SPREAD THE LOVE - REVIEW JAM

Pages: first 1234 next last

..:: August 8th to September 5th 2017 ::..

Review games this month for your chance to win a selection of games! For the next four Fridays (starting August 18th going until September 8th), I will be randomly selecting TWO PEOPLE from the list of of people who submitted an accepted review to RMN during the previous week (Tuesday to Monday), and those users will have the opportunity to select a prize from my Steam Gift Inventory. The winners select first-come-first-served (since there are two prizes per week, and also if people don't respond in time before the next winners are chosen, too bad!). THIS IS THE LAST OF THE INVENTORY SINCE STEAM CHANGED THEIR INVENTORY POLICY... so get while the gettin's good yo!

*Requires a Steam account and you being my friend (on Steam)

As an example, for each accepted review on RMN dated August 8th to August 14th, the author's name will be added to the pool of users from which I will randomly select TWO winners on August 18th. Multiple reviews in the same period nets you multiple entries in the pool for that week. If you win, you get to choose a prize from the remaining Steam Gift Inventory and I will gift it to you via Steam. After winners are chosen, we start all over again the next week! (thus when I do the draw on August 25th, it will be for people who had a reivew accepted from August 15th to 21st, and so on until the final draw on September 8th.)

If you already have an accepted review this week, then you are in this week's draw automatically! I am going to go by RMN's UTC time clock for the cutoff times. For this first week, I am going to be a pal and go back to August 5th to gather entries.

Makes sense?

If you submit a review during the event, you will receive an achievement corresponding to that week's theme worth 15ms. Limit one achievement per theme. Collecting at least 2 spreads nets you the Butter Knife achievement worth an additional 25ms.

PRIZES ::..

Burnout Paradise Ultimate Edition
Cities Skylines
Deponia
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
Dragonball Xenoverse XV
DuckTales
FarCry 3: Blood Dragon
Grim Dawn
Helen's Mysterious Castle
Never Alone
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
RPG Maker VX Ace
Trails in the Sky
Two Worlds II Castle Defense
Undertale

RESULTS ::..

Week 1 theme: Peanut Butter
Week 1 dates: August 8th to August 14th
Week 1 results: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23205/?post=827437#post827437
Week 1 winner: Frogge and MoralAnxietyStudio
Claimed: Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition and Undertale

Week 2 theme: Nutella
Week 2 dates: August 15th to August 21st
Week 2 results: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23205/?post=827980#post827980
Week 2 winner: Corfaisus x2 (donated one to todpole)
Claimed: Grim Dawn and DuckTales

Week 3 theme: Cheez Whiz
Week 3 dates: August 22nd to August 28st
Week 3 results: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23205/?post=829293#post829293
Week 3 winner: Waxius and aquatorrent
Claimed: Trails in the Sky and RMVXAce

Week 4 theme: Vegemite
Week 4 dates: August 29th to September 4th
Week 4 results: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23205/?post=830116#post830116
Week 4 winner: thesacredlobo and Kurori
Claimed: DragonAge and TBD
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I think I'll spread some peanut butter.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
I'm always amazed by how good you are at coming up with themes for events like these.

I really want some peanut butter, too! Hopefully I'll be able to get something done for this event...
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Not participating but I wanted to say that this is the best event name.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Reviewing jam: This jam tastes very good 10/10

jokes aside I've been looking forward to another review event because these are pretty much the only things that inspire me to play new games nowadays
Review as many games as you can before the nuclear apocalypse!
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Well i just put 3 tickets into this particular lotto.
I'll wait until next week to put another 3.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You sir have 2 different starting dates.

8 or 18.

"..:: August 8th to September 5th 2017 ::..

Review games this month for your chance to win a selection of games! For the next four Fridays (starting August 18th going until September 8th)"

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
It specifically says August 18th will be the first prize-drawing, and has nothing to do with when the event starts.

As an example, for each accepted review on RMN dated August 8th to August 14th, the author's name will be added to the pool of users from which I will randomly select TWO winners on August 18th.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=Marrend
It specifically says August 18th will be the first prize-drawing, and has nothing to do with when the event starts.

As an example, for each accepted review on RMN dated August 8th to August 14th, the author's name will be added to the pool of users from which I will randomly select TWO winners on August 18th.

Misread it.

I hate that new Steam policy thing though.
All my free RMN games are going to run out.

author=NeverSilent
I'm always amazed by how good you are at coming up with themes for events like these.

I really want some peanut butter, too! Hopefully I'll be able to get something done for this event...

It's amazing how creative one gets when one devotes a significant amount of time towards avoiding work.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=kory_toombs
author=Marrend

Misread it.

What is that? How does it work?
author=Cap_H
author=kory_toombs
author=Marrend

Misread it.

What is that? How does it work?
You used to be able to buy games and send them directly to your Inventory on Steam, for gifting purposes later. It was justified as a way to stop resellers from profiting on price differences between regions.

"Steam Gifting will now be a system of direct exchange from gift buyer to gift receiver, and we will be retiring the Gift to E-mail and Gift to Inventory options"

Honestly, I haven't bought a game on Steam since they announced the change. I only ever paid attention to sales so I could stock up RMN's reserves. People think it sucks; no one likes the change.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1301948399254001159

EDIT:
I think I will pay closer attention to GOG and Humble, since those can also do "gifting" but it is with a code. Plus, GOG is DRM-free.
This should be called Summer Lovin' Review Jam... Spread the Love sounds like a February thing!
but then how do I work that name into achievements centered around spreads like peanut butter?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I seriously need to get back to writing reviews since that thing happened, and this is just the kind of event I need to get motivated. I'm not even that concerned about getting free games, I'm really just in for the achievements (but games are welcome, too). I've also Spread the News on my Facebook page encouraging my friends to register here to help out the website and post some reviews.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
To be fair I don't mind the new system. I can finally gift stuff to people, I used to never be able to do that because stupid country system >.<
author=kentona
but then how do I work that name into achievements centered around spreads like peanut butter?

Hmm... Peanut Butter & Review Jam does sound good. You win this round. Carry on!
whoa, i just know this. i hope i'll be able to submit one on time.
Pages: first 1234 next last