilled magician known for her exploits as a hunter and rehabilitator of witches. Kind and full of patience she will offer mercy even to the vilest of witches. Her husband was lost to a dragon's attack.

Name: Gerard Vance
Description: Young male, bald, toothbrush mustache, muscular, lazy
Bio: Skilled yet immensely lazy, this talented archer can hit a butterfly's body from 100 meters. A happy fellow that is easy to anger when people dare question his skill in archery due to his bulky appearence.

Name: Lars Ruotsalainen
Description: Slightly overweight, short light brown hair, glasses. 39 years old.
Bio: Office worker. Divorced with two kids, Anna (eight) and Markus (twelve), who visit him every other weekend. Hobby wine enthusiast, likes football and plays goalkeeper in a team with work mates. Dreamed about finishing a comic book he started when he was younger and has lots of unfinished pages.

Name: Zachariah
Description: Young adult, short, black hair, brown skinned, solid white eyes
Bio: Growing up in a traveling witch community he learned magic from the elders at a very young age, now on his own he travels the lands seeking old magic that can awaken a long forgotten goddess.

Name: Edina Gagarin
Description: Teen, tall, brown hair, tan, hazel eyes, obnoxiously bright clothing
Bio: Living in a major trade city Edina was exposed to many different cultures and types of people, fascinated with their stories Edina dedicated herself to collecting myths and stories from as many cultures she could and publishing a book containing them.

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Pretty much off the top of my head with this.

Name: Kathie Waller
Description: Middle-aged woman, hazy green eyes, short sandy hair
Bio: An alchemist by trade, she lives alone near a particularly reagent-heavy swamp. Of course, there is the odd rumor that she's a which that brews dangerous concoctions, but, nothing can be further from the truth.

Name: Rusty Mcintosh
Description: Young man, red hair, blue eyes
Bio: An ambitious and calculating man who has made himself indispensable to the gentry and nobles. It was through his work that he now lives among that privileged class, even if he is of more common birth.

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
It's spelled closet, Liberty. Gosh, if you're doing a writing event then at least get that right. ;p

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Nope. It's CLOSAT!

*Edit: Well, CLOSAT part 2, I suppose.

*Edit: It's slowly dawning on me that InfectionFiles might have been kidding. I still stand by this statement.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Name: Sharora
Description: Elf, young in appearance, dark red, dark skin, silver irises.
Bio: A disaster kills her family and badly wounds her, making her mute and causing a permanent limp. Trying to survive in an unfamiliar wilderness. Skilled animal charmer (though without her voice, eye contact is mandatory), weaver, and harpist.

Name: Liam MacGille
Description: Tall, broad-shouldered, strong jawed, scruffy facial hair.
Bio: Ex-soldier, now living his life as a farmer. His wife is deceased as a result of disease, and is raising his very young daughter on his own. He's not afraid to speak his mind, and rarely spares anyone's feelings, except his daughter's.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Marrend
Nope. It's CLOSAT!

*Edit: Well, CLOSAT part 2, I suppose.

*Edit: It's slowly dawning on me that InfectionFiles might have been kidding. I still stand by this statement.

I was kidding! I was hopeful the ";p" made it sarcasm. I'll have to up my game.
Name: Orron Tirr
Description: Scarred, lean, green-haired, elven, jaw like an anvil.
Bio: An excellent fighter, famed for slaying a dragon. Stories don't tell of the peasants who fought beside him, many of whom died defending their own town. Bitterness festers inside Orron. He seeks a master of healing to study under in his middle age.

Name: Lady Erina Ide
Description: Striking blue eyes, mousy-haired.
Bio: Discerning and austere, Erina manages her castle and land alone after her mother's death, though she takes council from people of various stations. She will take anyone under her protection, but is swift and resolute when betrayed or challenged.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Name: Philippa Heinrich
Description: Middle aged female, short white hair, deep green eyes
Bio: Skilled magician known for her exploits as a hunter and rehabilitator of witches. Kind and full of patience she will offer mercy even to the vilest of witches. Her husband was lost to a dragon's attack.

Name: Gerard Vance
Description: Young male, bald, toothbrush mustache, muscular, lazy
Bio: Skilled yet immensely lazy, this talented archer can hit a butterfly's body from 100 meters. A happy fellow that is easy to anger when people dare question his skill in archery due to his bulky appearence.
Description:Twelve, extremely pale, huge eyes, pale wispy hair
I can't help but read this as this person having twelve extremely pale and huge eyes.

Name: Lars Ruotsalainen
Description: Slightly overweight, short light brown hair, glasses. 39 years old.
Bio: Office worker. Divorced with two kids, Anna (eight) and Markus (twelve), who visit him every other weekend. Hobby wine enthusiast, likes football and plays goalkeeper in a team with work mates. Dreamed about finishing a comic book he started when he was younger and has lots of unfinished pages.

EDIT: Didn't see the word count limit, so truncated the bio from 80+ words to 50.
Heads-up = https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23221/
L is for Location!

(also you're missing one, Shinny~ ;p )
Name: Zachariah
Description: Young adult, short, black hair, brown skinned, solid white eyes
Bio: Growing up in a traveling witch community he learned magic from the elders at a very young age, now on his own he travels the lands seeking old magic that can awaken a long forgotten goddess.

Name: Edina Gagarin
Description: Teen, tall, brown hair, tan, hazel eyes, obnoxiously bright clothing
Bio: Living in a major trade city Edina was exposed to many different cultures and types of people, fascinated with their stories Edina dedicated herself to collecting myths and stories from as many cultures she could and publishing a book containing them.
Just letting you all know that you may do more of these if you so wish. The more randomisation chance we have in the 7th topic, the more interesting it will be. ^.^)b
Name: Nina Farthing
Description: Small eyes with black irises, short stature, dark leather clothing.
Bio: A wealthy merchant's daughter who loves to travel after being cooped up in a girls' school of sorcery for half her life.

Name: Fog
Description: Squat, gnarled, covered in warts, with long brittle hair.
Bio: A swamp witch smelling of mud and animals, she is eager for visitors, and always opens up her house to travellers should they need a bed for the night. Asks for news and gossip in return.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Name: Naomhán Pepijn
Description: Tall, noble, blue and alien.
Bio: Though privately a fifteen year old from Earth, Naomhán is the bravest warrior in his server of Sever Online. His people are lanky, four armed creatures with hunched backs, blue skins, and mouths that hinge at waist. Preferring the tribal weapon Fëi, which is a single-hand hooked blade that curves over the user's knuckles. His tribe, Shortstaff of Sulheem race, tend to use four Fëi at a time. Naomhám has a personal feud with the Teabag Tribe across the river, as they tend to spawn-camp the rez point near Cottonmouth Canyon. Aside from the usual raid parties, Naomhám spends his time flirting with a 42 year old woman in Oklahoma, who uses the avatar 'Nadezhda Uma', a pink friargnome.

Name: Aileen Katy Lambert
Description: Mousy librarian with a dark secret.
Bio: Aileen stands at 5 feet 1 inch, has deep chocolate skin, dark curly hair tied in a tight knot at the back of her head, and too-large round glasses. She seems, at a glance, to be extremely reserved, nervous, and proper. In secret, after the stifling hours of daylight, Aileen's hair comes undone, and glasses come off... Yes, and beneath her stern facade, lays her secret. A secret so sinister that she dare not even tell her family. No oje knows what her secret is, including me, because the curtains are always drawn swiftly after "Secret Aileen" emerges. What could that mystery be? Perhaps she is secretly a cat owner.

Oh crap are these too long? I can trim the fat.
Name: Brion Fysh
Description: A middle-aged gnome with gaunt cheeks, hooded blue-hazel eyes, and a stern countenance.
Bio: An unfriendly scholar and tutor, member of an order of sorcerous monks. Only appreciates industrious students, and despises the impudent and lazy. Prone to flattery.

Name: Amrella
Description: Rosy-faced elven woman of hefty weight, with sharp blue eyes.
Bio: An agent of a long-reaching network of elven spies, Amrella developed a keen ability to listen and observe others as a child captive. Because of her naturally generous stature, she was never recruited as a ranger or rebel fighter but instead proved herself useful as an eavesdropping barmaid.
Name: An Prionsa Deryn, Prince Deryn
Description: Short, blonde hair, green eyes, limps, savvy intelligence.
Bio: An Prionsa Deryn is a prince of Cormlagen and the ruler of Kylmathomafelyn. Father is Sinjin III, Mother is Oceana Magnifoso of Gateau. When age six, he shattered his leg in a riding accident and now walks with heavy limp. Well read, intelligent, and a savvy politician.

Name: First Mate Sanders
Description: Middle-aged man, grey hair, many scars, salty, Tatoon accent.
Bio: Was a pirate under Captain Virgo the Seawolf. Wounded in battle when ship was ambushed by a fleet of Milanese warships. He survived the wound and found a traitor who sold them out to the Milanese. Sanders took bloody vengeance upon him and ran him through. Currently in hiding.
Pages: 1