BUN-BO FORUM RPG

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Well, Marla hasn't been paying any attention to Franny, since I assume Marla knows how she can get, so being unaware of the key, Marla says, "Let me handle this!" and I walk up to the door and pull out my ACME patented Universal Hole, put it on the door and simply step through and unlock the door, retrieving my hole.

5 again. Exact same roll as last time, 1 and 4.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Character Sheets will be handled on the Front Page

Janna / AtiyaTheSeeker
Obtained the Rusty Knife!
Attempting to jimmy open the door with a rusty knife only ended in quick failure as the Rusty Knife's blade snaps in half inside the doorframe gap! Oh no!
Lost the Rusty Knife!

Cursing this pesky annoyance, Janna storms off to find another entrance. She heads around the Western side of the house and arrives at the house's rear. However, a strange substance on the ground distracts her, and the lioness continues past the house. Following the trail of what she soon discovers to be cheese powder. The powder leads deep into a creepy forest, with twisted and barren oak trees reaching into the mist smothering the forest canopy.
After a while, Janna slows down to realize a very disturbing fact: She is LOST.
Quickly, Janna decides to climb a tree with the assumption that this will lead her back AND unveil an unseen entrance to the house...

When Janna comes to rest, she is perched on the highest branch of the tallest tree. The entire forest sprawls around her. She can see in any direction...

Franny / pyrodoom
To Franny's surprise, she finds a keyhole in the front door. Right after Janna stormed off.
Two things become instantly clear to Franny:
1. This key does not fit this keyhole.
2. The key is etched with three numbers. "666".
Obtained Rusty "666" Key
+1 Plot Point!

Marla / pianotm
Without much fanfare, the martian tosses a black circle of shiny inky material at the door. The wobbly black disc adheres immediately to the door. When Marla steps into the hole, she has to use both hands to stretch the black abyss to fit. Once through, there comes a few sounds of clicks, bangs, something like a metal winch cranking, and a sonorous metallic clang breaks through the morning air. Then, the boarded up door opens to reveal Marla brushing off her cheerleader uniform.
Your Gizmo is now an UNLIMITED SUPPLY of ACME Universal Portable Holes for the remainder of the Episode.
+1 Plot Point, for getting inside first!

Baka Gaijin
Slipping his hands into his pockets, Baka Gaijin enters the house through the now-open door and has trouble seeing.
He opens his flip phone (with a Kawaii™ keychain jangling on) and activates a Gizmo App.
Gizmo App #1 becomes Flashlight for the remainder of the Episode.
Using his flashlight phone feature, Baka reveals the dark room within to be a sort of living room. It's hard to make out the details through the layers of dust.
There is a doorway to the East, a wooden door with strange gothic lettering to the West, which appears to be nailed shut, a trophy case, and a large oriental rug in the center of the room.
A Battery-Powered Brass Lantern is on the trophy case.

Baka Gaijin may be directed to use his flashlight on anything for more inspection.

The Room:
Hm. So her key is some sort of satanic symbol?
Neat!

After the door opens, not really caring to wait on Janna, she entered the house.
Looking around, the strange door with gothic lettering immediately caught her eye.
"Hey, Baka, shine your light over here." she told him as she pointed to the weird door.
Gothic was just a style, surely the text was legible right?

(Roll: 8.)
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Unsure of where to go, Janna looks to her immediate front, then left and right. She doesn't look behind her in fear of falling off the branch when shifting direction, however.

(Got a 5)
pianotm
I'm going to light that lamp.

You aren't going to believe this: 5. (2 and 3)
Dudesoft
Franny / pyrodoom
Obediently, Baka Gaijin shines his flashlight on the cryptic door. Franny holds her chin in her hand and nods ever so slightly. As if she has uncovered some ancient arcane secret.
Franny is convinced that the door says, "Behold the True".
Anyone else can try to read this sign; but as far as Franny will ever be convinced, "Behold the True" is what it says!

Janna / AtiyaTheSeeker
Vistas of rolling fog cling to the dead forest beneath you in all directions. Just beyond this sight, you see the white house from the back side. There are two windows. One is boarded up, the other is wide open...
Past the house, you see a rapid river. In the far distance, you see mountains and a volcano. The mountains wrap around the horizon to your left, and to your right, you see Forest City on the horizon.
+1 Plot Point for finding the entrance to the house!

Marla / pianotm
Marla lights the lantern, and a small click! sound is heard. Like a trap being carefully dismantled. As soon as light floods the small room, a Decorative Saber falls off the wall and hits the floor.
+1 Plot Point, for disarming a trap! And rolling Triple 5! XD

Baka Gaijin
Turning off his cellphone flashlight, Baka reads the gothic letters.
He slowly mouths the words...
(Rolled 9)
Baka thinks it says, "Believe In Yourself, and Your Dreams Will Come True!"
Clearly, unless Marla reads it and gets the right phrase, no one here can read gothic text.
Franny stood there staring at the door, before coming to a conclusion as to what "Behold the True" meant.
"I knew he was a nerd but I didn't think he was full of himself! 'Behold the true', ooh, mysterious~! I'll spend all day thinking about your dumb symbolism after this!"
Rolling her eyes, she decided to just go ahead and try her satanic key on the dumb door.

(Roll: 5)
AtiyaTheSeeker
"Ahhh, quite a view. And hey, I think I can climb up there, too". Climbing her way down carefully, Janna heads to the wide window and begins to find a way to get into the old house...

(3 get)
pianotm
I try to read it. "Beware the...Beware the Grug? Beware the Grue? Beware the Crue? You know what? I didn't pay attention in Gothic class." I slap another hole on the door and go through.

Not a 5! It's a 7.
Dudesoft
pyrodoom / Franny
As Franny uses the Rusty 666 Key on the door with gothic writing, she comes to the sad realization that this will not work...

Janna / AtiyaTheSeeker
The forest is tricky to traverse, but with her bearings firmly in mind, Janna finds the white house again. The window she noticed was wide open and easy to enter. As if it were the intended entry point...
Once through the window, Janna finds herself in a kitchen. The room is lit by a bright light in the next room.
It is a square room with a checkered tile floor. A staircase leads to the second level through one door, and the other leads to a brightly lit room. The window Janna climbed through was above a sink. Lining the walls are cupboards, and there are several cupboards and drawers below the sink. Against one wall, there is a fireplace. In the middle of the room is a table with two chairs.
On the table, Janna sees a Bottle of Water and a Brown Sack.

Art by Kevin Hong

Marla / pianotm
The disc of black flattens against the door, and Marla passes into it. The transfer is not perfect, and Marla bangs her head on a metal bar.
-3 Damage!
She stands in pitch black darkness.

Baka Gaijin
After a hot minute, Baka flips on his flashlight app and pokes into the black hole. His light illuminates the room beyond. Inside, he finds Marla and a small cavern. In fact, it is a closet. Marla is massaging a bruise on her forehead. There are no clothing hanging inside, but on the top shelf, Baka spies a Mysterious Box. He points this out to Marla and then leaves the hole. Immediately plunging the closet back into darkness.
pianotm
"Wait! Bring the light back in!" I try to take the box down.

Woohoo! 3!
With the dumb door now revealed to just lead to a closet, the annoyed Franny goes to the not-Gothic door and prepares to break it down to relieve her frustrations, not caring if it was actually locked or not.

(Roll: 6)
AtiyaTheSeeker
"Well, I got in-- ooh, is that a free beverage I spy?" Immediately the lioness scoots on over to the water bottle and brown bag. Not caring how old the water bottle might be, she immediately begins to down it. "Man, I was thirsty. But what's in this bag here?"

Remembering that the place seemed abandoned, Janna eventually puts two and two together to realize that something might be amiss. She looks to the lit room first, then around the dark kitchen, and finally sets upon carefully trying to figure out what's in the sack...

(rolled a 7)

Dudesoft
Marla / pianotm
Marla emerges easily through the hole in the closet door. She holds in her hand a small metal box with jagged tooth-shaped adornments along the lid. Above the lid, there is a small flat keyhole with the numbers "999" engraved. After a quick inspection, Marla finds the box is locked shut. However, there is something rattling around inside.
Baka Gaijin wastes his turn, Boggled by the box.
+1 Plot Point, for finding the Mysterious Box!

Franny / pyrodoom
There are three doors in the room. One leads into the closet. The other is an empty doorway leading into a dark room. And the other leads back outside and is unlocked. Flinging herself full-force into it, the door immediately bursts open. Franny flys onto the front lawn and lands awkwardly with a heavy thunk!
-4 Damage!

Janna / AtiyaTheSeeker
Janna suddenly wonders why the Bottle of Water tastes funny. It doesn't taste much like water at all. Very sugary, and leaves a burning sensation in one's throat.
+1 Plot Point for discovering the Secret Stash!
Janna will feel, act, and talk DRUNK for 7 Turns. Her SMARTS stat (and the skills associated) will gain +4 Boost for the 7 Turns. Her CHUTZPAH stat (and skills) will gain -4 Boost for the 7 Turns.

The sack, Janna found, was full of Red Hot Chili Peppers.
pianotm
Find Franny and say, "Hey, Franny, I think your Satanic Key fits this box."

Rolled 8

Wait, the actual musical band Red Hot Chili Peppers didn't pop out upon the initial opening of the bag? What kind of cartoon creator are you?
Dudesoft
author=pianotm
Wait, the actual musical band Red Hot Chili Peppers didn't pop out upon the initial opening of the bag? What kind of cartoon creator are you?

Don't ruin the surprise. :X
AtiyaTheSeeker
Janna hiccuped after drinking the water. "Goodness gracious", she giggles, "That was a very different kind of water... very different indeed... wonder what it was? Oh well!"

Wobbling a bit as she investigates the bag, she immediately grins ear to fluffy ear. "Jackpot! I love peppers!" Without a moment's notice, she begins snacking on the peppers as she walks toward the lit room, unable to walk a straight line. "Yyyyoooooo-hoo! Teeeeerry! It's Janna, aren't we gonna play that game? Or am I already winning? I don't know how to play, y'never told me the rules. *hic!*"

(another 7)
(Crap, clearly I wasn't paying attention I thought there was another closed door in the house ;3; )

Franny was beginning to feel like a fool.
Probably because she was.
She got up, taking a deep breath, before pulling out the satanic key and looking to Marla, "Here. This better be worth it."

(Roll 6)
Dudesoft
Marla / Pianotm, Franny / pyrodoom, Baka Gaijin
The three students gather around the box. Holding it between them in trembling hands, Baka Gaijin awaits the moment of triumph.
Marla slowly reaches towards the 999 Keyhole with the Rusty 666 Key...
Baka grinds his teeth nervously.
Franny glares annoyedly at the stupid box.
Marla inserts the key...

Janna / AtiyaTheSeeker
Ripping thoughtlessly into the sack of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Janna feels a strange sensation in her stomach... Stumbling towards the bright light, Janna belts out, "Jackpot! I love peppers! Yyyyoooooo-hoo! Teeeeerry! It's Janna, aren't we gonna play that game? Or am I already winning? I don't know how to play, y'never told me the rules. *hic!*"

While Janna sways into the Living Room, Baka Gaijin nervously jumps 6 feet into the air and knocks himself unconscious on the ceiling. The Mysterious Box and Rusty 666 Key tumbles through the void. Turning end over end, the Box flew straight into the sack full of peppers that Janna was holding.
There is an audible click in the silence.

Directly after this, a muffled voice from upstairs yells,
"TERRY!!! YOUR LITTLE FRIENDS ARE AT THE DOOR!!!"

Following this, an equally muffled voice springs up from beneath the Living Room carpet.
"THEN LET'EM IN, MA! I'M BUSY SETTIN' UP!!!

The voice upstairs comes back with,
"DON'T'CHU START WITH ME YOUNG MAN! I CARRIED YOUR EGG FOR NINE LONG MONTHS AND THIS IS THE THANKS I GET? OH LITTLE HERTZELEH, DON'T YOU LOVE YOUR MOTHA' NO MORE?"

The voice downstairs returns,
"ENOUGH WITH THE EGG ALREADY!"

The voice upstairs yells,
"TERENCE FEIVISH MYSNAX, YOU MARCH UPSTAIRS AND GREET THEM GUESTS!"

The voice downstairs yells,
"HEY NUMBSKULLS! I'M DOWNSTAIRS! THE TRAPDOOR IS UNLOCKED!"

Suddenly, the room goes quiet again.
The feeling inside Janna's stomach gurgles to life, and her tongue begins to wag, on its own accord.
Janna will be Drunk for 6 Turns.
Janna can only speak using Red Hot Chili Pepper song lyrics for 7 Turns!
After that bit of insanity, Franny facepalmed before walking around to look for the trapdoor that she didn't know even existed until now.
(Roll 6)