BUN-BO FORUM RPG

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=pianotm
So, we have to make new characters?

For Episode 1, I'd definitely prefer it.
But if you can contrive a way that a teenaged cheerleader would be playing D&D, I'm game.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Oh, that's simple! She thinks it's lame, but she's trying it because her friend wanted her to. (Based on a true story. Spoiler alert: she got hooked.).
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Tempting, but I have just a bit too much going on these days.
I never did distribute Rashers' plot points...
Dudesoft
author=halibabica
Tempting, but I have just a bit too much going on these days.
I never did distribute Rashers' plot points...

If you want to do so, pm me anytime!
halibabica
I never forget! I just get heavily distracted.
Dudesoft
Anyway;
Anyone who wants to play; this is about a group of nerdy toons playing Dungeons and Dragons. Make your character accordingly.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Hey hey! I think I'll give this game a shot; gimme a few to make a character, and I'll PM the hero(ine, most likely) as soon as I can. :o
Dudesoft
Cast so far:
Marla "Nande" the Martian - played by pianotm
0 Plot Points

HP: 12

Muscle: 4
Zip: 3
Smarts: 5
Chutzpah: 5

Description: Female Martian: she looks like a regular human teenager, except her skin is green, she has antennae sticking out of her upper forehead and her eyes are big and black. She is wearing a hot skirt and cheerleader shirt (M U on the chest.). Both shirt and skirt are red any lettering is white with black borders.

Natural Enemies: Men in Black and her overprotective parents.

Beliefs: 1: I'm so cute everyone should like me!
2: My parents are always wrong! "Do your advanced astrophysics! Settle down with a nice megalomaniac! Conquer Earth!" None of that sounds cool at all!

Goal: 1: Find a UFO repairman (there are none on Earth) and get home.
2: Get the hot Mars Ball team captain to ask me to the prom!

Possessions: Paper & Pencil
Bottle of Perfume
Lipstick
Mirror
Chewing Gum
Ray Gun (non-lethal)
Ukelele
Gizmo
Pocket Calculator
Astronomy Textbook
Handful of Wires
Grandma's Ashes
Forks x20
Metal Trays x20
Jet Fuel (cafeteria food) x20
1x Calculus Nerd

Muscle Skills:
Break Down Door 4
Climb 4
Fight 4
Pick Up Heavy Thing 4
Throw 4

Zip Skills:
Dodge 9
Drive Vehicle 3
Fire Gun 7
Jump 3
Ride 3
Run 6
Swim 3

Smarts Skills:
Hide/Spot Hidden 7
Identify Dangerous Thing 6
Read 7
Resist Fast-Talk 8
See/Hear/Smell 6
Set/Disarm Trap 5
Track/Cover Tracks 7

Chutzpah Skills:
Fast-Talk 9
Pass/Detect Shoddy Goods 5
Sleight of Hand 9
Sneak 8

Shtick:
Invisibility 5
Teleport 5

Janna Ariav - played by AtiyaTheSeeker
0 Plot Points

HP - 7
Muscle - 4
Zip - 4
Smarts - 3
Chutzpah - 3

Species: Lion
Job: Cook (and part-time Adventurer)
Description: A wild-child hero with an appetite for adventure and food alike!
Natural Enemies: Villains & Hyenas
Beliefs: "Nothing tasted, nothing savored!"
Goals: Defeat villains, enjoy tasty meals and beverages.

Normal Items: Lunch, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Marbles, Bottle of Perfume.
Unusual Items: Boxing Gloves, Sleepy Time Pills, Groucho Marx Disguise.
Custom Unusual Item: Super-Hot Spices.

Muscle Skills (7 pts):
Break Down Door - 6 (+2)
Climb - 4
Fight - 7 (+3)
Pick Up Heavy Thing - 5 (+1)
Throw - 5 (+1)

Zip Skills (7 pts):
Dodge - 7 (+3)
Drive Vehicle - 4
Fire Gun - 4
Jump - 6 (+2)
Ride - 4
Run - 6 (+2)
Swim - 4

Smarts Skills (10 pts):
Hide/Spot Hidden - 6 (+3)
Identify Dangerous Thing - 5 (+2)
Read - 4 (+1)
Resist Fast Talk - 4 (+1)
See/Hear/Smell - 6 (+3)
Set/Disarm Trap - 3
Track/Cover Tracks - 3

Chutzpah Skills (6 pts):
Fast Talk - 3
Pass/Detect Shoddy Goods - 3
Sleight of Hand - 6 (+3)
Sneak - 6 (+3)

Franny Fox, the fennec fox - played by pyrodoom
0 Plot Points

Attributes
Muscle: 4
Zip: 3
Smarts: 3
Chutzpah: 4

Hit Points: 11

Description
Franny Fox is a chubby fennec fox standing at a short 3 feet 4 inches and weighing around 130 pounds, with orange fur, blue eyes, a tail just barely shorter than she is tall, sharp claws, and ginger, neck-length headfur with a bang covering one of her eyes. Franny wears a loose, purple jacket over a snug, black t-shirt and black combat boots. Finally, she has an emerald earstud in her left ear.

Natural Enemies
Rabbits, Robots, and Goody-two-shoes/heroes

Beliefs & Goals
Belief: I'm no dumb goody-two-shoes - nice girls finish last after all~

Goals: 1. Ruin other people's day, having as much fun as possible doing it.
2. Get something to eat - doesn't have to be much, and if it intersects with goal one, even better.

Possessions
Normal Possessions: Gun, Chewing Gum, Bottle of Perfume, Mirror
Unusual Possessions: Gizmo, Skateboard, Cellphone
Custom Unusual Possessions: Baseball Bat

Skills
Muscle Skills:
Break Down Door: 4
Climb: 4 + 1 = 5
Fight: 4 + 1 = 5
Pick Up Heavy Thing: 4
Throw: 4

Zip Skills:
Dodge: 3
Drive Vehicle: 3
Fire Gun: 3 + 3 = 6
Jump: 3
Ride: 3
Run: 3
Swim: 3

Smarts Skills:
Hide/Spot Hidden: 3 + 2 = 5
Identify Dangerous Thing: 3 + 1 = 4
Read: 3
Resist Fast-Talk: 3 + 3 = 6
See/Hear/Smell: 3 + 4 = 7
Set/Disarm Trap: 3
Track/Cover Tracks: 3

Chutzpah Skills:
Fast-Talk: 4 + 4 = 8
Pass/Detect Shoddy Goods: 4
Sleight of Hand: 4
Sneak: 4 + 5 = 9

Shticks
Quick Disguise
Stretching
AtiyaTheSeeker
Alrighty, cool to see everyone in action. When are we gonna start up, or are we waiting for one more player?
I believe he's planned for Friday, perhaps in-case one more player wants to join.
Dudesoft

At long last, the weekend has come. A grueling week of learning, evading bullies, and solving midnight mysteries is over. Only Friday Night awaits, and the glorious morning of cartoons and sugar bomb cereal to follow! The barrage of ringing school bells sent the adult citizens of Forest City on edge. The kids were free from the shackles of education. Ye gods, the children were amuck...

This particular Friday Night was especially anticipated by Janna Ariav and Franny Fox. Both of whom knew the evening's events would be extra special. None other than Terry Mysnax had invited them. The Terry Mysnax. A rather shy turtle at first glance. Always seems to stay inside his shell. Those who really knew this kid knew the imagination within.

Every Friday, Terry would devise a series of adventures or games to play for a select hand-picked few. Though Janna and Franny were "First-Timers", they nonetheless knew of Terry's Legacy.
Along for the ride was the new kid, Baka Gaijin, and the Martian girl, Marla. Neither had heard of Terry Mysnax but were quickly filled in by jealous friends at school. Together these four left Anime Highschool and headed down the road to Terry Mysnax's humble abode.

Terry Mysnax lived inside a dwelling long neglected. At first glance, it might seem abandoned. The white house's windows and front door were all boarded up. Truth be told, no one really knew if this was Terry's house. However, it was the address that he had provided on the invitation.

The house stood in the middle of a clearing, and near the road sat a mailbox with its arm up.

What doth thou do?
post your intended action and the collected result of 2d6.
PM me if you have any questions.
halibabica
I'm just surprised you managed to make a turtle look both pudgy and skinny at the same time.
AtiyaTheSeeker
"Well", Janna opened, "This has gotta be the place. But I wouldn't have chosen this spot myself, mind. Wonder if they deliver pizza out this way...?"

The lioness wasn't about to be deterred by the derelict residence, and such knocked at the door without a care in the world. If no response was given, she'd merely knock harder before taking in the situation further.

(rolled a 9)
pianotm
"Are you sure this place is safe?" Tries to look in through a gap in the boards.

Franny looked up at the building, just taking in the sights, before shaking her head with a chuckle as she walked to the house.
"Hey, turtlehead, we're here! Hurry up!", she called out.
If no answer, she'd threaten to break down the door and go in herself.

(Rolled a 5.)
Dudesoft
Janna / AtiyaTheSeeker
The first few knocks bring no answer. In fact, the knocks sound on emptiness beyond. Determined to get an answer, you hammer your fist on the boarded up door.

Still no answer! Frustrating! You storm off down the few steps and feel something suddenly slam into your head.
ZONK!!!
-2 Damage!

As you rub your noggin, you see at your feet a Rusty Knife...

Marla / pianotm
The boards offer an indepth view into the door's wood grain. The windows offer little better, only scant images of a dark and dusty house interior. It is too dark to clearly see what's inside.
However, as you look around the house you notice a knife fall from the upstairs window. From your current vantage point, you're pretty sure that you can see a pair of eyes gleaming through the darkness.

Franny / pyrodoom
Disappointed at the rudeness and violence met by your classmate, you throw your shoulder into the door.
BAM!!!

However, after a moment's thought, the door rejects your advances and spits you back out again.
PATOOIE!!
You land on the ground hard.
-2 Damage!

Baka Gaijin
Meanwhile, Baka pokes around the house's mailbox and discovers an envelope. He brings this to the group's attention, and (despite the laws against opening someone else's mail) opens the envelope. Inside, Baka finds a single piece of paper, and a Rusty Key.
"Weird. All the paper says is, 'Welcome to Dork!'"

Baka offers the key to the group, as he has no use for it. Anyone can take this.
AtiyaTheSeeker
Rubbing her head after the rusty knife bonked her, Janna shrugs at Baka's discovery.

"Well, that would've made getting in the door easier. Oh well, one if you two gals take it. I can maybe use this old knife to jimmy a door open if we need to..."

Curious about the circumstances, she decides to look about the property, try I g to find another way in if the key doesn't work, being all sneaky about it...

(11, ouch for a roll-low game...)
Franny was not fond of falling on her fanny - not many would be honestly. Growling, she got up from her fall and as she rubbed the sore spot she swiped the key from Baka while mumbling something about 'dorks' clearly in response to what was on the note.
As Janna looked around, Franny stared at the only door she currently knew of in confusion.
Did it even have a lock...?

(Roll 1. Whatever skill it applies to, I've gotten the roll, lol.)
(Edit: CRAP! Forgot, 2d6 and not 1d6! ^^; My actual roll is 5, sorry.)
pianotm
What were the rules for "Gizmo" again?
Dudesoft
Gizmos:
You can also select 1 Gizmo as an Unusual item. If you have Plot Points to spend, you can buy an extra Gizmo for 1 Plot Point. Limit of 4 (and count towards your total 4 Unusual items!)
Gizmos are anything you want, but only become that thing when you need it. It is essentially an Unusual item blank spot.
Once you decide to use your Gizmo, it is permanently stuck as that item for the rest of the adventure.
You cannot get Gizmos in any way except before an adventure.